Round 6 - Roosters vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Big Pete said:
uji said:
All User did was ask a question...

I saw it as a deflection to avoid giving credit where credit was due. Not that I hold anything against user.
Eh, not really. He had a good game. Also did well to beat SKD to the ball after Beale let it go.
However, his main point of criticism has been under the kicks. Particularly contesting cross field kicks, and I don't think they kicked any to him. And that is what I questioned.
I wouldn't have him in the full strength team.

user_nat said:
[quote="Big Pete":3ssqkpkb]
uji said:

I saw it as a deflection to avoid giving credit where credit was due. Not that I hold anything against user.
Eh, not really. He had a good game. Also did well to beat SKD to the ball after Beale let it go.
However, his main point of criticism has been under the kicks. Particularly contesting cross field kicks, and I don't think they kicked any to him. And that is what I questioned.
I wouldn't have him in the full strength team.[/quote:3ssqkpkb]

I remember one where only Copely contested the ball actually, he played well last night and will have gain alot of confidence from it.

Obviously Copley's future lies in the centres but having this experience on the wing will help him in the long run.

Copley wouldn't make my best potential line up either - I would have Gagai before him who I believe has a better understanding of wing play than Copley. With that said, I'd have him before Beale who's shown himself as nothing but a liability on the wing. Sure, Copley lost a few challenges on the wing but Beale has just been a pure liability out there. Firstly against the Cowboys back in Round 1 2010 and again against the Titans in Round 3 2011.

Didn't think beale was quite that bad on the wing.

To be fair I've only seen him play there twice (maybe three times if he played there against the Warriors in Round 3 2010...but I don't want to remember that game) and he only ever made negative contributions.

He certainly wasn't good anyhow. Will be interesting to see the team when hoffman is back. Tough to drop beale or.copley tbh. Beale could be bench utility.

Beale will likely be shifted to wing where he and Reed will alternate.

Hunt will likely be the preferred utility.

I thought us by 13+ was one of the bets of the year when the market first opened. Sadly I was scared off by the rain and just had a real good go at us on the nose and in a multi with the Sharkies who have a +8.5 start on the line. Get on people.

Realistically I don't think this game will tell us much. The Roosters have a huge grand final hangover. Good to be winning though, the confidence we'll be getting out of this run is priceless.

Big Pete said:
Beale will likely be shifted to wing where he and Reed will alternate.

Hunt will likely be the preferred utility.

True but I'd prefer Hunt playing QLD cup to show us he is ready to be starting half next year

What a brilliant game. We really used the wind to help us too, which was something the Roosters didn't do. Did anyone tell them it was raining.

We controlled the match from the kick-off, and I think this is the first Broncos game in a long time where I felt we were going to win right from the get go. I never had any doubt during the match.

Copley showed some skill today. That reaction speed to stop a Roosters try was great for a young bloke. And Reed just further cemented his position in the team.

I still don't care what everyone else says. Hoffman shouldn't be given a free ticket back into a team that is working really well with Beale at fullback.

Nashy said:
I still don't care what everyone else says. Hoffman shouldn't be given a free ticket back into a team that is working really well with Beale at fullback.

+1

I wouldn't complain much if Hoffman was given a free ticket as he has done the job and done it well for us, but at the same time Beale is doing the job and doing it well and deserves a chance to make the fullback spot his own.

Hoffman to Qcup to work on some play making skills maybe?

Damn Brisbane are blessed with fullbacks at the moment.

I know Beale's going great at fullback, but I'd still want Hoffman back.

draggx said:
user_nat said:
[quote="Big Pete":143kvyso]
uji said:

I wouldn't have him in the full strength team.

I remember one where only Copely contested the ball actually, he played well last night and will have gain alot of confidence from it.[/quote:143kvyso]

I can recall two at least. One where he competed and the Roosters' player knocked on in the contest. A second where Copley took it cleanly.

I missed Noddy's injury report on Gillette, what was the news on him?

According to Locky might miss this week at worst. Ongoing foot injury

My memory is hazy but Alex Glenn was awesome to the power of win last night.

Great win from the boys. Lockyer showed his class and won us the match on his boot. Good consistent performance all around the park.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.