Round 6 - Roosters vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironbroncos said:
they seem to up the ante on us and try to bash us early

+1, so many massive players in their team.

I think everyone will be saying were due for a loss, 5 in a row is tough but our attack cant stay as is for much longer.

It's hard to see how good our defence really is, until we actually play some decent sides. Seriously, other than the Cows in Rd1, the rest have all been a joke.

I'd start Te'o in the back row for this one. As has been mentioned, the Roosters have the forwards that will try to bash us out of it so I think we will need Te'o's aggressiveness from the start to try and rattle them a bit. Hoffman due back and I think Anderson as well?

1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Te'o
13. Parker
-----------------------
14. Gillett
15. McGuire
16. Anderson
17. Carlaw/Tronc/Dodds/Not Kenny

Anderson seemed pretty fit and well when I saw him and Josh McGuire walk by me last night.

Jeba said:
17. Carlaw/Tronc/Dodds/Not Kenny

[icon_lol1.

I used to be one of Kenny's biggest fans but he just doesn't look to have it in him anymore. He just gets smashed everytime he takes it up and hardly ever bends the line. It's a shame because of the promise he showed.

But I will give him a wrap for that try saving tackle in the second half. It was a beauty.

im not a fan of doing this usually but i so strongly want this team to run out....

1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire/Anderson
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Teo
16. McGuire/Anderson
17. Dodds

I'd go as far to say as the Roosters will do their utmost to avoid bashing us. They've shown a dislike for a physical contest for the best part of a year now. Any team that really takes it to them in the middle has had a lot of success. They were really found wanting during very physical games against the Warriors and Manly.

I think we'll go well against them.

Alec said:
It's hard to see how good our defence really is, until we actually play some decent sides. Seriously, other than the Cows in Rd1, the rest have all been a joke.
The only reason the Knights looked crap was because we made them look crap. We put pressure on Kids and Mullen all night and they fell apart. They are a decent side.

To say we are playing rubbish sides is...rubbish.

Hope we win against the Roosters. Reckon I'm gonna get confused and think it's Hot Cross Bun time.

Funny isn't it. Leading upto the game it was "finally the Broncos are playing a decent side so we can see what they're really made of" and after the game it's "the Broncos still havent played a decent side"

This is, I suppose, a danger game.
I guess alot of people think we are due for a loss. The only people who have any say about that are the Broncos players.

It will be tough. It will be close. We should win, but anything is possible on game day/night. I think Griffin has got us mentally up, he'll do his job again this week.
I don't care how we win, I just want us to win. No injuries too. PLEASE, no more injuries.

I'm not often cocky, but I think we'll do this by 13+

I'll be loading up from a punting, not a fans perspective.

Same side named.
WTF is Norman doing on the bench???

Big_Dave said:
Same side named.

Probably to sit there during the start of the game with an expectation to be brought on at some stage during the 80 minutes.

Coxy said:
Big_Dave said:
Same side named.

Probably to sit there during the start of the game with an expectation to be brought on at some stage during the 80 minutes.

Lets hop he sits on the bench for the full 80.
He's a dud.

draggx said:
Need more McGuire!

Damn straight can't believe he was dropped for Kenny or Carlaw. Must be more to it. [icon_shru

he scored 0 points in props pentathlon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • jarro65
  • Tim K
  • broncos4life
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Spooky1013
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.