PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Flegler and Kaufusi (who would've fired up to have his once in a season game) out the phins seriously have zero quality in their pack.

All i want to see is Milf and Kodi standing on the goal line together and seeing this bloke winding up...

ADKq_NZlO7cYCBcgo8fpBc76BXK5zDex3vjC2dmC1LOKOl6KBKVQEXayrtrXuo_MZcxawXFFZbvmpoqs4L_unLVRfosKqT4e_ZaJ6w2xNHXvgsyHoEtqrh4XhFMfhJaWSIlinCQq9Y2EwUFHDPZsLEtROYCsRn0aSvwzd8bKu2IboNN2oBCcb6vlMm9qNdzDQsVSJX-eLfHSiYxvnk7IVyFaEeecDVUQq5LIbDhMS4dsOmlF6Stb1wtFZRTb_SOXpupI4SOK5Wo=s0-d-e1-ft
Great line by oates. He saw Hughes sliding and just shifted his angle to hit the gap. Forced a legs tackle, unorganised line and ben barges over.

We're going to have injuries - it's a contact sport. The key problem for us is the who and how many all at once.
And how serious they are. A 1-2 week injury for anyone we can manage. It is when it starts to get above 4-5 weeks it becomes problematic.

I'd suggest that you'd also want to preserve your biggest investments and ensure their longevity.

Carrigan is earmarked as a future captain and long-term player, and we are compensating him now commensurate to his performance and value (may actually be paying him unders...). If we want him to maintain his form and impact for the longest period possible, we should be managing his minutes so there is a balance between him having an impact on each game, but ensuring he is not overworked.
This is all well and good, and I share the sentiment. But do you not think that in the midst of a bout of injuries, where our best middle is out, and we allowed our next two most accomplished middles leave, that there is justification for Carrigan playing longer minutes for a few weeks and then reducing his time or giving him a week off once the injuries abate?

I can see via Tuesdays team lists that some coaches are panicking already - I dont think we need to and i dont want us to either.

Certainly there was far more positives than negatives for the playing group after the Storm game.

It sends a very clear and public message from the coach to supporters and the league as a whole; we arent panicking.

Picking Madden in the 7 is THE right move. Leavng Patty in the 13 is THE right move. Believe me, these early season run-outs for Jock are going to be so helpful for his development. He has a bit going for him.

Madden will allow Mam, Patty and now Walsh to play the way they do best.

ADKq_NaDRDBKvyZDQ-gOUVxKjUOhjUG9jO3_7udYEABdIVNgLol-kgqLX2SneHrr4XBZLuD2ZsGeQeOn_PJe659_hjnLS7r5acQTYVajrE1PTUIPazu5RhEAChH6rUutbd0BPNZ_twjONxVP7TTK8V4dQENuM8FOzFFNGC8ktUOCDk7ccGgmV4Oh_Kwpf1-uhuA1PKrV78wlQTxTSxYTEMks6g06BY8IgOOs-k25NyK-ijK1xlYHIpKflqpNBTRUCv0u_l3nUCkn=s0-d-e1-ft

He tells Piakura to run the unders line whilst Mam lurks around the back..

ADKq_NYCjM3vmF7o74ggirUteoDq8poPNcfasHfmWU6OyS1S-NXkCylA3_i23HDGNdBJK5DJ689WmrKgITtSZOsW-YyMpbnDPdPBS4FoqvSWSADOEQlqaXmqnRjIMCF6R7i2Y6RJ2X0vcpIC1braLfEn6UQ89M1e3nCnJnA0jvNA4f1y_5U_8eym5DoyjJ6jK_JgZ2AKXvVQsdffCOeix6ueRpIfL2xEBCYzeOVq1cipv6IyNCe0AWb_T_9EuViqx-LidQIEVWFs=s0-d-e1-ft

He keeps Mam (arrow) on the left hand side of the play the ball for a few more tackles then throws it right where we have the numbers. Thats a fine and confident play to call for the 7.

Now, the best teams right now are running two blockers at the line in this type of play to really compress the goal-line defence but Brisbane seem happy for now to allow the outside backs the latitude to sort it out.

Who is last in the regained percentage?

Would also be interested on how effective receiving teams are at defusing short kick offs... feel like we really struggle when teams kick short to us.

Have we actually defused a short drop out this year??

Dragons 42 drop outs, 17 short, 1 success.

6%

With Flegler and Kaufusi (who would've fired up to have his once in a season game) out the phins seriously have zero quality in their pack.

There really are no excuses for a loss, especially with Walsh back.

We have the better side.

Always thought arey should aim for the sidelines he seems pretty good at catching the opposition out with them
This exactly. There needs to be an element of risk here for the receiving team. Knowing the majority of our kicks are going to favour the our left and will land around the 15m mark means they just stack that position every drop out. We need to show randomness so they can't prepare for what's almost now a set play every drop out.

people need to mix it up. Do the Benny Hunt origin trick. Straight, on the ground and rush it. Decent chance any receiver bobbles a worm burner while the defence rushes it.

I agree, when the Walkers were doing it 10 years ago they had different players to do different kicks and assigned roles for those kicks.

Capewell would kick the high rugby type one that would land on the 11m mark.

The grubber straight at the big dumb prop was drilled at him to drop from kick offs by someone different.

They had three or four types of kick and four different people to do it.

I agree, when the Walkers were doing it 10 years ago they had different players to do different kicks and assigned roles for those kicks.

Capewell would kick the high rugby type one that would land on the 11m mark.

The grubber straight at the big dumb prop was drilled at him to drop from kick offs by someone different.

They had three or four types of kick and four different people to do it.
Reminds me of a few years ago Cowboys vs Storm. Thurston kicked off low and hard and it sort of grubbered out the sideline. He did it a couple of times and it worked great. I remember the commentators saying he was giving up some maroons tactic but I hadn’t seen him do it again.

This is all well and good, and I share the sentiment. But do you not think that in the midst of a bout of injuries, where our best middle is out, and we allowed our next two most accomplished middles leave, that there is justification for Carrigan playing longer minutes for a few weeks and then reducing his time or giving him a week off once the injuries abate?

Honestly? I would rather he do a couple of stints with a break in the middle, if he's going to do longer minutes. Go off at the half and maybe sit for ten or fifteen minutes the other side before coming back on to close out the game a little fresher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Allo
  • Old Mate
  • Jazza
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • MrMoore
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.