Round 6 - Roosters vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
I'm not quite understanding Griffith selection policy atm.
He picks Norman so he can fill in at fullback to shift Beale to hooker.
Both suck donkey balls in these positions.
He had a great opportunity to blood Baptiste while Hunt was out.
You would think Griffith would have some clue how good Baptiste is and how shit Norman would be at fullback considering he coached them in the under 20s.

If he was planning to play a fullback off the bench, why didn't he just pick Gagai on the bench?
He was far away the best fullback last year in the under 20s.
I'm not quite following his selections...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Neither, that was a dumb move by Griffin and nearly cost us the game.

Baptiste is well overdue a jersey, he should have played last year.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Porthoz said:
Jeba said:
He's only just turned 20, he'll get his chance.
As opposed to Norman who is... Oh wait! [eusa_doh

I realise that, but Norman, like Hunt, has been tipped as a possible replacement for Lockyer next year. They'd be pretty keen to see what he's made of while they have the opportunity, instead of bringing in Baptiste who has a couple in front of him at the moment.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I heard that Kempy is getting a run instead of Norman, look for the official team selection soon with Kempy's name in it.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
tkday said:
I heard that Kempy is getting a run instead of Norman, look for the official team selection soon with Kempy's name in it.

You mean the team that was officially named yesterday and looks exactly the same as the one picked last week?

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
That was just a roll over, they are still figuring it out.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
tkday said:
That was just a roll over, they are still figuring it out.

It'll be the team that appears in all the programmes though. The "official" team won't really be named until Friday or Saturday.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I think you'll find Griffin is taking a bit of a horses for courses selection policy, much like Ewen McKenzie with the Reds. Help foster squad depth whilst putting the best team on the park for each specific game.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Jeba said:
Porthoz said:
Jeba said:
He's only just turned 20, he'll get his chance.
As opposed to Norman who is... Oh wait! [eusa_doh

I realise that, but Norman, like Hunt, has been tipped as a possible replacement for Lockyer next year. They'd be pretty keen to see what he's made of while they have the opportunity, instead of bringing in Baptiste who has a couple in front of him at the moment.
Yes, I get your point, but playing him 10 or 15 mins at FB won't tell us much and as pointed out earlier, it's the consequences of playing Beale at hooker that worry me most...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep. I don't really see the point of giving Norman 15-20 minutes a game. He's not really a "utility", and Beale isn't bulky enough to fill a forward role, even hooker.

Would've actually preferred Griffin to put Norman to halfback and Wallace to hooker.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Coxy said:
Yep. I don't really see the point of giving Norman 15-20 minutes a game. He's not really a "utility", and Beale isn't bulky enough to fill a forward role, even hooker.

Would've actually preferred Griffin to put Norman to halfback and Wallace to hooker.
Yes, that would be the better option if we really want to see what Norman is made of... Or Locky to HB and Norman to 5/8 with Wallace at hooker.
Although I frankly have no confidence in Norman's ticker, because he does have talent.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
tkday said:
Could be true he was not named for wynnum.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Interesting. I was just down at Broncos training and Kemp was playing at hooker eusa_think

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Don't play games with my heart coxy

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Return of the Kemp... this excites me greatly.

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
as big kev used to say... I'M EXCITED!!!!!

yay go kempy!!! let see all the jizz on the forum if hes named lol

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Cooper Vuna says no to Kemp being in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Alec
  • Santa
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Spooky1013
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.