Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Gee that hit on Ofangahue by Burgess made me mad. He was entitled to tackle him but there is no doubt he really tried to hurt big Joe. Just a dog shot. Plenty of feeling in the game IMO. The Broncos defended well as usual. Macca being out for a long period during Origin could hurt but hopefully he isn't out too long. The Broncos attack could be much better if they stopped going left all the time. Jack Reed really knows how to blow a try. He is from the Josh Hoffman school of go yourself.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Great to get a win and sit 4 points clear for now. Hopefully Parra and the Sharks lose so we can start to put a distance between us and the field.

Eels are playing the Cows.

Surely we want the Eels to win (they are going to lose points in any event).

Best if Eels win and the Sharks and Storm lose.

In any event, we have the chance to get the Sharks off our heels next week.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Great to get a win and sit 4 points clear for now. Hopefully Parra and the Sharks lose so we can start to put a distance between us and the field.

Hopefully parra thump the Cowboys as they're going to lose points anyway

E- beaten to it

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Eels are playing the Cows.

Surely we want the Eels to win (they are going to lose points in any event).

Best if Eels win and the Sharks and Storm lose.

In any event, we have the chance to get the Sharks off our heels next week.

Yeah true...Love to see the Cowboys lose.Then drop out of the 8 lol

AceAv

AceAv

BRL Player
Apr 3, 2014
Great game and top effort from the boys. Gonna miss Macca. Hunt to bench behind knik for ol times sake? =P

We are really becoming serious juggernauts of the comp. I don't see a lot of teams beating us without a lot going the way.

Oh and how bad has the 9 commentry team become. It was almost as if they ignore how well Brisbane are playing and just talk about the bunnies next move for how to win.

3. Oates
2. Parker
1. Hunt

Last edited:
badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
not a fan of Milfs penchant for getting tackled on the 5th, and then taking 36 minutes to play the ball while appealing to the ref and shaking his head 60 times.

Someone needs to get that shit out of his game.

Can't understand how a team -in the offseason with Kahu, Roberts and Copley- is still playing Jack Reed.

shame we offloaded two guys who could potentially play hooker for qld these past two years. Good test for knik against the gummy sharks.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
not a fan of Milfs penchant for getting tackled on the 5th, and then taking 36 minutes to play the ball while appealing to the ref and shaking his head 60 times.

Can't understand how a team -in the offseason with Kahu, Roberts and Copley- is still playing Jack Reed.

shame we offloaded two guys who could potentially play hooker for qld these past two years. Good test for knik against the gummy sharks.

We won fella.

NRL Ladder - NRL.com

Just take a second and soak it in.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
so is there any confirmation about maccas injury? calf? kneee? acl?

Oztintin

Oztintin

May 9, 2014
I agree with you animal eater, Reed is pedestrian. He killed the attack down the left side on several occasions last night, the only time he delivered the ball to Oates was when Oates scored, and even then the pass was to early which allowed the defense to smash Oates as he score. I'm clearly not seeing what Bennett is seeing because I would have hooked him weeks ago. Reed is stifling the attack, Greg made him look like a turn stile last night. Last year they were calling Reed a defensive expert... He very rarely very rarely tackles front on, he waits for the player to be to his side before he tackles, because of this had often gets found out - players run around him or break his tackle attempts.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Really happy with the win.

I liked how we matched the aggression in the middle when we needed to in the 2nd half. But its been the issue as well this year playing down to the team we are against. In this instance however i think we needed to, to show souths we cant be intimidated.
The only issue we carried on that stuff a little long and conceded 8 points because of it. If we switched it off a little earlier and went back to our style we make that game look a lot better.

Has anyone else noticed in the last couple of weeks,( it hasn't worked yet but) it's the way we set the field on scrums on the right edge. Kahu comes in and Roberts sits on the wing with the idea of kahu creating space and putting jimmy away out wide. Simple but clever , it will pay off next week you watch.

Really hope its nothing serious for macca hes going to be missed.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Ese'Ese played pretty well for a guy playing his second nrl game: 8 runs for 90m.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Most times he did it last night it should have been a penalty. And obvious one.

His first bad game, where he was missing Glenn, and we're back to square one with him? Give it a break, he's in the team, get used to the fact and embrace it.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
The bench was awesome. Offa had a breakout game. The tougher it got the better he went. The trouble with the Burgess hit is that it's purely aimed to injure. Is the Nrl ok with that?

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Gus Gould mentioned during commentary, without having a go at Reed, that the amount of ball Jack got, and didn't produce anything for himself or Oates, had that been Roberts he would of scored at least three tries with that much space and possession, and I've got to agree.

I think our attack needs to stop using the left side exclusively as our point of offence, especially in the opposition 20. Its almost as if thats the only thing we set up for in the oppositions half in attack. As the season goes on, teams will be very much aware of what we're throwing and will shut it down quite easily. You do something too much, and it becomes predictable. The positive is that the left edge is something we can fall back on to get results if everything else goes to hell.

I think the best way to utilise our right edge and give them enough space is if we use the left side attack earlier on in the set to create the space on the right. If we can make a break down the left, this will drag the opposition defenders to that side of the field and we can then swing it back from left to right giving Hunt, Gillett, Roberts and Kahu ample space to work in.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
hope we don't lose Blair to suspension, I don't think there was much in it and Offas shoulder the the head was because Blair came in from the side and sandwiched Joe preventing him from wrapping his right arm... I can't believe how grubby those pricks were last night

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Ese'Ese played pretty well for a guy playing his second nrl game: 8 runs for 90m.

I agree. With limited minutes, he sure did his fair share and possibly more. There have been a few times that only Parker and McGuire have made over 100m for us. For Ese'Ese to do achieve almost 100m in such few possessions, and for the amount of time he was out there, it is a great effort.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I think what's pleasing was that we stood up to them, where previously the Souths pack, albeit they're missing key personnel from previous years, would pretty much bully every other team in the comp. Whenever Souths lifted a gear, we matched their intensity and some. We lifted and hit harder than them, ran harder then them, showed more desperation than them, and in the end we frustrated them with our defence. You can tell you've got a team right where you want them when they resort to niggle and dirty plays purely out of frustration.

Our senior players such as Blair, McGuire, Thaiday and Parker certainly have that mongrel and aggression through the middle third, and it seems the younger boys are stepping up as well. We never took a backward step, and if we keep that up, our pack will be able to match it with most forward packs in the competition. Hopefully one of our lads will smash Gallen next week.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.