PRE-GAME [Round 7, 2024] Broncos vs Raiders

Ezra.....taking more control. I'm yet to see it.....and there's been a few games now without Reyno, that he could/should have,
but didn't.

While Reynolds is out.......

7. Ezra
6. Walsh
1. Sailor

Could be pretty sexy.......but, I'm not sure Ezra can?

I think Walsh could easily make the switch. His defence in the front line, could be an issue.
Not sure I would want Walsh defending in the line TBH, I think that makes him more a target for the opposition and also takes away his ability to float around the field and inject himself when he best feels he can do so.

As for Sailor I think it's fullback or running 5/8th. Haven't seen anything to suggest he is a primary playmaker and what about his kicking game? Don't think his suitable at halfback.

Are haas or piakura a chance to play this game? Haven't heard much about their returns, haas' rehab in particular has been really quiet

Are haas or piakura a chance to play this game? Haven't heard much about their returns, haas' rehab in particular has been really quiet
Payne has to be getting close... it was a 4-6 week injury and he's missed Penrith, Cows, Storm and now Phins... next game is Saturday so another 8 days rest between games.

Not sure about Piakura... I'd think he's another couple weeks away

That's what I have been saying, you can see his body composition needs work, he has put on a bit of fat to allow him to build muscle quicker(being above 25% body fat allows faster muscle growth which would be the plan he is on) but he is still a good year or two atleast away from making good on that, once he gets the muscle he can lean out and be around the same weight he is right now with significantly more impact.
It’s crazy seeing Xman’s rig compared to BTK… X is jacked (compared to what I thought anyway). BTK, puppy fat. All good, that’ll go.

I think the Raiders have been a bit up and down performance wise this season. A bit like ourselves.

My gut feeling says we’re getting a bit of momentum up, we lost at Melbourne but could have won it.

Willison just has to start ahead of Baker. Hes strong enough, fit enough and ability wise is showing class. Give Baker a shorter stint as a support bencher.

This will be my 2nd game since returning from the UK, looking forward to it. You can’t beat being there.

I think the Raiders have been a bit up and down performance wise this season. A bit like ourselves.

My gut feeling says we’re getting a bit of momentum up, we lost at Melbourne but could have won it.

Willison just has to start ahead of Baker. Hes strong enough, fit enough and ability wise is showing class. Give Baker a shorter stint as a support bencher.

This will be my 2nd game since returning from the UK, looking forward to it. You can’t beat being there.

My concern is that, regardless of their form, we have shown a tendency to get dragged down by grubby teams. The Raiders are one of the worst at the moment. You would hope that Kev has a word to the NRL about our best players being targeted by cheap shots, and that the refs will be on to it. And, as like someone said earlier, cheap shots need to be met with contained outrage by our pack so that it gets reviewed (but none of our players get suckered in to anything that might get them sent off).

It is still amazing Milford wasn't given 10 in the bin / sent off. The fact he hits as hard as a dead fly should be irrelevant. It was in the back of an unsuspecting player nowhere near the ball, with all this concentration on player welfare, how you can basically condone that is beyond me.

Walters seems to get gassed if left on too long as well. The combo works, but I think Billy should come off after 20-25min, and then come back on at the end if needed (I dont think it works with him doing a full half - especially if we're defending all our errors). But we still need him to do all that early work. It's much easier for a 9 to come on and be impressive once everyone's a bit slower in the middle e.g. Turpin.

That run he did yesterday was pretty good. Smart to take the tackle too.
I agree with not playing Billy longer than 20 minutes, but I'm not sure it's because he's physically gassed. He seems to have a pretty big motor. And it's not attitude either. He's not lazy.

If it were fitness or overexertion, he'd come out fired up after the break, but he really hasn't been great in that spell.

To make it even more confusing, he covered Adam Reynolds pretty well. He was better in the halves than he was at hooker, and he's by no means an elite half.

To be brutal, I think he can put in a good twenty minutes or so at hooker but I think, maybe mentally, it's not his position.

It is still amazing Milford wasn't given 10 in the bin / sent off. The fact he hits as hard as a dead fly should be irrelevant. It was in the back of an unsuspecting player nowhere near the ball, with all this concentration on player welfare, how you can basically condone that is beyond me.
Yep that was absolute bullshit... blindsided him off the ball and caused whiplash.

If that happens after a playmaker has passed the ball it can usually lead to a sin bin.

Terrible reffing of that situation

How being offside over rules the shot on the player without the white thingy baffled me .
No penalty , but gets suspended WTF ?? How da fck does being a pace infront of the kicker outweigh a dirty shot on a player without the ball ????

In the middle maybe OK .
He was starting to struggle to move laterally later in the game . Got stepped a cpl of times .When he was in between the forwards and backs .
So only middle late in his stint .

Active Now

• maddo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • Fozz
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.