vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maranta would be a bit of a loss for us, in terms of the balance of the side. I can't believe Ive just written that!

Me either ... Our version of the hand of god.

At least this says something about clever coaching and real defence which explains their good defensive record: From the Dragons coach...

"Instead of "catching" ball runners and holding them up to slow the play-the-ball as most teams do, the likes of Ben Creagh, Leeson Ah Mau, Trent Merrin, Jack de Belin, Mike Cooper and Rory O'Brien have focused on "hitting" in defence."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/st-george-illawarra-dragons/dragons-coach-paul-mcgregor-doing-it-his-way-after-lifeline-from-wayne-bennett-20150416-1mmgqo.html

Geez our fullbacks are dropping like flies.

Would be nice to get Kahu or Boyd back soon.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/bronc...-says-matt-johns/story-fnlt03ir-1227306722514

"Last Friday night Thaiday exploded onto the park and put together one of his finest performances against the Sydney Roosters.

Thaiday’s aggression was the cornerstone of the Broncos’ victory.

Bennett has no plans of getting rid of Thaiday, otherwise the “sources within the Broncos” would have said the Broncos were under severe salary cap pressure and the retention of Thaiday was appearing unlikely.

The questioning of the Queensland legend’s work ethic and desire was a personal attack, designed around reigniting his fire.

It did exactly that."

"I remember Knights v Broncos in Newcastle 1995, and suddenly a brawl breaks out early in the match. Our skipper Paul Harragon squares off against Brisbane’s enforcer, Andrew Gee.

They were trading blows when suddenly Broncos trainer Kelvin Giles runs into the thick of the action, grabs Chief from behind, holds him while Andrew Gee lands 4-5 straight right hands to the Chief’s chin.
That was the Broncos. They played by their own rules because they believed they deserved to.

I miss that Broncos!
So do the people of Brisbane, but they’re coming back."

Good article by Matty Johns, basically contradicting the Tallis one in saying that WB is one of the best man managers in the game, and he has no intention of losing Thaiday. For some reason when Johns writes an article it actually seems to be thought out and not just written in spite.

Last edited:
Maranta would be a bit of a loss for us, in terms of the balance of the side. I can't believe Ive just written that!

agree. he's solid at the back in defense. bit worried about hodgo handling it. as good as he was at fb at the end of last year he got found out plenty in defense. we have one other option but im not sure bennett will use him (milf).

Good article by Matty Johns, basically contradicting the Tallis one in saying that WB is one of the best man managers in the game, and he has no intention of losing Thaiday. For some reason when Johns writes an article it actually seems to be thought out and not just written in spite.

Tallis didn't bag anyone, he just said they can't get him on the cheap now if his form continues. The tactic of firing up may cost them Sam if they can't afford him or other players to be able to afford him.

It was perfectly resonable what Tallis said and 100% correct.

Kiko has played fullback before right? It's possible he might get a run there.

Surely Kodi or Milf. Possibly even Milf to fullback and Kodi takes 5/8 (how much has Nik played there?)

Hodges has played there but wasn't great. Couldn't clean up a grubber and has said he's not keen on catching highballs anymore. Edit: Also Hodges is the most likely to leave injured so it'll be interesting to see who makes the 17.
Copley should be centre -he looks out place on the wing let alone fullback. (I recall seeing him nicknamed Dropley on here too).
Further to highball woes. Oates has dropped a highball on the wing recently and Vidot isn't known for catching/defending highballs.

Last edited:
Tallis didn't bag anyone, he just said they can't get him on the cheap now if his form continues. The tactic of firing up may cost them Sam if they can't afford him or other players to be able to afford him.

It was perfectly resonable what Tallis said and 100% correct.

And nothing to do with his dislike of WB?
Right, well i disagree

May mean a bit more pressure on Hunt's kicking game but maybe:
1 Milford
2 Oates
4 Copley
6 Hodges
Hodges n mild interchanging. Probably not going to happen though

May mean a bit more pressure on Hunt's kicking game but maybe:
1 Milford
2 Oates
4 Copley
6 Hodges
Hodges n mild interchanging. Probably not going to happen though

I'm still going to pretend that Hodges playing for the All Stars in the back row means he'll be fine defending in the line. Even though I know he'll shred every tendon in his legs.

If The Human Tank doesn't play, I think either Milf or Kodi to 1 is our best bet. Preferably the former.

We lose some defensive capability but either would give us some real spark in attack.

Maranta dropped off, Oates into the starting team and Blair to the bench. At least that is what was reported yesterday

Who is playing fullback? Milf?

It's almost certainly going to be Copley & Hodges rotating between right centre & fullback, with Oates moving next to the Reed on the left wing.

Jack Reed plays his 100th Broncos game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Ondi
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.