Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I like Reed on the wing. maranta was good but needs to attack the ball with more intensity, and back himself to get out of in goal.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Gutted for Dodds. I was gutted the first time, and was sooo stoked to see him back, I think he could really be something good. Absolutely gutted.

NRL need to sort out the refs. All sorts of shit in the ruck - so much for cutting out the rubbish and going for quick play the balls. Maybe it's just my one eye that's open, but that's WEEKS in a row now we're copping the short end of the fucking stick. We may be winning the penalty counts, but that doesn't make it the way it should be. We should have been at LEAST another 12 points in front from our disallowed try and theirs that got let through, just on the forward passing issue. Fucking bullshit, I'm well and truly over it.

Hodges - was clearly not getting out of first gear, which was just as well because he was still on one leg. Loved his running battle with Norman, but FMD. I cringe every time he gets the ball. I know he's captain, and I love what he does, but I'm not convinced he should have been out there this week. The week off would have done him good, especially if Sheensy picks him for next weekend's game - I actually hope he doesn't so Hodgo can have the week off. He's still not right.

Glad to get the win. Hunt seems a bit down on confidence, hope it's temporary. Milf seemed to struggle a bit in the first half, second half was much better. I have faith in Wayne, but I'm biting my tongue on the whole experiment.

I like Maranta at FB because he's safe. I feel he could have tried at a couple of those early dropouts, to get back in the field, but can accept it because they didn't lead to tries. It would be different if they did.. Hard to fault his bravery though, he doesn't run back like a KHunt but he takes his fair share of knocks.

Dunno who else to single out really. Pretty happy with the game, good result considering the officiating. Our defence was again pretty good, though I feel a team whose attack was clicking better would have found more gaps than the Eels did tonight, seemed a bit down on where it has been. Hopefully it's not a trend, because our defence has been outstanding so far this year, I'm loving it.

Most of all I like the mental toughness Wayne is putting into these young blokes. A bit of mongrel. A bit of killer instinct. We've really lacked that the last few years, we've played too 'nice'. Still do to some extent, but we're learning not to take the foot off the pedal as well. I appreciate that. We're looking a damn good footy side, and I can still see plenty of improvement as well...if we keep building, we should go far into September :o_o:

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Special mention to McCullough, 55 tackles w/ a couple of decent darts from dummy half and kicks, he's also improved a lot since the start of the year.

Combined with Kodi off the bench, I think we have found a really good interchange combo.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
I honestly want to know if Hodgo and Norman genuinely dislike eachother. Awesome game and can't wait to play Penrith.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I honestly want to know if Hodgo and Norman genuinely dislike eachother. Awesome game and can't wait to play Penrith.

I think everyone genuinely dislikes Numbnut. I certainly do :takdir: Arrogant little pissweed...

Could be a better-than-good player if he had more ticker though.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Combined with Kodi off the bench, I think we have found a really good interchange combo.

Agreed, I'm really starting to like Nikorima off the bench. Give him 100 games in that role and he walks into the halves if and when Hunt or Milf get injured.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
still seems like there is a lot of untidy stuff to clean up before this team is anything close to the finished product but somehow they win again .... having said that I probably need to watch that again when I don't need a broncos win to finish off a fairly big paying ticket. Don't usually watch games I wager on and that wasn't much fun.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
I think everyone genuinely dislikes Numbnut. I certainly do :takdir: Arrogant little pissweed...

Could be a better-than-good player if he had more ticker though.

Yep. Literally my only memory of him is that moment he didn't dive on the ball ingoal, swiped at it like a Mong, fucked it up and they score. Heart the size of a pea, I was with the majority of people waiting on round 13 to make sure he didn't backflip.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I like how it works, McCullough handles the majority of the match, doing a lot of defensive work, absorbing a lot of the workload, then a more attacking option in Kodi comes in to up the tempo in attack, which works to both players advantages. Kodi showed tonight so early the potential has to offer.

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Great to get the win, I felt we weren't the best team tho. Para looked a lot sharper imo... Sick of people wearing 'members' gear referring to players by their numbers...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I honestly think that's all we need Milford to do, exactly what he did this game, don't make any errors or miss many 1 on 1 tackles, hang around broken play like he did at the Raiders, look for gaps when they present themselves and chime in with a kick every now and then when it's suitable.

Hunt is a dominant half that likes most of the 5th tackle options, and once Darius is back we'll have another person who can help a bit on 5th tackle plays along with Milford & McCullough.

We shouldn't be expecting Milford to make 3 linebreaks a game and put in 5+ amazing kicks, he's not that type of player yet, we just need him sniffing around the ruck and backing himself.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

wouldn't think so necessarily ... Hodges is just the ultimate gamer.. no doubt he had enough time around norman to know he had a chance of getting a bite

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Yep. Literally my only memory of him is that moment he didn't dive on the ball ingoal, swiped at it like a Mong, fucked it up and they score. Heart the size of a pea, I was with the majority of people waiting on round 13 to make sure he didn't backflip.

Spot on.

Norman must be the only player to have signed elsewhere and had the supporters of his current club praying for rd13 to hurry up.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Good as it was, I would have liked a more aggressive defence like we showed against the Roosters. Faster line speed and hitting harder.

Milford's run from our line was what I have been waiting for all year. That run and try would have lifted his confidence a lot. His overall game I thought was a further step forward, limited a bit only by his still evolving understanding of playing 5/8 in the way we play him.

Still building cohesion. This side will soon be a force to be reckoned with.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Come to think of it, that Milf try reminded me alot of the Famous Inglis try against us last year. Poor kick by the opposition and Milf just slices through them.
Of course it won't get as much recognition or publicity because it wasnt a rabbitohs player who scored.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
surely our bet backline

1. boyd
2. kahu*
3. copley*
4. hodges
5. reed
6. milford
7. hunt

*kahu and copley will swap in their 20m he showed he can finish last year and it wouldn't feel right wasting kahu's kicking gam on the wing.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I wonder if anyone else in the side could have done what Milford did in his length of the field try ... including Boyd.

Damn I have been waiting for that Milford whatever position he plays.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Don't get me wrong, Reed had a better game than usual, but he didn't exactly do anything too convincing other than dive over the line for gift points. Give him another game or two on the wing before we start giving him spots

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Mighty Bronx
  • rnabokov
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncoFan94
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.