Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

Here’s a question to ponder, do you think our defence is better or worse than last season?

Our forwards hung in there tonight against the Bunnies middle so Milford can't use the excuse of playing behind a losing pack. His last tackle options were again shit tonight and they release any pressure that Souths could have been under. We also struggle to defend a mistake and especially a poor ref decision which there were a few tonight. That's just a lack of experience and an ordinary captain. The one common denominator is Milford at 5/8 and Kevvie needs to bench him for a few weeks and give Dearden and ? a go. Desperate times call for desperate measures and it's not like we could be any worse with Milford out for a few weeks.
Can I just ask - if nobody thinks Milf can run the game and should just run or whatever, why isn't Wunderkind Dearden taking the 5th tackle option?

I understand the disparity in wage, but we were told it was Croft's team to organise, and now Dearden, yet Milf has to do all the 5th tackle options and gets lambasted for fucking the thing up that people dont want him to be doing. I just dont get it.

Here’s a question to ponder, do you think our defence is better or worse than last season?
It’s a tad better in very very short bursts. There’s a flicker of passion every game where as last year there was no trying at all

Can I just ask - if nobody thinks Milf can run the game and should just run or whatever, why isn't Wunderkind Dearden taking the 5th tackle option?

I understand the disparity in wage, but we were told it was Croft's team to organise, and now Dearden, yet Milf has to do all the 5th tackle options and gets lambasted for fucking the thing up that people dont want him to be doing. I just dont get it.
In case you’ve forgotten, it’s because Milford was POTY 2018 for his kicking.

Anyone care to summarize Kevvie's presser?

I know the COVID situation didn't help and a lot of the mistakes they're making are just detail areas.
I don't think the covid fifo situation should be understated... away teams struggled last year under the bubble and last week three teams were travelling nomads.

Each of those teams got flogged having to play on the road after a week of isolation in hotel rooms. Mentality is 90% of the game nowadays and lead-in to a game can blow the whole thing up... ours happened to coincide with 2 of the top 3 teams for the premiership.

I think we can pretty much officially confirm that Seibold was not the problem. The problem is the playing roster and culture around the club. Need an enormous cleanout before any coach is going to succeed here.

My impression was he was disappointed but philosophical which is okay.
They asked if it was more of the same and he agreed, to a point. He saw postives and there were some. What he says in 24 hrs is more important. They asked about Reynolds but he waved it off. Outside his current thoughts. He did say the results he expects are taking longer than he initially thought.

Kevvie has been saying from day 1 that Milf is his man (Croft being the organiser is Shitbold rhetoric)... from game 1 Milf has been taking the majority of 5th tackle kicks for better or worse.

Croft spent round 1 parked on the left edge... ala Luai for the panthers and most other secondary halves (DBrown, etc.)... Dearden spent tonight parked on the right edge playing blindsides.

Split halves is a shit tactic that we have been playing since 2016

I thought he was realistic, while not too disheartened. He acknowledged that the last few games have been against the best in the comp and pointed out that despite the losses the younger guys were learning.

He knows his 6 and 7 are where the plays are breaking down and he knows if he can get that area sorted it will improve the team’s performance no end. So I think without giving away too much he’s summed up our weaknesses and where we need to get better. Compared to any Siebold presser he actually sounds like he knows what he’s trying to achieve.

Kevvie has been saying from day 1 that Milf is his man (Croft being the organiser is Shitbold rhetoric)... from game 1 Milf has been taking the majority of 5th tackle kicks for better or worse.

Croft spent round 1 parked on the left edge... ala Luai for the panthers and most other secondary halves (DBrown, etc.)... Dearden spent tonight parked on the right edge playing blindsides.

Split halves is a shit tactic that we have been playing since 2016
I swear it was stated that Croft would run the team. I could be wrong on that though.

anyway I don’t want to sound like I’m making excuses for milf, but he’s expected to do everything and hears externally that he needs to a) run the ball more and b) take control of the side. I think he’s confused at what to do and it’s just making him play like pus.

The amount of shit he’s getting in the media is fucking shameful the **** will probably have a nervous breakdown

I don't think the covid fifo situation should be understated... away teams struggled last year under the bubble and last week three teams were travelling nomads.

Each of those teams got flogged having to play on the road after a week of isolation in hotel rooms. Mentality is 90% of the game nowadays and lead-in to a game can blow the whole thing up... ours happened to coincide with 2 of the top 3 teams for the premiership.

View attachment 12268
The 2020/2021 Warriors say hello

We cant compare imo what Benji is doing with Souths to what Milf is doing for us. The go forward, the time he had, the leg ups with us being 13m back, it was easy for him tonight.

Just 3 months ago he couldnt get a gig at all and called his buddy Wayne begging for a min contract. He wasn't that great last year in a struggling team either and is a horrible defender.

Put any of our 3 halves in a top team who's forwards dominate and you'd want them to sign for us. Time is everything for the halves and ours get none.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • unnerv1ng
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.