Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

We were terrible last night, and i mean seibold level terrible. No effort was there:

-I know we got done by 29 points but souths killed us with their defence. Unlike us, they rushed up on the edges and cut off the ball movement (just like the roosters, melbourne and panthers defence).
-Conversely our edge defence ran backwards! It just gives the ball player so much time to position their runners into gaps, make decisions and run set plays. Then because we are on the back foot, if the player steps inside we miss tackles (Gagai leading to reynolds try). How can we not see that this strategy does not work?!
- our backline runs next to eachother like an under 10s backline movement. No player runs it at a different angle at or different speed. It is so pedestrian.
-i do not see what everyone else sees in flegler, he is dumb and lazy. I noticed it in papenhuyzens tries and reynolds last night. Once there was a break and the ball got past him, he trots back (not even a jogging pace). Reynolds flew past him (and he is not quick) to get in support and score. Had flegler pulled his thumb out of his arse, he could have stopped that.
- there was only a handful of occasions where we managed to get a souths player on their back. 90% of the time they landed on their front or we couldnt get them down and they had played the ball before our markets were in position.
- our team is lazy, dearden was looking for support after his break, he slowed down to let people catch up but no one was there. Completely different to souths who had 3 or 4 supporters after breaks.

I am done with this "team". Why should people pay money to go to a game when most of the team could not be arsed.

The expansion team will kill the broncos and they have no one to blame but themselves.

We were terrible last night, and i mean seibold level terrible. No effort was there:

-I know we got done by 29 points but souths killed us with their defence. Unlike us, they rushed up on the edges and cut off the ball movement (just like the roosters, melbourne and panthers defence).
-Conversely our edge defence ran backwards! It just gives the ball player so much time to position their runners into gaps, make decisions and run set plays. Then because we are on the back foot, if the player steps inside we miss tackles (Gagai leading to reynolds try). How can we not see that this strategy does not work?!
- our backline runs next to eachother like an under 10s backline movement. No player runs it at a different angle at or different speed. It is so pedestrian.
-i do not see what everyone else sees in flegler, he is dumb and lazy. I noticed it in papenhuyzens tries and reynolds last night. Once there was a break and the ball got past him, he trots back (not even a jogging pace). Reynolds flew past him (and he is not quick) to get in support and score. Had flegler pulled his thumb out of his arse, he could have stopped that.
- there was only a handful of occasions where we managed to get a souths player on their back. 90% of the time they landed on their front or we couldnt get them down and they had played the ball before our markets were in position.
- our team is lazy, dearden was looking for support after his break, he slowed down to let people catch up but no one was there. Completely different to souths who had 3 or 4 supporters after breaks.

I am done with this "team". Why should people pay money to go to a game when most of the team could not be arsed.

The expansion team will kill the broncos and they have no one to blame but themselves.

This team, this team of hitherto poorly coached youngsters needs all the support they can get. as does our rookie coach. Like everyone on here, I am both pissed off and sad at this situation. It is the club's doing over years of neglect. What do we expect?

Just reading through this the toys are well and truly out of the cot.
Gotta laugh how some simplistic ideas are being thrown out and ppl think it will magically make a difference to the outcome.
KW is assessing who he wants to keep and who are for the axe. They are important decisions which have to be considered after a lot more rounds than 5.
I agree his bench decisions are odd and poor old Croft getting 10 mins at the end is pointless.
I think we will see some really big changes towards the end of this year.

Mirroring what many have said but i think we have the foundation (Hass, TPJ, Herbie, Coates,) etc but we just don't have the troops around them to pull it all together.

Pretty dissapointed in what Kevvie has done so far as well. Defence is an attitude and we have zero line speed and still drop off tackles suggesting he's been unable to turn these guys attitude around. And the tactic of playing your hooker 80 mins but changing your half after 70? I guarantee if he keeps that up his head will be called for very soon.

His use of Asiata i think is poor, he's used too much as a battering ram. The guy has supurb ball skills so let him take some hard carries but use him as creativity as well.

We seem to use Hass to take the 4th tackle hitup and put us on the front foot before our kick. Surely you give him the 2nd or 3rd hit up and try play off the back of his momentum?

Alex Glenn offers not a thing. Im a massive fan of those mid range quiet acheiver type guys and all teams need them (kenny bromich, jack reed, tom opacic type guys). Alex glenn used to be this but he's dropped below this now. 63 meters in 80 minutes is not a contribution. It kills me to say it but at least Corey Oates would pose a threat.

