Round 8 Discussion

Only took 8 weeks for DCE to finally rise to the occasion.

By his standards and in other terms, pay cheque DCE has been pretty average. He's better than Hunt, but the question was always going to be whether he was better than Hunt and 2 or 3 other top line players?

Jury is out on that.

If we were offered DCE in a straight swap for Hunt, Thaiday and Hannant right now, I'd take it, but that's just me. Maybe I rate DCE a bit too highly.

If we were offered DCE in a straight swap for Hunt, Thaiday and Hannant right now, I'd take it, but that's just me. Maybe I rate DCE a bit too highly.

I think you do mate tbh. DCE is a great player and I don't think too many people would not want him at the broncos. But the fact is he comes with an enormous pay cheque and to justify that he should be putting in performances like that or close to it far more often. We would have to lose a lot to get him and I just can't see how it's worth it. Yes he is better than hunt, but not enough to justify it

Hunt isn't going to take us far if he doesn't develop his game past just being a blindside player.

I think you do mate tbh. DCE is a great player and I don't think too many people would not want him at the broncos. But the fact is he comes with an enormous pay cheque and to justify that he should be putting in performances like that or close to it far more often. We would have to lose a lot to get him and I just can't see how it's worth it. Yes he is better than hunt, but not enough to justify it

I've gotta agree with Alec in the sense that.. it's very debatable that it isn't worth it.

If I was to compare Hunt & Cherry-Evans in all aspects, kicking game, running game, passing game, leadership, experience, clutch, defense.. I'd probably give Hunt a C+ and Cherry-Evans an A

I've gotta agree with Alec in the sense that.. it's very debatable that it isn't worth it.

If I was to compare Hunt & Cherry-Evans in all aspects, kicking game, running game, passing game, leadership, experience, clutch, defense.. I'd probably give Hunt a C+ and Cherry-Evans an A

Hunt has been better than DCE is his running game, leadership and defense. DCE hasn't done much at all this year, but one good game against one of the worst teams at the moment and he earns this A? Haha

Hunt has been better than DCE is his running game, leadership and defense. DCE hasn't done much at all this year, but one good game against one of the worst teams at the moment and he earns this A? Haha

Did I say the rating was based on this season alone? Give me a break dude.

Cherry-Evans (25 years old) - 2010 QLD Cup Rookie of the year, 2010 QLD Cup Player of the year, 2011 NRL Rookie of the year, 2011 RFIL Halfback of the year, 1x NRL Championship, 1x Clive Churchill Medal (Losing team), 7 AUS caps, 2 QLD caps.

Hunt (24 years old) - 2008 U20 Player of the year.

Plz stahp.

Did I say the rating was based on this season alone? Give me a break dude.

Cherry-Evans (25 years old) - 2010 QLD Cup Rookie of the year, 2010 QLD Cup Player of the year, 2011 NRL Rookie of the year, 2011 RFIL Halfback of the year, 1x NRL Championship, 1x Clive Churchill Medal (Losing team), 7 AUS caps, 2 QLD caps.

Hunt (24 years old) - 2008 U20 Player of the year.

Plz stahp.

No but given the fact that this is Hunts first season in the 7 jersey and in all but one game has played better than DCE, I think Hunt deserves more credit.

No but given the fact that this is Hunts first season in the 7 jersey and in all but one game has played better than DCE, I think Hunt deserves more credit.

So.. you're backing up my point, thanks. DCE has been absolutely superb since his rookie season, verging on the best Halfback on the planet, a few poor games to start a season doesn't undo all his previous work.

DCE > Hunt, by an extraordinary margin.

So.. you're backing up my point, thanks. DCE has been absolutely superb since his rookie season, verging on the best Halfback on the planet, a few poor games to start a season doesn't undo all his previous work.

It's not an exceptional margin but I'm not going to argue the point with you anymore because you're being a douche about it

How did I even back up your point? All I said was his running, defensive game and leadership has been better than DCE's. And it is absolutely not an extraordinary margin. You can't really base how good Hunt is on his previous years because ridiculous team decisions hindered his abilities. But once he got his rightful number 7 jersey he has been playing better than DCE has been this year. I'm sorry but can we still say Barba is the best player in the NRL based on previous years? Absolutely not.

Wow. Unlucky Raiders!

For those still bummed about our loss, bear this in mind... After a very similar opening period, we fought tooth and nail to the end. Better to go down swinging then get steamrolled bell to bell...

How did I even back up your point? All I said was his running, defensive game and leadership has been better than DCE's. And it is absolutely not an extraordinary margin. You can't really base how good Hunt is on his previous years because ridiculous team decisions hindered his abilities. But once he got his rightful number 7 jersey he has been playing better than DCE has been this year. I'm sorry but can we still say Barba is the best player in the NRL based on previous years? Absolutely not.

So you're saying that this season is the only thing we can base players abilities off? Any form shown previous to 2 months ago is completely irrelevant?

I guess we won't be seeing Slater in origin then, Smith might also be in some trouble, McCullough has played better than him so far this season.

With Milford coming I'm Happy with Hunt as his partner. If Milford wasn't coming I'd be all for throwing cash at DCE.

I'd be more inclined to say that DCE is a long way ahead of Bhunt, it's whether Hunt can catch up to him that I'm truly interested in. I honestly think he can, given what he's shown so far. I don't think he'll ever surpass him but I think he'll get to the stage where the only think keeping him out of rep sides is DCE. Kind of like Smith and Farah...the only reason Farah isn't the 9 for Australia is because of Smith.

I'd be more inclined to say that DCE is a long way ahead of Bhunt, it's whether Hunt can catch up to him that I'm truly interested in. I honestly think he can, given what he's shown so far. I don't think he'll ever surpass him but I think he'll get to the stage where the only think keeping him out of rep sides is DCE. Kind of like Smith and Farah...the only reason Farah isn't the 9 for Australia is because of Smith.

I like your balls.

Wow. Unlucky Raiders!

For those still bummed about our loss, bear this in mind... After a very similar opening period, we fought tooth and nail to the end. Better to go down swinging then get steamrolled bell to bell...
Yep was disgusting, least we fought back in the second half. To be fair though you guys were headin in the same direction until the ref got you back in the game with your first 3 tries on the back of BS ruck penalties.

Defensively we've been going well this year, big improvement on previous years don't know where yesterday's capitulation came from.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.