Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Great post but unfortunately, most people on here just don't understand and they accept mediocrity, so they'll attack you, laugh at you, telling you to calm down, that you're not a real fan and this team is doing good things and they are improving etc.

It's an absolute joke. We are a deadset laughing stock and a disgrace. We are hopeless and I've been a fan for over 20 years so I've seen our best and our worst, I have invested my time and energy into the team and the club so I have every fucking right to state my opinion and what I see. This team in 2019 is pretty much the worst since Henjak. Fucking atrocious. It's there for all to see so I don't have to state exactly what the issues are but overall, we are simply a bad rugby league team.

Yep, your opinion does not matter but theirs.
Who gives them the right to tell us fans what the we wanna say.
Bennett did wonders with this team, we beat all top 8 except the Storm last year. What's our friggin excuse this year?
We are on par with Knights and Bulldogs in playing ability the way we are going.

I honestly think having a kid ruined him... Some players step up after having a child, others don't This year Nikorima, Oates, Milford and Isaako all have relative newborns. No coincidence that they are all underperforming. Lack of sleep etc i imagine.

More often than not it will bring the realisation that there's more to life than just footy. Self-preservation comes naturally when you know there's someone else out there you need to look after, and it can get into athletes minds subconsciously.

Can't really blame them to be honest, I wouldn't want to be concussed continuously or incapacitied to the extent of not being able to care for my child and family.

I've gotta say, the biggest disappointment so far this season hasn't been Boyd, or McCullough, or Milford.. It's Isaako.

Wtf happened to him? He was so confident and absolutely lethal last year, incredible footwork, fearless under the high ball, etc. This year he is quite literally playing like a Maranta who can kick goals, as @Cult3 called him last season, potentially correctly..

His confidence broke when new coach Seibold assured Boyd at season start that he would be fullback and captain till he was 40.

Breaking News: Boyd to sign 5 year extension while Isaako seeks release to Titans to replace retiring Gordon.

.....a lot of halves miss tackles too. From memory of the game, Boyd had the best chance of stopping the runner after a bad Milford miss. Boyd's effort was piss weak.
Yes, memory. Not facts of course. Boyd was trampled but he put his body on the line. The only reason he had to was the appaling effort of Milford who had the easiest shot in the world and didn't require huge size to accomplish it.

Not at all. The ball I'm talking about was a kick by their 5/8 Milf was no where near it.
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr. From memory you commented that the Raiders scored off the next play or perhaps set and that's what I referred to when I said the try was not Boyd's fault. It was Milford who failed badly.

Not sure why Darrius never made a play to keep the ball in instead of pushing it out in the first half. If he caught it he had a chance of staying in. If he was pushed it it would have been the same result, but he just showed no heart or urgency to have a go. From that set they scored and then scored again 90 seconds later.
Like I said, the tries were down to the pathetic work of the non tackling weak link in the team, Milford. You're trying to blame Boyd for the tries because he knocked a ball in to touch instead of getting smashed and still going in to touch. Wrong.

Like I said, the tries were down to the pathetic work of the non tackling weak link in the team, Milford. You're trying to blame Boyd for the tries because he knocked a ball in to touch instead of getting smashed and still going in to touch. Wrong.

All their tries were down to the whole side fucking up with defence, structures, attitude and technique, and yes, Milf was bad but he wasn't alone - not fair to blame him for BJL's tries where there were 4 Broncos available to shut him down.

My one major criticism of Seibold is his slowness to get tackling effectiveness up to scratch. It's a fundamental skill and there are no excuses for the pathetic tackling we showed to day.

Last edited:
All their tries were down to the whole side fucking up with defence, structures, attitude and technique, and yes, Milf was bad but he wasn't alone - not fair to blame him for BJL's tries where there were 4 Broncos available to shut him down.
I'm not going to cop bullshit though like blaming the tries on Boyd. I've been saying it for year after year, Milford won't go low, won't get in front, is a liability and is responsible for HIS MISSES and they directly led to tries. That one where Bird came across first, **** me Milford could have made the tackle without the try scorer even knowing who tackled him.

Instead he tried to tackle up high and got brushed away like a piece of lint...exactly the same way he has been brushed literally dozens and dozens times. Naturally they're not all tries, most often it's near halfway and the offense break through. He is pissweak and uncommitted. I'd have him in reserves until he showed he wants first grade again. Nobody will drop him though because of the fallout that comes with his million dollar salary and use in ISC.

I'm not going to cop bullshit though like blaming the tries on Boyd. I've been saying it for year after year, Milford won't go low, won't get in front, is a liability and is responsible for HIS MISSES and they directly led to tries. That one where Bird came across first, **** me Milford could have made the tackle without the try scorer even knowing who tackled him.

