17. Kodi Nikorima
Coach: Neil HenryCoach: Wayne Bennett
Referees: Jared Maxwell, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Clayton Sharpe
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Steve Chiddy, Bernard Sutton
Kick-Off: 7:05pm (QLD Time)
Broadcast: Fox Sports 1 & Channel 9

Last edited:
According to Oates in an interview today, his shoulder isn't even close to 100%, and won't be for several more weeks, but he wanted to rush back to "Prove Wayne wrong".

Don't like it.

I had a vision this morning, a premonition, if you will. Ben Hunt is gonna have his break out game tonight.

Last edited:
Greg Bird to Five-Eighth, Ignatius Paasi into the starting line-up, Eddy Pettybourne on to the bench - No Cameron Cullen.

mate if Hunts beak out gets him playing good footy let the fella do his thing!

According to Oates in an interview today, his shoulder isn't even close to 100%, and won't be for several more weeks, but he wanted to rush back to "Prove Wayne wrong".

Don't like it.

just watched that vid too. not sure i got all that from it.. did make a joke of trying to prove wayne wrong, but not sure to say the shoulder isnt as good as its going to get?

mind you WB did quip in the other game day vid on the site that theyre all fit and noone unfit plays.. but said it in just a way that takes on that godfather tone that i wonder how honest theyre all being with eachother lol, like the performance staff might be roo scared to tell him 'sorry coach this guy isnt right yet' haha. could just be my daytime version of a premonition : ) probly just imagining it!

Last edited:
btw Bird aint a ball players arse. feelin a bit better about tonight, cullen might have caused problems (granted ive not seen him in action for yonks)

mind u having a bloke (read: filthy shit) like bird next to u might give Taylor more confidence. interesting esp with James not missing out. will be a bit of a struggle for at least an hour..

Titans are going to try the ol' bash and barge.

It's going to be a real ugly game. Anyone expecting a repeat of last week is going to be sorely mistaken, expect more Round 2 with less Corey Oates heroics.

btw Bird aint a ball players arse. feelin a bit better about tonight, cullen might have caused problems (granted ive not seen him in action for yonks)

mind u having a bloke (read: filthy shit) like bird next to u might give Taylor more confidence. interesting esp with James not missing out. will be a bit of a struggle for at least an hour..

They must be desperate if Bird is the playmaker. Apart from Origin years ago (where he actually won MOM) he hasn't been a playmaker for years.

They must be desperate if Bird is the playmaker. Apart from Origin years ago (where he actually won MOM) he hasn't been a playmaker for years.

Last year actually

Round 24 vs Raiders

He's played there sporadically through out the years and was their regular five-eighth in 2010.

I remember when NSW were convinced he was the next Lewis and started throwing awards his way. It was delusional.

Titans are going to try the ol' bash and barge.

It's going to be a real ugly game. Anyone expecting a repeat of last week is going to be sorely mistaken, expect more Round 2 with less Corey Oates heroics.

I think you're right, Pete. I think the Titans are going to drag us down into the trenches and make this a dirty game. They won't be able to compete on skill, so they'll play dirty. Let's hope the boys are up to the challenge. We're gonna need Moose and Adam Blair to lead from the front and really dig in hard.

I'm sure Oates has had to pass numerous medicals... If players just had to say nah mate I'm right there'd be no need for a squad outside the 17...

How long into this game before Bird drops an elbow into someones face or Ryan James hits Milford from the side after he kicks the ball?

How long into this game before Bird drops an elbow into someones face or Ryan James hits Milford from the side after he kicks the ball?

1st set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.