Round 6 Discussion

Lol, even less of an advantage than last night. Inconsistent *****.

200.gif

There you go, the exact same situation as the Walker situation and Cummins rules advantage played. I really need to stop trying to rationalise decisions for the officials.

Great try.

There is absolutely no reason we can't score tries like that with TPJ and Riki on the edges.

Simple but extremely effective.

Simmonson faking that, clearly just decides to have a lie down

If the Titans land Smith, what do we think about Reed Mahoney?

I also wish Turpin would work on his kicking game. Mahoney seems to also pop up with that corner kick at the right time. Same as Hodgson just now.

That was a fantastic team try there by the Eels.

The Raiders just don't have the cattle to work it out of trouble like the Eels do. Niukore in particular has been like a wrecking ball for them.

Good hit back from the Eels. The move to the centres for Niukore has proved a master stroke so far and Isaiah Papali'i has really come of age at the Eels. They were just too good in the arm wrestle and outside of their errors they were far too good. 35-10 is a fair reflection of the game. I like the look of Greig off the bench. It's a shame the Cowboys let him slip through their grasp but after losing Utoikamanu I don't have an issue with the Eels going to market and picking up a giant of their own. He looks very likely which is important because if the Eels have a weakness it's their rotation.

The Raiders look very stale at the moment. They remind of Canterbury under Hasler where they're relying too heavily on their forwards to create instead of moving the opposition around the field. I feel their backline is being exposed at the moment and the likes of Rapana, Croker, Scott and Simonsson aren't doing enough for their team. That right edge in particular was very ordinary all evening and Simonsson just seems too soft for first grade. How many injuries is that for him now? The thing is at this level they all play through some terrible injuries, if you weren't injured you weren't playing hard enough. I thought it was very revealing that his response to that mid-air collision was to stay down.

I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater but the Raiders need to start making alterations to their side. I'd give Simonsson a spell and give somebody else a shot on the end of the backline. They should also abandon the dual hooker bench rotation and bring an extra forward in.

Start with that and over time make a decision on guys like Croker, Scott, Rapana etc. I thought Kris was very unlucky to be dropped when he was. So far he's been one of the Raiders best in 2021. I'd put Hudson Young, Ryan Sutton and Josh Papalii on that list as well with Joseph Tapine thereabouts.

I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater but the Raiders need to start making alterations to their side. I'd give Simonsson a spell and give somebody else a shot on the end of the backline. They should also abandon the dual hooker bench rotation and bring an extra forward in.

Start with that and over time make a decision on guys like Croker, Scott, Rapana etc. I thought Kris was very unlucky to be dropped when he was. So far he's been one of the Raiders best in 2021. I'd put Hudson Young, Ryan Sutton and Josh Papalii on that list as well with Joseph Tapine thereabouts.
Yes. Def get the impression Raiders have missed their window.

But does he hate cash?

I'm sure he doesn't but my theory these days is that clubs are aware how important a top shelf 9 is and how very few of them there are. To get a Mahoney / Grant / Cook, etc you are going to have to spend well over a million I think. Grant is absolutely worth it too and more as he is the best young hooker by a country mile but then, to get one you are going to be competing with the Roosters too and that doesn't bode well, they get whoever they want for whatever they want and the salary cap auditor (ex-employee) will just turn a blind eye.

Unread

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.