POST GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

I entirely get what you’re saying and I’m not saying you’re wrong because you aren’t.

But sometimes people deserve a punch in the mouth.

also from a observation point of view the dogs fan has his jersey tucked in and was of Vietnam War age, could definitely have been a vet. Speculation (of course)
Alright. Emotions are hard to keep in check. Especially when it's something close to home and at a tribalistic event like the footy.

I just don't think it's acceptable to say it was a good thing to happen, because it could have ended up a lot worse. And the question for me is; for what? A few idiotic blatherings at a stupid time?

It isn't like I don't think people should cop one on the chin, or haven't considered or even done similar shit, but I do regret that stance and I don't want it normalised nor made to be seen as appropriate for any young bloke at the footy, regardless of the circumstances.

The only time I might forgive it, is if he were assaulting someone physically himself, and then I would even prefer subdue, rather than bash.

Sorry, but it's just not a good idea to normalise punching someone for doing something disagreeable. We have police, security and laws for this, and if we're at the stage where society is producing that behaviour, well...

Haas needs to be passing the ball at the line more often. It will make his running game way more effective, keeping the opposition defence in two minds about what he's going to do.

Also wouldn't hurt if he could develop a more consistent offload as well.
I think he just needs to learn to find the ground faster if he doesn't make the break. An offload or a pass can come later. Right now, even with metres gained he allows for the defensive line to reset. He is capable of busts, but he's constantly picking out the other props for his runs. His stats are impressive, but they aren't helping us as much as a fast PTB or a second phase play.

I think he just needs to learn to find the ground faster if he doesn't make the break. An offload or a pass can come later. Right now, even with metres gained he allows for the defensive line to reset. He is capable of busts, but he's constantly picking out the other props for his runs. His stats are impressive, but they aren't helping us as much as a fast PTB or a second phase play.
Not sure if it's a coincidence or not but 4 of our tries tonight came off a Rhys Kennedy play the ball, I know one for certain was a quick play the ball.

Alright. Emotions are hard to keep in check. Especially when it's something close to home and at a tribalistic event like the footy.

I just don't think it's acceptable to say it was a good thing to happen, because it could have ended up a lot worse. And the question for me is; for what? A few idiotic blatherings at a stupid time?

It isn't like I don't think people should cop one on the chin, or haven't considered or even done similar shit, but I do regret that stance and I don't want it normalised nor made to be seen as appropriate for any young bloke at the footy, regardless of the circumstances.

The only time I might forgive it, is if he were assaulting someone physically himself, and then I would even prefer subdue, rather than bash.

Sorry, but it's just not a good idea to normalise punching someone for doing something disagreeable. We have police, security and laws for this, and if we're at the stage where society is producing that behaviour, well...
Agreed, but I’m not normalising something trivial here.

To me it’s not trivial/disagreeable.
Massive Sacrifices were made when it comes to this matter and there is no argument when it comes to that.

well there are still a lot of (secret) germans hiding away still salty about it but they don’t count.
Agreed, I think @1910 mentioned this the other week, him and carrigan fight for every inch , however admirable it is, it doesn’t help us catching the defensive line sleeping. Sacrificing 1 metre for the sake of a quick play the ball is the way to go.

I just word dumped, I thought I’d already replied to the other convo, my bad.

On first impressions we were good for most of the game. We did have a poor patch from about 10 mins into the first half until the 30 min mark but after that we went okay. I don’t know what happened to Jensen but he only played bench minutes. I thought he was okay?. Haas was again strong with only minor criticisms.

I didn't see anything from Walters worth comment.
Where we DID improve is with our 11, 12, 13 who all decided they'd chip in with metres and tackles. Nice to have them back.

Flegler didn't impress and you'd think he'd be pushing Haas out of the way because he owes us but he didn't get involved ( only watched once so might be harsh)

TMM, new guy, right man for the job. Long as you want it son. Good game and a source of points later on in the season. Paix was good, Farny and Staggs didn't get a lot of chances but were reliable. Gamble was, mmm a mixed bag. Made some good tackles but missed plenty too. Cobbo and Oates, both good, great at times.

Palasia was strong along with Kennedy. Probably his best game for us and aside from metres made and tackles completed he played a big part in getting the defence backpedalling which ultimately conceded points.

Reno was average.......for a god.

Agreed, but I’m not normalising something trivial here.

To me it’s not trivial/disagreeable.
Massive Sacrifices were made when it comes to this matter and there is no argument when it comes to that.

well there are still a lot of (secret) germans hiding away still salty about it but they don’t count.

Agreed, I think @1910 mentioned this the other week, him and carrigan fight for every inch , however admirable it is, it doesn’t help us catching the defensive line sleeping. Sacrificing 1 metre for the sake of a quick play the ball is the way to go.

I just word dumped, I thought I’d already replied to the other convo, my bad.
43j60g

I like the humble Kennedy mention @Huge you must have gotten spammed hard when you logged in due to all the live game thread @s lol. Kennedy deserves wraps for tonight. That was a good performance.

You can tell Reynolds and Capewell are frustrated
You reckon Capewell is as frustrated as the Broncos fans that he is worth a ruck penaltie late in tackle counts per game ?
Listen to what the ref is fcking telling you Kurt !

WHY ?

Just on the refereeing. I went back and had a look at the offside call against us in the 65th minute because watching live I couldn't work out who he called offside..
The 3 chasers on Reynolds right side were all on side. I'm pretty sure the touchie called it. Cobbo made the tackle and was about a metre, maybe 2 metres behind Reynolds. We had one forward on the other side in an offside position but he doesn't go within 10 metres, not close even.
I guess we'll just chalk it up to another even up penalty or some shit. F*ck it's annoying when we get shafted as we are gaining momentum!

Jensen didn't play long. Did he pick up an injury?

I thought he was solid when he was on the field so if he was hooked, I don't see why.
Surely that’s the only explanation right? Someone suggested he got hooked for a knock on which would be unfair

Well from where I was sitting, the first 50 mins looked like the Doggies were covered in baby oil. Anyone that stepped, broke the line.

Reyno was barely saying anything to the team. He is the captain! I know he bailed us out in the end but he needs to motivate and talk.

I'm glad we won but bloody hell we are farrrr from a real top 8 team. Our defence is an absolute mess. Broncos used to be one of the tightest defense lines in the game.

Is it Kevvies lack of experience?
Is it the youth?
Is it the captain?

Something is still broken. The team "on paper" should play the whole 80mins and look dangerous. Instead all I can hear in the stands is "don't drop" "hold the ball" "Nooooo!" "Whyyyyyy??" "Come ooooooon" "What the hell are you doing" "they are all bunched up" " this is high school footy".

The opposition are constantly talking to each other, motivating each other, revving each other up. Our players are just standing around hoping someone else will do something.

I'm glad we won, I am. If I was an opposing team I would look at that video and see a ton of opportunities to exploit our defence.

Long way to go yet. Just my opinion.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dexter
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Skathen
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.