Round 7 Discussion

Finally saw the much hyped Sam Burgess hit-up... deadset, Davey Hala's was way better.

Try or no try?

I don't really have a problem with it.

The on field ref called no try, and taking a look at it frame by frame, Waqa comes up short first. However, there wasn't any shot that showed the ball clearly touching the line. I don't think there was any conclusive evidence to overrule the no try call and the video ref had no choice but to call it no try. The ball may have touched the line, but there is no angle that shows it.

What I would like to know is, why no side on shot? Or an angle from behind? Surely they would have been better angles to use to determine if the ball touches the line?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear try for mine. Compensates for last week's 2 points they shouldn't have got...

The on field ref called no try

The touch judge said it was a no try.

I think it was the same touch judge that said no try for the Storm last week. The name of touch judge is Steve Carrall.

Try or no try?

The on field ref called no try, and taking a look at it frame by frame, Waqa comes up short first. However, there wasn't any shot that showed the ball clearly touching the line. I don't think there was any conclusive evidence to overrule the no try call and the video ref had no choice but to call it no try. The ball may have touched the line, but there is no angle that shows it.

What I would like to know is, why no side on shot? Or an angle from behind? Surely they would have been better angles to use to determine if the ball touches the line?

This is going to cost some team around finals time I can just feel it. I would much rather a system of...

"I have a try, show me why it isn't"
"I have no try, show me why it is" and.....
"I have no idea"

What's missing from the current system is the last one. Way too much emphasis is placed on the Refs initial call and I believe many of them are erring on the side of caution and calling no try.

Clear try for mine. Compensates for last week's 2 points they shouldn't have got...

You mean the one where they were disallowed a fair try and the Dragons were gifted one for bad reffing?

If karma ever revealed itself it was in Round 6. Great moment, **** the Dragons for acting like sooks about it. Man up.

Seriously, a lot of people get on the Broncos - I'm glad we don't act like Doust does. Good on em.

That was definitely a try for mine, this whole thing with the Referee's having absolutely no idea if it's a try or not, and sending it upstairs with a complete guess, needs to change, it's costing teams games and half the time it's not even the correct call..

8-0 to the Eels, 28 minutes in.

Pretty good crowd at ANZ Stadium for this clash. Around 35k.

It's amazing what winning does to a teams supporter base.

James Gavet may have scored. They're checking to see whether he got it on the line and cleanly. It's ruled no try.

Norman back to his Broncos form. Some really good plays that have set up tries, but 2 horrible mistakes halting momentum.

Tigers are very sloppy. Too much dropped ball and forcing passes when nothing is going on.

Try or no try?

Try the ball was grounded on the line and whoever was the video ref needs to go to specsavers.

I know refeering is a hard job but how the bloody hell do they miss that? Do they look at the same replays as we do.

Austin scores. Good run, and some very lazy defense..

8-4 with a kick to come.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Spoon
  • Stix
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • sooticus
  • Fitzy
  • westy316
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • Alec
  • armchair
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.