Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Still catching my breath from the roosters game! Hopefully hodges and Kahu are back for this one and thaiday has another game like that! 6 in a row!

If Hodges and Kahu return, we will absolutely demolish them.

If Hodges and Kahu return, we will absolutely demolish them.

Even if they don't, I reckon we're in. Hopefully they are back though and we can really give them a dusting.

Complacency if we expect the win is always a concern. I do get the feeling Bennett is doing a good job keeping the boys grounded though.

Dragons are miserly in defence, but we are also no slouches. In terms of firepower we well and truly have them covered.

Looking forward we have Dragons, Eels, Panthers, Cowboys and Knights. Being 4/5 at this stage could mean we'll be positioned quite well come round 10. None of them are certain victories, but we are finding form and are probably deserving favourites in each match up.

Complacency if we expect the win is always a concern. I do get the feeling Bennett is doing a good job keeping the boys grounded though.

Definitely a concern, but as you say I think Bennett is doing a good job keeping their minds on the opponent at hand, and not what they did the week before.

I'm loving the consistency in attitude the team has shown so far this year. There also seems to be a willingness to adapt game plans to opponents that didn't happen much throughout Griffin's tenure. Should get up in this one handily, I would think, but I'll take a win any way it comes.

Judging by what I've read, there's a pretty strong chance that Kahu, Hodges & Blair are all back for this game, it's going to be an interesting team list Tuesday.

1. Kahu
2. Oates
3. Copley
4. Hodges (c)
5. Maranta / Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. K.Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Garbutt

That's what I'm hoping for.

After his performance last night, I want Thaiday to start. That sort of tackling and running is inspirational and puts the opposition on the back foot right from the start. Blair has shown none of that Tunza style defence which is what we need in the opening 20-30 minutes.

I also can't see Bennett dropping Reed after his improved performance.

And hopefully, Milford will stand deeper this time and run onto the ball with a bit of room as much as the improving work he is doing in the line

Judging by what I've read, there's a pretty strong chance that Kahu, Hodges & Blair are all back for this game, it's going to be an interesting team list Tuesday.

1. Kahu
2. Oates
3. Copley
4. Hodges (c)
5. Maranta / Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. K.Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Garbutt

Would like to see this too, it's our strongest 17 at this point in time. Realistically though, Maranta / Vidot will be forced out as Reed pushes Copley to the wing with the return of Hodges.

We are bound to have a let down somewhere along the line.

Medics still can't figure out Blair's knee and what is actually causing the pain.

Medics still can't figure out Blair's knee and what is actually causing the pain.

Wasn't it a corked thigh? Must've been a pretty significant one if he's got nerve damage in his knee

He had a bad limp the last time I saw him in public which was this week.

I doubt he'll be back.

1. Kahu
2. Oates
3. Copley
4. Hodges (c)
5. Maranta / Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. K.Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Garbutt

Keep hoping. I don't see Garbutt being in the team ahead of Dodds. There is a reason he gets few minutes, his defence is not as good unless they run straight at him

I wouldn't mind if Bennett brought Joe back and gave him another game before the Origin period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.