Round 5 Discussion

Anyone who watched the Eels - Penrith game, what was your take on the Eels second try.?

For mine the Eels player clearly hits at the ball as a second man in, I mean its just obvious. IMO. Not one commentator or anyone in the bunker call it like it is. At best he knocks it forward at worst it should have been a penalty.

Am I the only one who saw it that way?

Anyone who watched the Eels - Penrith game, what was your take on the Eels second try.?

For mine the Eels player clearly hits at the ball as a second man in, I mean its just obvious. IMO. Not one commentator or anyone in the bunker call it like it is. At best he knocks it forward at worst it should have been a penalty.

Am I the only one who saw it that way?

He took an each way bet.

Technically he didn't look at the football which is seen as a key indicator and so they ruled it as a loose carry.

I actually agree with Gaz, get rid of the strip penalty altogether and just let it be a free for all. You'd remove the grey area and any controversy surrounding it.

giphy.gif

He took an each way bet.

Technically he didn't look at the football which is seen as a key indicator and so they ruled it as a loose carry.

I actually agree with Gaz, get rid of the strip penalty altogether and just let it be a free for all. You'd remove the grey area and any controversy surrounding it.

I watched it quite a few times, he must have been looking at it as he raised his hand higher than if he was making a normal tackle then slapped at the ball in a downward motion. Certainly not a tackling action. Players are getting good at it but this was an obvious one for me.

As far as Gazs' suggestion we had that not too many years ago and it was just a shit fight of strips in every set. The reason we have these rules is because of how bad games were with so many strips and scrums.

Similar to teams pinned on their own try line and the marker kicking at the ball, it became such a bore they changed the rules.

That's just how the refs interpret it. Players can go in with any action they went, as long as they make it appear random the referees will let it go.

This isn't like Tamou on Thaiday in the grand final which was obviously a penalty and they got wrong (thanks refs), the Parra player did enough to get away with it.

I don't like it either, but that's the interpretation they've set themselves.

Exciting finish to the game. I tipped the Eels but they looked very flat for the majority of the game. I knew they were due for a loss as teams that have a good defensive reputation, particularly sides that are on the rise, will struggle to maintain that intensity week to week. Was hoping they'd sneak home...

On a broader note, I like what I'm seeing from the Eels. They're turning in some solid performances. I thought Corey Norman was outstanding. He and Foran are forming a pretty good combination in the halves.

As happy as I am that the Panthers won, it screwed up my perfect tipping.

Patten video reffing a Dogs game. Hoping for some bias from him.

The form player of 2016 sets up another try.

Looks like we've got the bad Bulldogs tonight.

Klein is seriously the worst.

Bulldogs should have been warned there - that was dangerous from T-Rex.

The Raiders are challenging the Cowboys for the best kicking game in the competition.

Meanwhile the Bulldogs easily have the worst.

Hodgson is actually so good, arguably the 2nd best hooker in the world right now.

The Raiders defence has been awesome tonight.

Great kicking game met with a great chase.

Quality performance by them Raiders.

Hey [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] you taking notes, mate?

It's okay Tony.

Just front up and you won't miss any weeks.

Can Klein warn T-Rex already?

Gutless prick.

The Raiders defence has gone to sleep.

They can't be missing Sia already?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • MrRobot
  • Cavalo
  • Strop
  • HVbronco
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncs1459
  • Skyblues87
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • FACTHUNT
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.