Instead he tried to tackle up high and got brushed away like a piece of lint...exactly the same way he has been brushed literally dozens and dozens times. Naturally they're not all tries, most often it's near halfway and the offense break through. He is pissweak and uncommitted. I'd have him in reserves until he showed he wants first grade again. Nobody will drop him though because of the fallout that comes with his million dollar salary and use in ISC.

Milford was bad but ****, there were 4 Broncos around BJL and whitehead and they collectively let the tries in. Not just Boyd or Milf. It was down to the 4 tacklers who screwed up

Milford was bad but ****, there were 4 Broncos around BJL and whitehead and they collectively let the tries in. Not just Boyd or Milf. It was down to the 4 tacklers who screwed up
That maybe so but Bird had a red hot go and Boyd put his body on the line, Milford did neither so I think he is largely at fault. He had it easiest and made an atrocious attempt where his ineptitude was only exceeded by his lack of commitment. An absolute waste of money at this time and I hope to see him moved on. Knik hasn't set the world alight but **** me, he's made Milford look ordinary.

It seems that most posters on here are just as confused as the coach probably is on how to fix a fundamentally broken roster. If the so called cancer in the side is the spine yet the main underlying issue with the squad is lack of experience, fixing one issue will only exacerbate the other. Our only experienced players are the spine plus back rowers, if we replace any of them with more rookies, we will have almost no collective nrl experience and be in an even worse position. We can't recruit more experience because our current squad is close to maxing out our cap which we had to do to keep poachers at bay. We just have to weather the storm until either our current oldies retire and we can use their coin to buy more experience, or till our juniors are older. It's times like this we need to look to aging journeyman as wb used to do (e.g. Blair type players). Don't expect miracles from the coach as there's **** all he can do right now other than keep working on handling, tackling and positional awareness.

He has been calling seibold a hack since last year. It’s the only thing he talks about actually. If Milford knocks on, it’s seibold fault. If tpj misses a game because his grandma died, it’s seibolds fault.

Bit like your pal "more pudding" I'm sure he thinks boyd is the cause for global warming.

Boyd was trampled but he put his body on the line.

What about when C Smith was trampled by that giant winger from the dogs when he ran over the top of him a couple of weeks ago, ran full stick at the Melb fullback and the Melb fullback buried him.
No need to Wonder how Darius would have coped with that.

As I said Boyd could have played at the ball and attempted to stay in, he had nothing to lose. Don't give me the excuse he was avoiding getting smashed. That's what he's paid the bucks for and plays like that are what leaders do to inspire his team. You know - that old - lead by deed not byword. Or in capt peaheart's case by- waving your arms. His soft option did lead to a try the very next play. Milf's miss was just as regrettable I agree, but Boyd's failure to have a dig was the Cause, Milf's arm grab is the symptom. Like it or not Boyd did the wrong thing by the team and set avery poor example for the young ones.

You have predicted nothing. We string a few wins together and you’ll have proven what a fool you are. Do we look good atm? No of course not.

Our defence improves and our ball handling gets fixed up and suddenly we are winning games we are currently losing. Your ‘predictions’ are nothing more than rants of an impatient fan who is confusing opinion with facts...

Our worst ever start with a squad predicted by most to be a top 4 team does back up my position

Who was it that asked to be banned for 30 days if the boys lost yesterday? Have you locked out his account Nashy?

Feel for the guy. We did play better and were duded by a few calls. We should have been playing 12 men for the last ten minutes or so too. I think Isaako will be warned that if his right foot leaves the touch line for any reason he is in Qcup, and Milf will be told to tackle legs only. At home in the kitchen it's chair legs only on the field it's attckers legs only.

I do think the coaching has been poor. Some very questionable use of the bench etc. and also not changing the spine when it really does need it.

But if you have a look at our team, we have some of the best juniors all signed.

I mean imagine this.

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Sua
13. TPJ
BENCH: Carrigan, Flegler, Tannah Boyd, Offa

That team could be bloody exceptional in 5 years when majority will be 24-28 years old. Will we still have those players? **** no. Because they will all be on bigger money somewhere else by then.

Will we ever see that team play together? Maybe something similar-ish in 2-3 years, but at the end of that season, a co uple will be gone.
Paix has played one game at 9 and did nothing, he has played 7 all his life and hates playing 9

Our worst ever start with a squad predicted by most to be a top 4 team does back up my position
Hahaha predicted top 4 by who? The media? Why do you think they write so many articles about the broncos and talk them up every year, IT SELLS PAPERS! I predicted that Wayne Bennett would have a much better year this year with souths then seibold did we us. Why? Because he was left a better roster with much more experience.

I'm being serious here, I actually think you'd be happier supporting souths. It sounds like you're having real internal conflicts every game. Secretly cheering every time broncos lose so it would somehow feel like validation. You're having real trouble with objectivity.

I noticed you haven't answered me about the broncos 1988-1991? Are you going to allow seibold that amount of time or are you saying Bennett should have been sacked back then?

Active Now

• marw
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.