Speaking of the once all mighty corey oates, we need something more from our 1,2,3,4,5 when it comes to the early plays while our forwards get back onside. Currently they offer nothing and get pushed back. We need a Daniel Vidot, Tautau Moga, corey oates like guy to get the set rolling. I know he was garbage last year but if he plays Q cup this weekend and puts a good showing i think we need him in the squad for his go forward if nothing else.

Why would it cost him his job?

If anything he'd get a lot more respect flushing the turd.
You know what they’re like. Be it the board and/or media (CM), they’ll have it in for him and use that as ammunition

When the game was over and you critique that one kick..should have been given a chance when the game was in the balance at least.
The kid kept dropping the ball and being run over by Mitchell...not to mention the Riki hospital passes.
We would not hear the end of it if Croft had done the same.
I thought he showed massive potential with his pin point kicking. Haven't a clue what you are talking about.

I think we can pretty much officially confirm that Seibold was not the problem. The problem is the playing roster and culture around the club. Need an enormous cleanout before any coach is going to succeed here.
He was a massive part of the problem. It was his idea to play so many younger blokes with no on field direction. If you have halves and a hooker that can't steer the ship then I thinknita clear you have an issue.

I still truly believe we have some quality young players here who would be thriving in different circumstances. Like I keep saying, we need some solid NRL players who just do their jobs plus a couple of leaders and we will be fine.

He was a massive part of the problem. It was his idea to play so many younger blokes with no on field direction. If you have halves and a hooker that can't steer the ship then I thinknita clear you have an issue.

I still truly believe we have some quality young players here who would be thriving in different circumstances. Like I keep saying, we need some solid NRL players who just do their jobs plus a couple of leaders and we will be fine.

Was that really all Seibold though? For mine, the club fucked up by not replacing BHunt with genuine quality, and playing Darius one year too long instead of buying a quality replacement.

For mine, Seibold was simply the wrong coach for a team of rookies. With a team like Souths, experienced and settled, he did really well.

Was that really all Seibold though? For mine, the club fucked up by not replacing BHunt with genuine quality, and playing Darius one year too long instead of buying a quality replacement.

For mine, Seibold was simply the wrong coach for a team of rookies. With a team like Souths, experienced and settled, he did really well.
I think it was. Not saying he was all of the problem, but he was a big part of it. When you have a core of good, younger players the last thing you do is throw more younger players in. Plus his obsession with wiping everything Wayne from the club, his inability to handle the pressure and his failure to connect and get his message across with the players was an issue. Boyd is a good example as well. He was the coach, could have dropped him, he didn't.

Didn't help him I'll grant you that our administration lost the plot.

I expected us to get beaten by more so overall not too disappointed. I can't get upset about this result because I like many others have already accepted that this team is awful and will lose far more than they win.

We're putting in more effort than last season we just have similar mental deficiencies that mean we can't play competitive footy for 80min and our heads drop as soon as we concede. I don't have the energy to blame individuals. Anyone that expects us to compete with the top 4 teams is clueless and anyone who went into this season thinking we could make finals is simply delusional. Yes, we can expect better but not with the club in the current state it is and not until the roster is cleaned up.

This ship is going to take a few years to turn around. I personally don't believe Kevvie will lead us back to glory but currently he's the right man for the job. He's doing the best he can with what he has available and we need to bite our collective lips and just accept the process will take time and this season will hurt.

But Bennett has done better at Souths. And we swapped Bennett for Seibold.

Just reading through this the toys are well and truly out of the cot.
Gotta laugh how some simplistic ideas are being thrown out and ppl think it will magically make a difference to the outcome.
KW is assessing who he wants to keep and who are for the axe. They are important decisions which have to be considered after a lot more rounds than 5.
I agree his bench decisions are odd and poor old Croft getting 10 mins at the end is pointless.
I think we will see some really big changes towards the end of this year.
Well said mate , it’s a case of grin and bare it atm .
As long as there's a clear direction and improvement by the end of the year I'll be happy. Definitely bizarre why he's swapping Croft and Dearden in the last 10min , maybe to justify dropping them or trying to get some confidence in them .

Well said mate , it’s a case of grin and bare it atm .
As long as there's a clear direction and improvement by the end of the year I'll be happy. Definitely bizarre why he's swapping Croft and Dearden in the last 10min , maybe to justify dropping them or trying to get some confidence in them .

We need some players who will just do their jobs, but mainly we need a hooker and a 7 who can direct the team around. Should be going hard for Reynolds as that first piece of the puzzle

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Dazza 92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.