Round 8 Discussion

**** off Widdop you spastic pom. Can't kick goals for shit every week you are my kicker. ****!!!

Don't listen to Gus .. He has no idea !
Looked like a try to Tupou to me... Seen a lot worse given.

The Roosters speed and strength up front is just killing the Dragons.

I thought Tupou had his fingertips on the ball there and grounded it on the line. At lest we were spared a Gould rant against refs.

May I ask why the referee stopped play after the Daniel Tupou no try? Witt was in the clear with Nightingale in support.. was probably a try at the other end if the referee didn't call time off, for some unknown reason.

Why would an opposition kicker bomb to Tupou?

Very resounding win by the Roosters and an improved performance is a great sign. Gus maybe right that a big occasion is maybe what the Roosters needed to spark them into action.

Warriors beat the storm scum, Tomkins man of the match.

The Warriors domination of the Storm continues.

Melbourne were really outplayed badly tonight...despite what the scoreline says.

Other results for tonight.

Sharks beat Panthers 24-20

Cowboys are thrashing the Eels 42-14 with 7 minutes left.

Hopefully that will keep the conspiracy theorists quiet for another couple of weeks...

Although, apparently Panthers were robbed.

So Dragons were robbed, Storm were robbed, Broncos were robbed, Panthers were robbed and I bet people are going to say Eels were robbed.

Some people just go overboard with it...

Last edited:
Other results for tonight.

Sharks beat Panthers 24-20

Cowboys are thrashing the Eels 42-14 with 7 minutes left.

Hopefully that will keep the conspiracy theorists quiet for another couple of weeks...

Although, apparently Panthers were robbed.

So Dragons were robbed, Storm were robbed, Broncos were robbed, Panthers were robbed and I bet people are going to say Eels were robbed.

Some people just go overboard with it...

Anyone that says a team that got beaten 42-14 was robbed, should be put down.

More controversy in the Dogs Knights game.
The Knights were awarded a scrum after a knock-on and the scrum packed. Just before the scrum got fed, the ref blew time out, pulled Gidley out of lock and said, "The video ref has looked at it, we're changing our decision, scrum feed to the Dogs".

The Dogs scored in the next set.

It looked 50/50 who actually did knock it on, but the point is, where is the consistency?
Usually, they say, "pack the scrum, we've made our decision". Suddenly, they decide the video ref can get involved.

Seriously, inconsistency is the major reason people hate refereeing decisions and here they go again.

Also great to see Alex McKinnon at the game tonight.

Amazing how Fox can never get their white balances right at certain grounds ... 'Blue' pictures at ANZ

This #5 for Newcastle who debuted last weekend has a bit about him ...

More controversy in the Dogs Knights game.
The Knights were awarded a scrum after a knock-on and the scrum packed. Just before the scrum got fed, the ref blew time out, pulled Gidley out of lock and said, "The video ref has looked at it, we're changing our decision, scrum feed to the Dogs".

The Dogs scored in the next set.

It looked 50/50 who actually did knock it on, but the point is, where is the consistency?
Usually, they say, "pack the scrum, we've made our decision". Suddenly, they decide the video ref can get involved.

Seriously, inconsistency is the major reason people hate refereeing decisions and here they go again.

Inconsistency is annoying, but they really need to allow decisions to be changed every time.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • Howzat
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • johnyE
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.