Video Referees: Ben Galea, Jason Robinson, Bernard Sutton
Kick-Off: 7:50pm
Broadcast: FoxSports 1 & Channel 9

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
For once it would be nice to have a bit more than 4 or 5 days to turn around another game

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
For once it would be nice to have a bit more than 4 or 5 days to turn around another game

Is that a joke? I'm pretty sure we have it better than all the other teams when it comes to turn-arounds. All those 7 day turn-arounds for all the friday night games we get.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Is that a joke? I'm pretty sure we have it better than all the other teams when it comes to turn-arounds. All those 7 day turn-arounds for all the friday night games we get.

Well since we've been playing Thursdays after a Friday game it sucks. A Saturday after a Thursday would be nice

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We SHOULD win this, but we've been looking a bit tired in 2nd halves and taking our foot off the gas, so who knows.

Hammerman47

Hammerman47

BRL Player
Feb 6, 2016
If everyone is fit and Wayne rests the boys for a couple of days this could be the game we can put a big score on. Hunt, Milf, Roberts, Oates, Boyd playing at 100% and the forward playing as well as they are would be awesome to watch. Keep Macca on for as long as possible with Niko tearing them up at the back of each half.... whoa... :)

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
As BP posted in the Titans post game thread:

"I actually think the Broncos look their best when McCullough is leading the boys through the middle, supporting his forwards for offloads before going out-wide. When they went away from that formula and just tried to give it to Hunt or Milford off the ruck, the play looked disjointed. I really think it's up to players like McCullough, Parker, McGuire and Blair to spark something and for the halves to play off of it."

Do that consistently for 80 mins, defend up to our standards (like those we set last year in particular), more offloading and forwards passing the ball .... then I can't see why Roberts and Oates won't score a hat trick of tries and we win by 20 which is how it should be for mine with a team this good.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
The Dragons were bog average against the Cows. We should put them to the sword.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
If Dugan doesn't make an impact or isn't used by his halves the Dragons have nothing in attack, they are the lowest team in terms of points scored and there's a reason for it. We should win this game but the Dragons always seem to lift against us so it might be tougher than what we are expecting.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
If Dugan doesn't make an impact or isn't used by his halves the Dragons have nothing in attack, they are the lowest team in terms of points scored and there's a reason for it. We should win this game but the Dragons always seem to lift against us so it might be tougher than what we are expecting.
Agree.

They always seem to find a way to lift against us...although if we defend them out of the game, and pin them in their own end with a better kicking game, then there is no reason why we shouldn't win comfortably.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Agree.

They always seem to find a way to lift against us...although if we defend them out of the game, and pin them in their own end with a better kicking game, then there is no reason why we shouldn't win comfortably.

Hmmm, I keep reading that almost every team "lifts against us" and I wonder if that's really the case? Why does every team seem to lift just against us? If we were in the middle of the pack or say close to the bottom of the ladder, would teams still lift against us? I wonder if we have a siege mentality: Brisbane vs the World? Maybe that's accurate. It certainly seems to be with a number of commentators but we don't play them out on the park. Oh well. Just a thought.

All I know is that against a side as good as the Broncos, every team has to lift to have a chance, and we need to prepare for that as an integral part of being a top 4 side and a genuine premiership contender. It's no different for the Cowboys, or Bulldogs or any side playing really well.

If we play to our strengths which are enormous, there is no reason we can't do to the Dragons what the Cowboys did. Anything less than a solid win is for mine a reason for concern (especially since we beat the Cowboys).

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009

NRL 360 touched on 5 day turnarounds this week and actually found it a myth that the Broncos don't get any. This season only the Titans & Warriors have no 5 day turn arounds. The Broncos get 2, which is equal 5th in the competition with Manly getting the most with 4. They also showed a stat that in the last four years we have actually been a club who is in the top 20% in the competition with most 5 day turnarounds.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
NRL 360 touched on 5 day turnarounds this week and actually found it a myth that the Broncos don't get any. This season only the Titans & Warriors have no 5 day turn arounds. The Broncos get 2, which is equal 5th in the competition with Manly getting the most with 4. They also showed a stat that in the last four years we have actually been a club who is in the top 20% in the competition with most 5 day turnarounds.

Did they talk about other turn arounds though? We probably have alot of 7 day turn arounds whereas other clubs only get alot of 6 day turn arounds. Aren't they talking about scrapping 5 day turn arounds next year anyway?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
We've won the last eight home games against the Dragons.

They'll do well to add to their tally of six tries for the season while we'll probably rack up that many in this game alone.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Key issues imo

Kicking game, Hunts in particular
Brain farts when in front
Defence fade out with Kodi and Co on. Hopefully WB has worked it out or is a toughening up plan.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
My only fear against sides like the Dragons is playing them coming off a thrashing. Average sides can often lift after an embarrassment like that and a week of ppl telling they are shit.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah this is a danger game imo, Dragons will be looking to prove they can score points against a good defensive side, we'll need to be on our A game, if we have another Panthers performance we'll get dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Redux
  • Lostboy
  • The True King
  • Browny
  • Broncorob
  • BooKhaki
  • Hoof Hearted
  • mrslong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • ell.d33
  • Morkel
  • marw
  • Harry Sack
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.