NRLW POST GAME [Round 8, 2024] Broncos vs Sharks

**** that was an amazing win. This week and last were our biggest tests and even with a day that we were well off our usual we passed both.

Spare a thought for the ref though, he did everything he could to get the Sharks over the line but just fell short. Poor bastard.

NRL2024BHQFullTimeRound8NRLW

I missed the game so just watching the replay now. Is there conformation about the injury to Waaka?

I missed the game so just watching the replay now. Is there conformation about the injury to Waaka?

No confirmation but she was in a moon boot and crutches after the game and couldn't put any weight on that leg.

No confirmation but apparently they believe it’s a lower leg fracture. Season over I would imagine unfortunately.

Robinson a few errors, but another 20+ run effort. She needs to have a chat with the men's outside backs about how to get involved in a game and do the hard yards.

Not sure what Princey has done but the resilience from the girls this year especially in defence is a big improvement on last year. If this game was played last year, they lose this one.

Under the pump most of the game, Sharks with what I believe was 50 tackles (give or take a couple) in the Broncos 20 and the girls only concede 3 tries with one of those being very questionable and the other on the back of a knock on in the play before. The effort to hold up Johnston late in the second half was really good. Jada also came up with a big effort on Johnston just a few minutes before full time. Johnston looked like she was in for the match-sealer but Jada manages to hang onto her ankles and stops her from running over Gould to score.

Despite being under the pump and being well off their game, they manage to come up with a great set in the last 100 seconds to get in a position for Duzzi to score the match-winner.

There's a hunger in the side this year that's been missing in recent years.

Looks like Waka out for rest of year. Disappointing for her and the team

IMG 2060

This could have been her last game for us. She’s not signed beyond this year and will likely go back to 7’s.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • theshed
  • The True King
  • rj9
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • mitch222
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • johnny plath
  • whykickamoocow
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Big Del
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.