Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Corey Oates to absolutely bulldoze Dane Gagai.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I had no idea our defence was better this year than last. Maybe it just stood out more with those second half efforts last year.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I had no idea our defence was better this year than last. Maybe it just stood out more with those second half efforts last year.
We had that first game shocker against Souths which probably skew the stats.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
We had that first game shocker against Souths which probably skew the stats.
True. I don't think we encountered a team quite as inept as the Dragons were either.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Would be good to put a score on the Knights so we can clear out from the rest so we have a buffer come Origin time.

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
dane gagai has the makings of a future superstar i just recon all he needs is to be coached some defence by someone like wayne bennett i know wayne caoched him at knights but to be fairly honest i dont think he showed much inthuisian in improving any of his youngn players

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
JAMES Roberts admits it is time to grow up as he anxiously awaits the birth of his first child.

Roberts could miss Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium showdown against Newcastle tomorrow night if pregnant partner Anna Jovanovic goes into labour.

Roberts has told coach Wayne Bennett he would miss a game to be at the birth.

Many people say parenthood changes them and Roberts expects to be no different.

He is now settled at his fourth NRL club after failed stints at South Sydney and Penrith were followed by the Gold Coast Titans, where a contract bungle saw him end up at the Broncos.

At 23 and with 58 NRL appearances, it is time to turn potential into reality and Roberts knows he is the only one who can make that happen.

“It’s time to start growing up,” he said.

“I’m pretty quiet. I just come to training then head home.

“I spend a lot of time with the missus these days. She’s due any time now so I’m pretty excited.

“I’ll definitely be there for the birth, but I told the missus I’ll be straight to the game after.

“I’ll be pretty pumped. I think I’d have a good game.”

Roberts arrived at the Broncos from the Titans midway through the pre-season in controversial circumstances.

He still lives on the Gold Coast, commuting two hours for training each day, but is starting to find his feet at Red Hill.

“I’m enjoying my time here. This is definitely the right club,” Roberts said.

“I’m very happy with my choice.

“Hopefully I can stay here for a long time.”

It took until his fourth game for “The Jet” to unleash his blistering speed in front of Broncos fans and he tormented the Titans in his return to Cbus Super Stadium the next week.

A hip injury he suffered against the Gold Coast stifled his speed against the Dragons and Roberts said he was not sure how long it would be until it settled.

“It’s an ongoing injury. We’re trying to manage it.

“It’s slowly getting better but in the games when I cop a couple of knocks it hurts.

“It’s around my lower abs and into my right hip. It’s really sore and I’ve got no power.

“It’s hard to bump off people and break tackles. I’m doing my best working on it.

“I’m not sure how long it’ll be there. I got a few jabs (pain-killing injections) in it but it wore off before halftime (against the Dragons).”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/5f7ffbef259492e8ab38235d7573ddd0

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Roberts should rest and sit this one out. The last thing we need is for that injury to get worse. I can't believe we are prepared to risk playing him. They will target him for sure .... Kahu to centre.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Interesting stat.

Bennett has a terrible 25% win record against Brown. He has only won 3 out of 12 games, the last win being in 2005.

Bennett's win record of 25% against Brown is his lowest against any coach he has faced at least 10 times.

In the past 4 games against Knights, Hunt has had 7 try assists. I would be expecting more from him tonight.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
dane gagai has the makings of a future superstar i just recon all he needs is to be coached some defence by someone like wayne bennett i know wayne caoched him at knights but to be fairly honest i dont think he showed much inthuisian in improving any of his youngn players
Really ? At least make an attempt at punctuation and spelling ! That is the way to improve.

Blox_party87

Blox_party87

BRL Player
Aug 31, 2011
Interesting stat regarding Newcastle's trio of brothers

"For the first time in NRL premiership history, three sets of siblings will be in the same team with Sione Mata'utia returning from a concussion to play alongside brother Pat, Tariq and Korbin Sims and Daniel and Jacob Saifiti in Newcastle's match against Brisbane​. The last time three sets of brothers were in the same team was at Canterbury in 1994 when Darren and Jason Smith, Steven and Glen Hughes and Ben and Simon Gillies played together. The Knights recorded their first win of the season last weekend but it will be a massive upset if they beat the Broncos."

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Interesting stat regarding Newcastle's trio of brothers

"For the first time in NRL premiership history, three sets of siblings will be in the same team with Sione Mata'utia returning from a concussion to play alongside brother Pat, Tariq and Korbin Sims and Daniel and Jacob Saifiti in Newcastle's match against Brisbane​. The last time three sets of brothers were in the same team was at Canterbury in 1994 when Darren and Jason Smith, Steven and Glen Hughes and Ben and Simon Gillies played together. The Knights recorded their first win of the season last weekend but it will be a massive upset if they beat the Broncos."

When was the last time 3 sets of brothers played together on the same team and had numbers right next to each other? 3&4, 11&12, 15&16.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
We should walk over by I predict a close game. Wayne has always struggled against his old clubs and it would be unwise to underestimate the Knights here.

broncos by 6-10.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Wayne's losses to Brown were back when the Dragons were our bogey team so I don't think that that will be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • Scorchie
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Richby
  • mystico
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lakers133334
  • Johnny92
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.