Round 6 Discussion

Walker didn't gain an advantage from the play so they took it back to Bromwich's off-side.
Since when can they take back six agains? A few weeks ago Mead dropped the ball as the bell went, still counted as an error against us.

That was a brutal game of footy and it looks like Sydney have paid the price with JWH (shoulder) and Taukeiaho (ribs) picking up injuries. I thought they were pretty brave during the opening stanza. Melbourne were just trying to brute force their way over but time and time again Sydney kept turning them away. They clearly had a plan to work over Walker but Sydney did a good job of protecting their halfback and Walker was able to pick up a lot of scraps.

However just like the Souths clash, Sydney just couldn't get in the game. Their starts are really starting to hurt them and they're just making too many crucial errors down their own end. Their completions to start the game would have been pretty poor and once the second half got underway the gaps started growing which brought the Melbourne playmakers into the game. The tries to Hughes, Grant and Papenhuyzen sum it all up, just all around the ruck where they used the forwards momentum to put the speedsters and playmakers over.

It was a high quality game but Melbourne's ability to churn through their sets and the bonus of having Harry Grant come off the bench was the difference.

It's interesting the Nathan Cleary story broke today and seeing Melbourne's response tonight. I would not be surprised at all if we hear more about the Cameron Munster and Harry Grant incidents.

Since when can they take back six agains? A few weeks ago Mead dropped the ball as the bell went, still counted as an error against us.
Because the infringement occurred during the play before. Looking back at it had Te'o made the error then Brisbane would have received a penalty.

Because the infringement occurred during the play before. Looking back at it had Te'o made the error then Brisbane would have received a penalty.
I thought the infringement was in the play the ball.

If this is the rule, I'd be dropping the ball every time an early set 6-again is called. Take the kick for touch instead of a single extra tackle.

Refshit. New word.

Shot on Munster, 10 in the bin.

Shot on Dearden, not even a peep. Refshit.
Broncos players need to start staying down. Don't care how it looks, need to even out the playing field.

I thought the infringement was in the play the ball.

If this is the rule, I'd be dropping the ball every time an early set 6-again is called. Take the kick for touch instead of a single extra tackle.
It was for 10m.

Broncos players need to start staying down. Don't care how it looks, need to even out the playing field.
Every other bitch team does it ... we're like the only team that doesnt do it.

Sick of us trying to take the 'moral high ground' under this garbage NSWRL administration world where the biggest cheater wins

We avoided the wrestle, we avoided the tactical penalties, we have avoided the dives, we avoid the fake HIA's, we don't jump sideways off the mark to take the markers out of play, we dont come in and start pushing the opposition players off tackles to incite a melee and get a penalty.

All the little bitch teams do the above and sit up the top and get lauded by the media.. Panthers dived like 5 times last night looking for crushers, high shots, late hits whatever... they dont give a shit that them diving for a penalty means old mate misses a week for some bullshit crusher.

NRL is completely fucked and they've lost control of the game... everything brought in is instantly exploited by shit **** coaches that then get praised, because "gamesmanship"

Every other bitch team does it ... we're like the only team that doesnt do it.

Sick of us trying to take the 'moral high ground' under this garbage NSWRL administration world where the biggest cheater wins

We avoided the wrestle, we avoided the tactical penalties, we have avoided the dives, we avoid the fake HIA's, we don't jump sideways off the mark to take the markers out of play, we dont come in and start pushing the opposition players off tackles to incite a melee and get a penalty.

All the little bitch teams do the above and sit up the top and get lauded by the media.. Panthers dived like 5 times last night looking for crushers, high shots, late hits whatever... they dont give a shit that them diving for a penalty means old mate misses a week for some bullshit crusher.

NRL is completely fucked and they've lost control of the game... everything brought in is instantly exploited by shit **** coaches that then get praised, because "gamesmanship"
I agree, i said a few days ago that Penrith are my new most hated team, but its very quickly returned to the Storm because of their blatant exploitation at every possible opportunity.
From the salary cap, to the wrestle, to a half dozen dangerous techniques like the chicken wing and crusher tackles, and now exploiting the HIA.
That team is undoubtedly the worst thing to happen to RL in the history of the game.
I would hate for Bellamy to be a part of the Broncos in any capacity because of this shit him and his organization in Melbourne pull.
They have zero integrity and if there is a situation they can exploit or corrupt, they will do so without hesitation to the fullest extent possible.

**** the Storm and every single person at that cancer of a club.

Storm just don't ever seem to tire, they seem to play with the stamina of a team from the unlimited interchange era.

I mean, seriously, it's been obvious for 2 years now, but after that game, can the NRL and the media continue to turn a blind eye to their HIA rorts?

Their forwards so regularly have to go for HIA's when they are due to be interchanged, but they can't pretend to be taking the "cautious" approach now that we've seen their backs being genuinely concussed and yet they are allowed to remain on the field.

NRL are investigating the Storms decision to leave both Grant and Munster on the field after head knocks

Trent Robinson says

“[Radley] got 10 in the bin ... and then [Munster] comes back on 30 seconds later,” Robinson said.

“It looked like a guy who got knocked out, so should it be 10 in the bin? That’s up to the refs to explain that.”

Andrew Abdo says

“Our CMO will check all the angles and footage and see if there were any markers requiring a mandatory HIA,”

NRL are investigating the Storms decision to leave both Grant and Munster on the field after head knocks

Trent Robinson says

“[Radley] got 10 in the bin ... and then [Munster] comes back on 30 seconds later,” Robinson said.

“It looked like a guy who got knocked out, so should it be 10 in the bin? That’s up to the refs to explain that.”

Andrew Abdo says

“Our CMO will check all the angles and footage and see if there were any markers requiring a mandatory HIA,”
Of course puppet Abdo will investigate since the Roosters mebtioned it.

Munster was off for 23 seconds. He was subbed as a free report interchange for Nelson, then 23 seconds later (and most of those seconds were him waving trying to get an interchange card) Munster goes back on, Welch goes off.

Free prop interchange for what is meant to be an interchange for a potentially injured player due to foul play. And don't even get me started on how the rule can be used to sub a different player when the "injured" player returns.

The fact that Melbourne enacted this substitution so quickly is absolutely disgusting. It means they train to cheat the rules so much, that a rarely used rule like a free interchange for foul play, they exploited immediately like it was muscle memory.

That's not even getting into the HIA doesn't apply to backs, but their forwards always magically having HIA interchanges multiple times per game.

It's fucking disgusting and if this game had any integrity I'd be waking up tomorrow to news Melbourne have been stripped 2 competition points and fined 150k.

Honestly, I think at some point I'm going to be tempted start a website purely to track HIA use by teams. It's a fucking rort. For a competition that's supposed to have competitive integrity, turning a blind eye to the stinking fucking obvious is borderline criminal given the stakes at play.

Papenhuyzen, Munster and Grant should have all had early nights, they all fell to the ground uncontrolled after copping head knocks.

There is absolutely no way Papenhuyzen should have been allowed to play on.

Active Now

• Dash
  • IceWorks
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.