Round 8 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Post Match Discussion

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Re: Round 8 - Broncos vs. Bulldogs - Post Match Discussion *

Hodges is always a standout. Locky was simply awesome.
Hannant was a MACHINNEEEEEEEE if he plays like that every game look out opposition teams.

Seriously I'm just so impressed with how the teams playing, brilliant attitude and I thought by far our best game this season. We are getting better with every game, I thought we were very slick at times and rolled forward so well.

7 in a row
BRING ON MELBOURNE!!!!

F

Ffs...

NYC Player
Jul 10, 2010

Great win, effort is everywhere.

I actually thought hunt went ok tonight. I am done with Mac seriously, if hunt can play 80, let this guy go find some form, he is dreadful atm.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

The Rock said:
Yeah Beale is solid as a rock and does some very good things every game, without really being flashy or outstanding. When Hoffman is back, I'm happy for Beale to go on the wing I guess. I'm not a fan of moving players for the sake of it when injured players return, and I still prefer having Teo in centres when he returns BUT Beale has shown enough to prove that he can be a solid option on the Wing so I'm not fussed.
I wouldn't even be concerned if Te'o was left right out of the team. I certainly don't want him at centre, bench or nothing.
Once Hoffman is back it should go like this.

1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh

Can we try Baptise from lower grades? Our dummy halves are rubbish. Biggest weakness in our team.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
[quote="The Rock":2yqg2c7h]Yeah Beale is solid as a rock and does some very good things every game, without really being flashy or outstanding. When Hoffman is back, I'm happy for Beale to go on the wing I guess. I'm not a fan of moving players for the sake of it when injured players return, and I still prefer having Teo in centres when he returns BUT Beale has shown enough to prove that he can be a solid option on the Wing so I'm not fussed.
I wouldn't even be concerned if Te'o was left right out of the team. I certainly don't want him at centre, bench or nothing.
Once Hoffman is back it should go like this.

1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh

Can we try Baptise from lower grades? Our dummy halves are rubbish. Biggest weakness in our team.

What's your agenda against Teo? He was one of our best last year and has had a slow start to the season but has not been bad or anything. He will come good.[/quote:2yqg2c7h]
Hahaha, I think we have been playing so well I have forgotten how good Te'o is :P
He should be in our team and will probably be starting backrower soon I think he's back from injury next week. Lets just hope he can return to form.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Baptiste is certainly worth a shot although I don't think he'll necessarily be an improvement.

Hunt showed some good signs last night as a half.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

Big Pete said:
Baptiste is certainly worth a shot although I don't think he'll necessarily be an improvement.

hunt played last night as well? poor bastard no wonder he was shit tonight.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

Hannant 21 runs for 203m, 4 tackle breaks
Parker 20 runs for 149m,37 Tackles.

Lockyer 80minutes, 83 of those as God.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

draggx said:
Big Pete said:

Huh?

I'm talking about the game itself, the cut-out pass to Copley and the deft kick were classy.

Isn't a hooker, but he isn't going to be one.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

Big Pete said:
draggx said:
[quote="Big Pete":3uc04qfc]Baptiste is certainly worth a shot although I don't think he'll necessarily be an improvement.

Huh?

I'm talking about the game itself, the cut-out pass to Copley and the deft kick were classy.

Isn't a hooker, but he isn't going to be one.[/quote:3uc04qfc]

It wasn't mid night when i saw that [icon_razz1

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Our attacking structure is way too compressed, where is the depth to give people the ball on the run?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Beale will only get better, I just hope he.continues improving even when on the wing.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Surprised by the Hunt hate. He was way way better than Macca. But I guess that's not hard.

Dodds was great off the bench. Top notch hit ups.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

vertigo said:
Our attacking structure is way too compressed, where is the depth to give people the ball on the run?

Yes. Someone else has noticed at last. When you see just how awesome Hodges is without room to really move, imagine him with space!

That should have been Macca's last game in the top grade. Period. He is not up to this level as I said before. If he plays like that against the Storm and Dragons who won't wilt under pressure like the Dogs, it will be a different result.

More and more I like this coach - should be a keeper. He analysed the Dogs game perfectly and his game plan worked a treat. Idris? Who's he? All that remains now is to work on some depth and structure to the attack.

As for Rock's view that we are peaking - no way, until we start scorng points from other than flashes of Locky's brilliance or a few clever kicks. We desperately need a creative dummy half. What exposes this is in particular is, take Locky out of the team and we will be lucky to score a point.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dodds looks to be dwveloping nicely. His hit ups are great and degense is awesome

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I thought Hunt was pretty good last night. Macca was very disappointing. Not the time to drop either of them now, particularly with rep season approaching when we'll need their experience.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
Bucking Beads said:
Dodds looks to be dwveloping nicely. His hit ups are great and degense is awesome

except it was his defensive mistake that let barba in.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
kluppy said:
Bucking Beads said:

No it wasn't.

Macca came up with an arm grab for the first try.

Kenny was bumped off which gave Barba a clear path for the second.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
Big Pete said:
kluppy said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":3aegwvw7]Dodds looks to be dwveloping nicely. His hit ups are great and degense is awesome

No it wasn't.

Macca came up with an arm grab for the first try.

Kenny was bumped off which gave Barba a clear path for the second.[/quote:3aegwvw7]

the tackle was all but complete and dodds rushed in which left the line open, catch a replay if you can, you'll see.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • mrslong
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Ozired
  • Morepudding
  • KickHaas
  • Battler
  • Twopoints
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • Rah88
  • Fatboy
  • johnyE
  • Alec
  • Evander
  • Broncosarethebest
  • thenry
  • Manofoneway
... and 41 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.