vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs lost the game to sea eagles 36 - 0. It's gone be physical game next week.

Glenn needs to go he adds nothing, is an average defender and never breaks the line. We don't need that experience we need that impact like Ese,Ese and TPJ are adding.

Niko is an important impact player which we could really use especially after our hard work in defence and wearing the other teams down.

Glenn needs to go he adds nothing, is an average defender and never breaks the line. We don't need that experience we need that impact like Ese,Ese and TPJ are adding.

Niko is an important impact player which we could really use especially after our hard work in defence and wearing the other teams down.
Glenn is edge back row. He is not middle man. That why be get missing in the game.

Good chance to fine tune our execution next week.

Can anyone remind me of a game where Nikorima has been exposed defending in the middle? He doesn't harm us at all there, just needs to tackle around the legs. But the impact he provides can be massive. Especially when our attack can struggle comning up with decent play at times.

If Nikorima is a genuine option to replace Hunt next season, then he needs to stay in the ISC fine tuning his game. otherwise he will never be ready. 10 mins a game off the bench playing second fiddle to Macca will do absolutely nothing for his development.

besides in the current climate (with concussion rules the way they are) we need a utility that can play a wide variety of positions.

Glenn can play in backrow, hooker, centers, wing, 5/8 if we are really desperate; while Nikorima can only play spine positions

Glenn is awful at hooker and in the halves, and has never really been tested on the wing either. I wouldn't call him a particularly good utility either.

And Niko shouldn't be there as a "utility", but as an impact player.

As I said earlier, id be tempted to have Su'A on the bench over Glenn, he would add a little more excitement and skill. But I can see why we wouldn't do that, it would leave us 4 virtual rookies on the bench and would possibly harm Jaydn's development, who should be benefiting from playing 80 minutes a game.

Only other options I can think are Fai & Dodds. Fai is similar to Ese'ese and Dodds is similar to Arrow. The make up of the bench is really good right now, all 4 players bring different skill sets.

Glenn is awful at hooker and in the halves, and has never really been tested on the wing either. I wouldn't call him a particularly good utility either.

To be fair, Glenn doesn't need to cover every position, so long as there is someone in the positions he covers who can also move around. Ie, Boyd goes down, Kahu to fullback, Roberts to wing, Glenn to centre.

He is better than Niko in all of those roles, apart from Halves...

The 4 forward bench has been working for us, don't change it unless there's an injury.

I like Nikorima but I can't see a place for him yet. He'll likely get his opportunity in 2018.

Glenn also bombed a certain try easily in the first half. I'm happy with how Sammi has played this year. Glenn hasn't played well enough to replace anyone in our starting pack IMHO.

Thaiday is the heaviest and laziest he's ever been. His defensive efforts and effort off the ball has dropped significantly.

Thaiday is the heaviest and laziest he's ever been. His defensive efforts and effort off the ball has dropped significantly.
[insert u wot mate theme]

As I said earlier, id be tempted to have Su'A on the bench over Glenn, he would add a little more excitement and skill. But I can see why we wouldn't do that, it would leave us 4 virtual rookies on the bench and would possibly harm Jaydn's development, who should be benefiting from playing 80 minutes a game.

Only other options I can think are Fai & Dodds. Fai is similar to Ese'ese and Dodds is similar to Arrow. The make up of the bench is really good right now, all 4 players bring different skill sets.
Is Dodds even playing? I haven't seen him named in any ISC squads. I think he is still on the DL.

I'm not sure what you are watching. Granted Thaiday has been better in the past but he has also been a lot worse than what he is now.

I think he has been going well. He has been coming up with some big moments to inspire the other forwards and he is definitely looking to get involved as much as he can.

The Sharks game springs to mind. When we were having trouble coming out of our end he came over from the left, pushed Roberts out of the way and came up with a big run and also earned us a penalty.

I'm not sure what you are watching. Granted Thaiday has been better in the past but he has also been a lot worse than what he is now.

I think he has been going well. He has been coming up with some big moments to inspire the other forwards and he is definitely looking to get involved as much as he can.

The Sharks game springs to mind. When we were having trouble coming out of our end he came over from the left, pushed Roberts out of the way and came up with a big run and also earned us a penalty.

One big hit up in 4 games.

Watch the last Canberra try from the other night. Thaiday is slow to move to cover the outside defender, then when the play goes past him, he jogs on the inside instead of sprinting to try to shut the play down. If he sprints hard, he stops the pass to Austin and there's no try, but there he is just dawdling along.

One big hit up in 4 games.

Watch the last Canberra try from the other night. Thaiday is slow to move to cover the outside defender, then when the play goes past him, he jogs on the inside instead of sprinting to try to shut the play down. If he sprints hard, he stops the pass to Austin and there's no try, but there he is just dawdling along.

That was just one example..

Considering he was worried about Paulo being one-on-one with Blair, it allowed Austin to get on the outside of him and he burned him for speed.

It's not that Thaiday didn't try, he was just up against someone much faster than him.

As for jogging back. He was sprinting. But the players were too quick for him, and Wighton didn't **** up the pass so Thaiday wasn't stopping that one.

This isn't a case of Thaiday being lazy. He wouldn't have even bothered running back in the first place if he was being lazy. It was a case of Thaiday not being fast enough.

I find it surprising the person you're going to criticize in that moment is Thaiday.. When if Moga makes the tackle on Whitehead instead of coming up with a piss poor attempt, none of that even happens.

How can you say he's not being lazy on that play man? He sprints for about 5 steps, then starts jogging. If he keeps sprinting, he intercepts the pass. Pretty sure I'm right here. Can you get a video of it?

http://www.nrl.com/rd-4-broncos-v-raiders-hls/tabid/10959/contentid/899488/default.aspx

2:35. You might be right about Thaiday not wanting Blair to take Paulo 1 on 1, but in doing so he's slow to get across and forces Milford to come in on Austin, which opens the gap. Thaiday then trails the play and jogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Jazza
  • IceWorks
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • Kev_Guz
  • Cavalo
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.