Kick-Off: 7:00pm
Broadcasters: Channel 9, Fox-Sports, ABC and 2GB
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Alex Glenn need to replace Thaiday. In the start of second half Glenn was playing left hand second rower. Broncos was looking good.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Alex Glenn need to replace Thaiday. In the start of second half Glenn was playing left hand second rower. Broncos was looking good.

That was because TPJ and Ese'ese were on, not Glenn.

I would replace either Glenn or Arrow with Kodi on the bench.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Players like Fatiano tend to trouble us, I'd like to see if they can time it so Sims is out there to counter.

Sucks for my SVRL team, but Sims' tackle count is way down on last year, and for good reason. No one wants to run at him. I know most of you will poo-poo this but there are big similarities to how his brother started 2008 for us. Smashing the **** out of the opposition, hurting them and wearing them down. If you don't believe me then watch an early game in '08 vs the Roosters. Attacking with his defence and the Rooters were walking wounded.

Thankfully Korbin won't end our season like Ashton did in '08 because nothing of interest happened and I can't remember anything about it.

Austin deliberately targeted Sims tonight, tried to wear him down and get around him, and every time Korbin smashed the **** out of him and threw him to the ground like a pathetic runt. It's awesome to have that in our side, between him and Blair we've probably got the two most punishing starting props in the game.

I can't wait to have Josh Reynolds running in to that ruck. They'll be wiping bits of Grub off the bottom of their boots all night.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
If anything we should keep them to nil. Give TPJ and Thaiday a license to monster Reynolds all night. For the gameplan obviously but mostly for the satisfaction.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
If anything we should keep them to nil. Give TPJ and Thaiday a license to monster Reynolds all night. For the gameplan obviously but mostly for the satisfaction.
Yeah til Milford gets tripped by the dog

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
That was because TPJ and Ese'ese were on, not Glenn.

I would replace either Glenn or Arrow with Kodi on the bench.
Macca is an 80 min. man these days which makes Kodi dispensable. Glenn and Arrow aren't going anywhere, both have been impressive for the most part.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I do think we need to find some room somewhere for Kodi
In the back end of halves he could be that X factor we are missing at the moment

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Macca is an 80 min. man these days which makes Kodi dispensable. Glenn and Arrow aren't going anywhere, both have been impressive for the most part.

Just would be so dangerous coming on with his speed, don't think Glenn has been adding to much off the bench.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I still like Kodi off the bench. He can really turn a game around with his fresh legs, either scoring or setting up a valuable try, or getting a linebreak to get us on the front foot. Lets not forget that they are actually reducing interchanges for players like him to shine.

I dunno who I'd drop for him though. Too tough to call, but I don't think we need all 4 forwards.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Just would be so dangerous coming on with his speed, don't think Glenn has been adding to much off the bench.
The Broncos have plenty of dangerous players but most have yet to click but they will eventually. Kodi isn't even in the frame anymore. May never play another NRL game.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
The Broncos have plenty of dangerous players but most have yet to click but they will eventually. Kodi isn't even in the frame anymore. May never play another NRL game.

On our run in 2015 he was incredibly important and was a game changer for us. I think he is almost a must off the bench.

He is just coming off major surgery, he'll be back, I think we need him.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Whichever team passes to their centres more wins.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
When our bench forwards aren't dropping the ball on drop out resets with no-one in sight, they have to be one of the most enthusiastic benches in this season. The Bulldogs are big, like the Raiders and if we can have that impact off the bench we are a massive chance.

BronxBee

BronxBee

Feb 23, 2017
I still like Kodi off the bench. He can really turn a game around with his fresh legs, either scoring or setting up a valuable try, or getting a linebreak to get us on the front foot. Lets not forget that they are actually reducing interchanges for players like him to shine.

I dunno who I'd drop for him though. Too tough to call, but I don't think we need all 4 forwards.

Agreed!

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Glenn also bombed a certain try easily in the first half. I'm happy with how Sammi has played this year. Glenn hasn't played well enough to replace anyone in our starting pack IMHO.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
He is providing valuable experience on the bench and unlike most players, including Kodi, can do a job in a number of areas.

Kodi can come on and do a bit of a run and maybe get us a try with a bit of free play running. If he doesn't he is an absolute liability anywhere else in the team as we saw last year when Melbourne completely exploited him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Lozza
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • OXY-351
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Gaz
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Boss
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.