Round 7 Discussion

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Dragons and Knights playing each other for the second time this season. Crazy draw!

Some news to annoy fantasy players:

• Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran have been ruled out.
  • Michael Jennings is out. Etu Uaisele and possibly David Simmons out too. Rumours that Burns might play some hooker with Seluini (Kev Kingston ruled out).
  • Nathan Merritt might play. God I hope so.

Twiztid, any idea if Merritt hopped on the plane to NZ?

Oh, and when is James Roberts back. I heard he starting running again this week...

Will be an interesting week.

Knights-Dragons: Will be interesting to see how much both sides have improved since the season opener. Kind of get the feeling Knights have improved a bit on their R1 effort and may just edge the Dragons out here who are back to their complacent best.

Broncos-Canberra: Already covered it but whatever. Wallace is a blow but I think the Raiders are terribly inconsistent & the Broncos may even lift in Wallace's absence. Expect a bit of a close one, but Brisbane will be too good.

Melbourne-Canterbury: Melbourne. Nothing a whole lot else to be said other than without Hodkinson I don't think the Dogs stand much of a chance.

Sydney-NQ: Our little expansion game and an interesting one too. I think the Chooks have been pretty fortunate so far this season and NQ will be primed for a big one. NQ fairly comfortably.

Manly-Gold Coast: Interesting with no Stewart or Foran. Would still have to go with Manly but I can sense a bit of an upset. Interested to see how Sezer will perform on debut. Hopefully he gives Prince the support he desperately needs.

Warriors-Rabbitohs: A tough one. Warriors will be happy to return to NZ and after last weeks disgraceful effort will be looking to inflict it on a Bunnies side that's beginning to lose some key players to injury. Tipping the Warriors in a close one and perhaps the game of the round.

Cronulla-Parramatta: I can sense the Cronulla roll coming to an end but given it's Parra I don't think it will be this week. Cronulla in a close but ordinary game.

Penrith-Tigers: Penrith have lost a stack of players missing and the Tigers are overdue. If they can't win here, something is seriously rotten.

If the Titans want results they should drop Prince to reserve grade to get his confidence back. If they don't Scott will soon be joining Mason and Fevola in the hasbeens club.

Some news to annoy fantasy players:

• Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran have been ruled out.
  • Michael Jennings is out. Etu Uaisele and possibly David Simmons out too. Rumours that Burns might play some hooker with Seluini (Kev Kingston ruled out).
  • Nathan Merritt might play. God I hope so.

Twiztid, any idea if Merritt hopped on the plane to NZ?

Oh, and when is James Roberts back. I heard he starting running again this week...
Sorry only just saw this.

Going from the the round 6 video update from the Souths medical team - http://youtu.be/cyqGpVJshqo. Merritt was still a week by week case as well as James Roberts.

People on Twitter said he trained but still would be down to how much pain he was getting from the foot as rushing him back could cause him more damage when Everingham and Farrell are going ok at the moment.

From this rounds video - http://youtu.be/CDzpKYlczVA James Roberts scans from his knee clean up came up good and he trained successfully but his fitness was obviously down. I would assume Roberts would be a few weeks away and Merritt could very much pop up this week but I haven't heard 100%.

What a great day.

Roosters AND Manly lose.

Would've been nice if the Dogs could've pulled off an upset win but you can't have everything.

Manly and Chooks, two of my top 3 most hated got done. Now if only the Warriors clean up souffs, that'll be a perfect weekend!

I just want the Sharks to win for my multi bet.

Shame the Bulldogs couldn't beat Melbourne, would have got us to equal first.

Sorry only just saw this.

Going from the the round 6 video update from the Souths medical team - http://youtu.be/cyqGpVJshqo. Merritt was still a week by week case as well as James Roberts.

People on Twitter said he trained but still would be down to how much pain he was getting from the foot as rushing him back could cause him more damage when Everingham and Farrell are going ok at the moment.

From this rounds video - http://youtu.be/CDzpKYlczVA James Roberts scans from his knee clean up came up good and he trained successfully but his fitness was obviously down. I would assume Roberts would be a few weeks away and Merritt could very much pop up this week but I haven't heard 100%.

Cheers for that mate.

I've got a big opinion of James Roberts. Think he could be an amazing attacking weapon for you guys at fullback when he can really use his speed in support. Not sure what happens to him now though that Inglis is at the back and Everingham is killing it on the wing with Merritt to return to the other wing spot.

After watching Everingham's DVD that they kept talking about. He seemed to be playing centre in most of it, so it really came down to which player we could do with out.

In NYC James Roberts was a freak and a great supporter of the ball. I can still remember his 110 metre try and how amazing that was.

As soon as he left the NYC team, they just turned to ****. He was their go to player and he could just perform magic when he touched the ball. Even in first grade his stats show he is a very dangerous player to handle and if he was fit and the Inglis move didn't work or happen, he would most probably be at the back or atleast on the wing.

Then it comes down too, who do we drop? Everingham has been playing great and the guy has worked so hard to get his chance. It is even more impressive after his crap showings in the trials that his form so far in the NRL is amazing. So a player like Corrigan is one of the players in the firing line, I rate him as a good worker and good defensive player but he offers very little in attack. King has been very shocking since he came back but is his position protected?? Then you only really have Dylan Farrell who is another great player who has handled himself very well and a player who doesn't deserved to be dropped either. So very much a nightmare for Maguire when those players are declared fully fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everingham is an absolute gun but he will have his biggest test today marking the beast, as Nathan Merritt would tell you.

Everingham is an absolute gun but he will have his biggest test today marking the beast, as Nathan Merritt would tell you.
When he is on, most of the best wingers in the comp will tell you how hard he is to stop.

Souths getting absolutely ambushed so far. The Warriors have come out with a real aggression and attitude.

Souths getting absolutely ambushed so far. The Warriors have come out with a real aggression and attitude.
Yep pretty much. I can't be bothered going over it again. So I'll just post the comment I made to Rocky on Facebook.
Rocky - Yeah it seems to be the only logical choice. In his defence though twice he was out by himself and another two times they were his mistakes reading the defence causing a giant hole.

But really it came down to no punch from our forwards. I don't think Luke ran the ball from dummy half at all in that first half so made it easy to contain. Sutto was ****!!! Reynolds defended well and tried hard. Inglis though made a mistake was hounded almost all game and couldn't get free and that is where Sutton/Luke needs to take the pressure back off Inglis to let him get a bit free.

Taylor was great and damaging and Everingham handled the Beast well enough without being outstanding in defence but was in the right place again to get another 2 tries.

Necrom needs to be called up into the starting side next week. He looked like the only forward that looked close to denting the Warriors line.

So back to the drawing board. Asotasi and Burgess brothers has been a big loss.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.