Round 6 Discussion

After watching the highlights, Storm should not have been allowed to play on. Dragons should have won that game.

3. If time expires in either half when the ball is out of
play or a player in possession has been tackled and
the ball has not been played the Referee shall
immediately blow his whistle to terminate play. If the
ball is in play when time expires, the Referee shall
terminate play when next the ball goes out of play or
a player in possession is tackled but time shall be
extended to allow a penalty kick or a kick at goal to be
taken in which case the half is terminated when next
the ball goes out of play or a tackle is effected, unless
a further penalty is awarded in which case time is
again extended for the kick to be taken.

The siren went off just before the Storm player played the ball.

Re : the time keeping debate.

I'm pretty sure the onfield refs have the final say as far as that is concerned.

How good was Dugan last night ? Wish we had've signed him :rolleyes:

After watching the highlights, Storm should not have been allowed to play on. Dragons should have won that game.

The siren went off just before the Storm player played the ball.

The ref is the official timekeeper.

Edit:

The NRL have said the ref got it wrong.

Nothing was mentioned that the Warriors v Canterbury game ended 20 secs early.

Last edited:
The ref is the official timekeeper.

Edit:

The NRL have said the ref got it wrong.

Nothing was mentioned that the Warriors v Canterbury game ended 20 secs early.

Yeah, I noticed that. Although, I heard it was 80:00 minutes at the game. Which is why Warriors went for the hail mary play when on the foxsports clock, they had enough time for a few tackles.

I could be wrong, though.

Despite the controversy surrounding this try. It's still one of the best finishes I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty pathetic by Doust and the dragons. I mean I understand it's frustrating but it happens to all teams at some point. In close games there has been plenty of decisions that the ref gets wrong that can lead to a loss, but you put on your big boy pants and move on. Claiming that it could cost them x amount of money if they miss the finals by 2 points is just so ridiculous. If the NRL did this there would be additional sets of 2 points handed out every round.

Doust might want to ask some questions in his own backyard first, like why their star five eight thought it would be a good idea to kick it out half way down the field giving the storm great field position and 50 seconds to win the game.

I wonder if a team has ever been awarded the 2 points after losing because of a bad ref decision..

After the siren AND with a forward pass to finish it... We'd be fuming if it was the Broncos, especially against the cheats!

After the siren AND with a forward pass to finish it... We'd be fuming if it was the Broncos, especially against the cheats!

No doubt we would be fuming, but we and every other team have had things like this happen before. I'm not saying the dragons don't have a right to be upset but saying shit like "it could cost us a finals place". Sorry dousty, but if the dragons miss the 8 by 2 points they didn't get due to a loss in a game they couldn't shut down, we ll mate you don't deserve to be in the finals and would have just been making up the numbers anyway. If Paul White was behaving like Doust is about this I would be fucking embarassed

We already saw what happens when a refereeing blunder costs a team a finals place last year, nothing.

Cowboys didn't deserve to remain in the finals. And here is why. I'll see if anyone else can spot it..

Last edited by a moderator:

We would get screwed over and then Hook would say we will need to work on it and be better next week and it would be done with, kinda like every week.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • ell.d33
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.