Round 6 Historic Match - Broncos vs Sharks

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This week we have selected the 4th Qualifying Final of the 2000 NRL season

The match will be streamed live on Facebook and Youtube at 7:30 pm Friday 17th April 2020

Enjoy!!!

Broncos
Sharks
1. Darren Lockyer
2. Lote Tuqiri
17. Shaun Berrigan
4. Michael De Vere
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Ben Ikin
7. Kevin Walters (c)
12. Brad Thorn
9. Luke Priddis
10. Dane Carlaw
11. Gorden Tallis
3. Tonie Carroll
13. Kevin Campion

14. Shane Walker
15. Ashley Harrison
16. Michael Hancock
8. Harvey Howard
1. David Peachey (c)
2. Mat Rogers
5. Colin Best
4. Russell Richardson
17. Brett Howland
6. Adam Dykes
7. Jason Ferris
8. Jason Stevens
9. Shannon Donato
10. Martin Lang
11. Nathan Long
12. Chris McKenna
13. Nick Graham

14. Chris Beattie
15. Andrew Pierce
18. Paul Mellor
19. Dean Treister
Coach: Wayne BennettCoach: John Lang
Officials: Paul SimpkinsVenue: ANZ Stadium (Brisbane)

Love the 2000-01 Jersey, it's my personal favourite with '88 a close second.

Stevens to Peachey, what an offload!

De Vere did well to clean that up, the Sharks backs weren't slouches.

I hate those moments as a fan where you go close down one on several occasions only for the opposition to score one of those lucky dip tries.

It was well said up there from Dykes, didn't give Lote any time to prepare himself and Rogers' chase was great.

Then they go back to back.

Vintage Peachey, almost Lockyer like where he decides to run it on the last and he just tears right through to put Dykes away close to the line.

Brisbane caught waiting for the kick and this game all of a sudden got interesting.

Jesus two amazing try savers back to back from Peachey and Mellor.

It's been a while since there was a good ref like Simpkins

Priddis did an excellent job of getting Tallis onto the ball and into space.

Finally broke through them, the Sharks defence has been the major difference so far.

This was nearly as bad as the 2018 Dragons final.

I have no idea why Sailor flew in off his wing and Ikin's attempt in cover was woeful.

All three of those tries were ordinary from the Broncos, they just let the Sharks run roughshod. It makes you wonder how bad the score would have been if they had barely completed above 50%.

Dream start to the second half, goal line drop out from the kick off and then Thorn pole-axes a few Sharks defenders. Priddis once again draws the defence and puts Tallis over on the burst.

We talk about how Lazarus never seems to rate a mention alongside Webcke and Civoniceiva, but Brad Thorn was every bit as important as those two. He's been the Broncos best this second half and has been causing Cronulla all sorts around the ruck. Another try off of his hard work and the Broncos are on top everywhere but the scoreboard.

Hahaha, oh wow. That is one of the classic blown tries right there.

Slightly off topic I guess, but another great Broncos/Sharks game I was thinking off was from 2006 where we had a bunch of players on Origin duty, and Shane Perry was pretty much MOTM, with Thorn not too far behind.

Tuqiri really stepped up in the second half. The Broncos struggled to get him involved in the first half, but since they were able to go set to set, they were able to take advantage of their kick returns and put him into space.

Berrigan running against the grain could always spot a gap.

Ah, now that was a great comeback.

After watching those Tallis tries I feel the need to look up some David Fifita highlights.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • bazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.