Round 7 - Tigers vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Watching the replay again this morning, i could clearly see from the coverage just how good our defensive patterns are (well for most of the game anyway)

Every time the Tigers shifted the ball around looking for a chink in our armour, they were greated by the white wall icon_thumbs_u

Very happy with where we're at currently ...... all kudos to Hook for getting the guys in the right frame of mind.

Parker was the bomb. breaking tackles, making tackles and kicking goals. great performance.

Brett Suttor should not be an NRL ref. He is the only reason the Tigers got back into the match. His penalties and non-penalties are absolutely ridiculous.

He was awful.

Other than that, I dint think we were sloppy or soft at all. Defending your line against a team who is known for throwing the ball around can't be overly easy. And if not for Suttor, Brisbane wouldn't have been in that position to start with.

Very happy with how disciplined the team is. And for a 20 restate, running to the 20, not walking back.

We also don't seem to be playing one attacking game like a lot of teams do. I think Sterlo said it last night too. The attack last night was as if it was trained the week before, specifically for the Tigers.

Oh and Benji. Nice 150th champ.... Lol.

Coxy said:
Scoreline flattered the Tigers. The referees let them back in the game against the run of play.

Yow Yeh is epic. One of the real future superstars. I reckon Locky and Parker were our best by far.

Isn't he just!

Parker is playing the most outstanding football. On this form he should walk into SoO.

I just can't wait till the attack decides to give Hodges some room to move instead of giving him the ball with defenders right in his face.

In this side, Macca and Hunt are showing they are the weak links. They just don't have it at this level.

Wasn't It Farah who had the 150th? An **** he Is a cry baby.

If we can just keep the enthusiasm up in defense we'll have an outstanding season.

I'm impressed at how mature the younger guys are playing these days

Lockyer is quicker at dummy half than Hunt and Macca combined. But then, Lockyer's a God.

If Suttor didn't love the whistle a bit too much and if their refereeing was consistent with the second half, we would've scored more tries. Tigers only caught up due to refereeing, but if our defense wasn't amazing, they probable could've scored more tries.

Overall, I was very happy with our performance especially in the first half.

rnabokov said:
Coxy said:
Scoreline flattered the Tigers. The referees let them back in the game against the run of play.

Yow Yeh is epic. One of the real future superstars. I reckon Locky and Parker were our best by far.

Isn't he just!

Parker is playing the most outstanding football. On this form he should walk into SoO.

It's ironic that he's now at least twice the player he was when he made the Origin sides in 2004-05.

In this side, Macca and Hunt are showing they are the weak links. They just don't have it at this level.

Both were poor last night but that's going too far.

I thought outside of a few skill errors between them Macca and Hunt weren't too bad, our game plan this year has helped both of them as we look much quicker out of dummy half than last year.

Coxy said:

Yep, that sums it up pretty nicely IMO. That Suttor idiot almost managed to ruin the game and get the Tigers back into it.

Mention to Wallace also, who played a very good game again and Glenn who is turning into a super backrower! Thaiday was really good though, especially in the first half.

If Yow Yeh didn't lose that ball after that amazing run, it would've been one of the tries of the year.

A quality hooker would be good at the Broncos, I;d like to see Baptiste in QLD cup to see how he goes. Hunt and Macca are just too slow. Macca get the ball knocked out of his hand alot and Hunt seems to throw forward passes too often

Hunt isn't there because Hook see's him as a future hooker, he's just there to gain NRL experience for his eventual start at halfback. If the Broncos had a better Q Cup set up, he'd be playing there.

Macca is a worry, sombody needs to tell him to stop trying to be like Cameron Smith and try and be more like Andrew McCullough. He reminds me of a kid who watches too many Bruce Lee movies and suddenly thinks he knows kung fu, only to get his arse kicked by some fat kid.

Hunt playing off the bench is not good for the team and him IMO. Playing 80 mins at halfback for a QLD cup side would help him more in development IMO. He would still train with Lockyer and Wallace anyway.

I agree, although it's far from ideal considering he'd be playing one of the most difficult positions with a bunch of strangers.

Hell yeah, if you're gonna have Hunt in Q-cup, then he needs to train with the Q-cup team, otherwise he will never build the combos with his team mates. On the other hand, he wouldn't get the exposure and experience in the NRL and the combinations going with his fellow Broncos. Catch 22 really... [icon_shru

We really need to have all our fringe players playing for the same QLD cup side. It is pathetic how we operate in the QLD cup at the moment.

Suttor will cost a team their season towards the end of the year.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • cento
  • Santa
  • Rookie Alan
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Inknition
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.