# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Not sure if this got posted.

xXf8TCM.jpg

Onya Captain.
Have a look at carrigan, hands on knees ??
Was this the try from wightons header, if so what else would you have done?

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
No I won’t. He doesn’t have any runs on the board to be afforded any leniency. People carry on like we were a basket case under Bennett yet we averaged 16 wins a season. This team should not be 1-5.
Well you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Averaging 16 games a season is fine but if you don't win the premiership then what's the point? This clearly wasn't happening under Bennett.

It's also Round 6 and we've had a tough run so who knows, we could turn it around quite easily at which point you'll likely stop your tantrum and will be nothing more than a baby in a broncos jersey.

Matheos

Matheos

NYC Player
Apr 4, 2014
We were never a top 4 proposition. We were always a possible 5-8 or 9-11 squad (especially after getting rid of Kahu and Josh).

Kahu would only be a starter at about 4 or 5 sides and he landed at one. Also McGuire has been on a slow decline for the past 18 months and we were all commending the club in the pre season for smartly releasing them and freeing up cap space for our emerging guys.

Truth is the players who have taken their spots are better.... so we can’t have it both ways now as an excuse for why we’re struggling.

9/10 i would make the same move.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Have a look at carrigan, hands on knees ??
Was this the try from wightons header, if so what else would you have done?

Stop throwing my arms in the air, act like a captain, take the blame, get angry at yourself, at your team. Don't just throw your hands in the air.

johnyE

johnyE

NYC Player
Aug 17, 2015
Great post but unfortunately, most people on here just don't understand and they accept mediocrity, so they'll attack you, laugh at you, telling you to calm down, that you're not a real fan and this team is doing good things and they are improving etc.

It's an absolute joke. We are a deadset laughing stock and a disgrace. We are hopeless and I've been a fan for over 20 years so I've seen our best and our worst, I have invested my time and energy into the team and the club so I have every fucking right to state my opinion and what I see. This team in 2019 is pretty much the worst since Henjak. Fucking atrocious. It's there for all to see so I don't have to state exactly what the issues are but overall, we are simply a bad rugby league team.
Absolutely right Dee , we're chasing the wooden spoon,and frankly at this level of effort I honestly think we may not win another game this year. I listened to Siebold after the Game and couldn't believe the nonsence he was saying . The attitude of these players seems to be .. ,well if I turn up i'll get paid . This is a team of young guys who need an absolute rocket up ALL their arses , I think including the coach. Mediocrity is NOT the standard FFS . WTF is going on here , Milford can't tackle or doesn't want to ,there's hardly any running game in the back line , Here you take it and have a run and i'll go next and then we can give it someone else ,probably one of the backs ,to give us a breather. !! Oh and then Milford can punt it and say a Hail Mary. I think the effort under Henjack might have been better! This team is directionless ,and uninterested which is an attitude and leadership issue .Training must be a joke , or a fun part of their week ,because game day they seem so underprepared. I was thinking this year would be the turnaround? WTF was I thinking, we're done for 2019 .Yes a sorry arse critical analysis is all you can say.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Stop throwing my arms in the air, act like a captain, take the blame, get angry at yourself, at your team. Don't just throw your hands in the air.

When someone kicks a ball has it riqoche off his head and someone picks it up (in an offside position) and scores. Faarrk!! Most people would throw their hands in the air. **** me Cameron Smith does it flat , but that's ok right.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
When someone kicks a ball has it riqoche off his head and someone picks it up (in an offside position) and scores. Faarrk!! Most people would throw their hands in the air. **** me Cameron Smith does it flat , but that's ok right.

His hands were in the air well before a try was scored. Play the whistle, most people learn that one in under 7's.

What about when Wighton dropped the ball on his knee, should that not have been play on and try?

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
We were one win outside the top 4 last year and we signed the newly awarded coach of the year. We should be in it up to our eyeballs
Nonsense.
The last game of our season put paid to that.

TonyTheJugoslav

TonyTheJugoslav

QCup Player
Nov 15, 2014
Yes run towards the fucking play please, we all know it would be fucking miracle if got anywhere near it but lead by example and make an effort mate. The first try was the same (no arm waving) but he was jogging looking at the play...no urgency, no hunger... Our attitude sucks balls.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
His hands were in the air well before a try was scored. Play the whistle, most people learn that one in under 7's.

What about when Wighton dropped the ball on his knee, should that not have been play on and try?

Don't remember that one ?

H

hench2020

NYC Player
Apr 22, 2019
"Bennett has lost it. This squad is too talented to bow out in the first week of the finals"

3 months later

"These young forwards are the most talented crop in the club's history plus we get Gillett back."

Yesterday

"Poor Seibold having to work with this squad that Bennett left him."

:rofl

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Don't remember that one ?

Sorry the second part of my post was an open question to anyone, and not a criticism of Boyd. Should have made that clear.

7:48

Last edited:
TonyTheJugoslav

TonyTheJugoslav

QCup Player
Nov 15, 2014
Sorry the second part of my post was an open question to anyone, and not a criticism of Boyd. Should have made that clear.

I thought that ball bounced off his hands forward and then he kicked it.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

He dropped it onto his knee I think. Worst one was haas's miss on Whitehead , but fingers get pointed at all the same players.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I do think the coaching has been poor. Some very questionable use of the bench etc. and also not changing the spine when it really does need it.

But if you have a look at our team, we have some of the best juniors all signed.

I mean imagine this.

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Sua
13. TPJ
BENCH: Carrigan, Flegler, Tannah Boyd, Offa

That team could be bloody exceptional in 5 years when majority will be 24-28 years old. Will we still have those players? **** no. Because they will all be on bigger money somewhere else by then.

Will we ever see that team play together? Maybe something similar-ish in 2-3 years, but at the end of that season, a co uple will be gone.

Are you suggesting pick guys who you've never seen play just so they don't leave just incase they are good?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Absolutely right Dee , we're chasing the wooden spoon,and frankly at this level of effort I honestly think we may not win another game this year. I listened to Siebold after the Game and couldn't believe the nonsence he was saying . The attitude of these players seems to be .. ,well if I turn up i'll get paid . This is a team of young guys who need an absolute rocket up ALL their arses , I think including the coach. Mediocrity is NOT the standard FFS . WTF is going on here , Milford can't tackle or doesn't want to ,there's hardly any running game in the back line , Here you take it and have a run and i'll go next and then we can give it someone else ,probably one of the backs ,to give us a breather. !! Oh and then Milford can punt it and say a Hail Mary. I think the effort under Henjack might have been better! This team is directionless ,and uninterested which is an attitude and leadership issue .Training must be a joke , or a fun part of their week ,because game day they seem so underprepared. I was thinking this year would be the turnaround? WTF was I thinking, we're done for 2019 .Yes a sorry arse critical analysis is all you can say.
The only thing I can agree with in this post is the part concerning Milford.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Are you suggesting pick guys who you've never seen play just so they don't leave just incase they are good?
I don't know how you would think what I said suggests that at all lol. I'm saying their tactics of signing youth and no experience is an issue because we will never see these talented young players play together.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
"Bennett has lost it. This squad is too talented to bow out in the first week of the finals"

3 months later

"These young forwards are the most talented crop in the club's history plus we get Gillett back."

Yesterday

"Poor Seibold having to work with this squad that Bennett left him."

:rofl

It really is laughable

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  • Battler
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.