Round 7 Discussion

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Much better game from the dogs and deserved the win but anyone who thinks this is a sign they won't be at the bottom fighting us for the spoon is kidding themselves.

Just like us against Penrith, they had a rare game where they actually showed up. Just wait for them to get flogged again next week, their confidence will evaporate and normality will resume.

I watched the Cowboys v Raiders game and aside from dubious ref calls and the first 10-15min the cowboys were quite good. Coming back twice against the Raiders is no mean feat especially when it was clear the Raiders were up for the game after last week.

What stood out to me were the respective spines at the back end of the game. I thought the Raiders really missed Hodgson and CNK. Neither Wighton or Williams stood up and In the end it was Drinkwater with a sprinkle of Holmes that got the Cowboys over the line. The form Drinkwater is showing is almost as if he's playing for a new contract...

Anyway, there's a strong possibility the Cows could win 5 on the trot and that would be some turnaround from R1, especially considering they've done it without Lolo.

As for the Raiders, I'm confident in ruling them out for the premiership. Their halves just aren't good enough in the moments that matter. Croker is a dead weight in that side too. Still definitely in the mix for the 8 but Ricky has a big job working out his best 17 and needs to stop the wholesale changes.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Much better game from the dogs and deserved the win but anyone who thinks this is a sign they won't be at the bottom fighting us for the spoon is kidding themselves.

Just like us against Penrith, they had a rare game where they actually showed up. Just wait for them to get flogged again next week, their confidence will evaporate and normality will resume.

I watched the Cowboys v Raiders game and aside from dubious ref calls and the first 10-15min the cowboys were quite good. Coming back twice against the Raiders is no mean feat especially when it was clear the Raiders were up for the game after last week.

What stood out to me were the respective spines at the back end of the game. I thought the Raiders really missed Hodgson and CNK. Neither Wighton or Williams stood up and In the end it was Drinkwater with a sprinkle of Holmes that got the Cowboys over the line. The form Drinkwater is showing is almost as if he's playing for a new contract...

Anyway, there's a strong possibility the Cows could win 5 on the trot and that would be some turnaround from R1, especially considering they've done it without Lolo.

As for the Raiders, I'm confident in ruling them out for the premiership. Their halves just aren't good enough in the moments that matter. Croker is a dead weight in that side too. Still definitely in the mix for the 8 but Ricky has a big job working out his best 17 and needs to stop the wholesale changes.

I thought Holmes might have re-arrived last night, he was excellent!

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Turbo is always lurking around the ruck in support. I wish we had something like that.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Wasn’t there like 2 tackles after that infringement? That’s really playing advantage.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
How many 6 agains leading up to that try? At what point do you bin someone if it's that bad?

Smartseal

Smartseal

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2016
Cowboys haven’t improved... they managed to get tigers on an off day leading into the dogs, which has given them confidence.

once they’re in Townsville they’re much harder to beat not to mention Ricky shitting the bed and dropping papa to the bench for Guler who made 4 errors in the first 20mins

they’re also in the middle of 6 out of 7 games in qld.... what I wouldn’t give to get a fucking draw like that
Seriously, we were absolute garbage the first month. They held the Raiders to nil & completed at 100% in the second half and you think they havent improved
You should consider sticking to commenting to broncos games, cos you're more salty than the dead sea

Smartseal

Smartseal

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2016
The O'Neil try should have at the very least been referred. It did look touch and go but it appeared he had his foot on the line where as Drinkwater appeared to kick it just behind it.
When you look at the replay that fox showed, what you see is the knee of oneil, which clearly indicates that the left leg was in the air & not on the ground, so he cant be deemed to be offside

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Seriously, we were absolute garbage the first month. They held the Raiders to nil & completed at 100% in the second half and you think they havent improved
You should consider sticking to commenting to broncos games, cos you're more salty than the dead sea
Nah... I think I'll keep calling the cows shit 👍👍👍

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
When you look at the replay that fox showed, what you see is the knee of oneil, which clearly indicates that the left leg was in the air & not on the ground, so he cant be deemed to be offside
From the NRL Rules.

Offside

A player is offside if he has one foot (either on or off the ground) in front of a teammate who ‘last touches, is touched, held or kicked the ball’.

It's still very close so I'm happy to give the officials the benefit of the doubt but I would have liked to have seen what angle they had that cleared him. On the one angle we have it looks like his left foot is in front of Drinkwater.

Smartseal

Smartseal

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2016
From the NRL Rules.

Offside

A player is offside if he has one foot (either on or off the ground) in front of a teammate who ‘last touches, is touched, held or kicked the ball’.

It's still very close so I'm happy to give the officials the benefit of the doubt but I would have liked to have seen what angle they had that cleared him. On the one angle we have it looks like his left foot is in front of Drinkwater.
That seems quite a contradiction, given a player can be in the air, outside the field of play & yet able to bat the ball back into play. If they were to apply that rule consistently then the player is out.
I guess the officials didnt see it that way, or it was tit for tat given they missed a few forward passes as well

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That seems quite a contradiction, given a player can be in the air, outside the field of play & yet able to bat the ball back into play. If they were to apply that rule consistently then the player is out.
I guess the officials didnt see it that way, or it was tit for tat given they missed a few forward passes as well
I don't think Noyen is the type of video referee that scrutanizes the play that heavily. Just look at how quickly he went through each challenge. The McLean one in particular was irksome since he didn't consider the possibility that McLean maintained possession and simply ruled out a stripping action.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I know Tommy T is a quality fullback, but my God they go over the top about him. Ennis in particular reckon this performance against the Tigers is the best performance by a fullback he has ever seen. What a load of rubbish.

DanG

DanG

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
I know Tommy T is a quality fullback, but my God they go over the top about him. Ennis in particular reckon this performance against the Tigers is the best performance by a fullback he has ever seen. What a load of rubbish.
i was just about to write this, such a wank fest over him

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
  • Allo
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.