Round 8 Discussion

Unreal game.
[automerge]1593691139[/automerge]
Brandon Smith's running. Wow. Our pack ought to watch endless replays of what a relatively small guy can do when he tries, when he sets his mind to it.
Yeah I love this guy, what a gun.

Last edited:
I wish we could play half as good as either of those teams did tonight. The forwards running hard brings a tear to my eye knowing ours just don't do it.

I wish we could play half as good as either of those teams did tonight. The forwards running hard brings a tear to my eye knowing ours just don't do it.

Overrated powderpuffs. All they hear about is how "good" they are and as a result, their farts smell like roses

Brandon Smith's running. Wow. Our pack ought to watch endless replays of what a relatively small guy can do when he tries, when he sets his mind to it.
Smith is Cam's go to... if they're close to the line Cam loves to fire one to BSmith for a quick ptb and then score off the back of it.

They went to BSmith twice in the set leading up to that try.

There's a reason why they don't want to let Harry go and it's because they want Brandon in the middle forwards making those runs.

I’d sign bsmith to play lock. The block is as wide as he is tall, hits hard and runs harder then every single one of our soft fancy pants forward pack.
[automerge]1593692166[/automerge]
Is tino a qlder? I see he was born in orange nsw but lived up here? I know we originally had him and he’s going to Gold Coast I’m more asking about qld.

Last edited:
I’d sign bsmith to play lock. The block is as wide as he is tall, hits hard and runs harder then every single one of our soft fancy pants forward pack.

Well, TPJ and Fifita, and Patty aren't too far off but the others, yeah. And then we have Staggs.

It would also help if we could have a bit of momentum in the middle instead of standing flat footed. Both these sides tonight are experts at building and capitalising on momentum

Last edited:
Is tino a qlder? I see he was born in orange nsw but lived up here? I know we originally had him and he’s going to Gold Coast I’m more asking about qld.

Yeah mate, came up through Gympie, has been on the radar since he was 13.

Well, TPJ and Fifita, and Patty aren't too far off but the others, yeah. And then we have Staggs.

It would also help if we could have a bit of momentum in the middle instead of standing flat footed. Both these sides tonight are experts at building and capitalising on momentum

Every forward we have is standing waiting and once they catch the ball they look up and then think they can start stepping. Run onto the ball and just cart it up ffs

100% agree.

You can't just put the ball on the ground without getting to your feet. It was smart from Finucane but by the rules he should have been penalised for an incorrect attempt.
It was similar to Ponga's one against us

100% agree.

You can't just put the ball on the ground without getting to your feet. It was smart from Finucane but by the rules he should have been penalised for an incorrect attempt.

Friend had a brain fart though. how many times out of 100 would a ref penalise Finucane instead of Friend? If Friend didn’t touch him, let alone push him, there’s at least no penalty against him

Friend had a brain fart though. how many times out of 100 would a ref penalise Finucane instead of Friend? If Friend didn’t touch him, let alone push him, there’s at least no penalty against him

I agree in this environment it was always going to be a penalty, but the rule is black and white. You've got to be on your feet to play the ball, and Finucane plays it with his knee on the ground. It should have been penalty Sydney right then and there, but for whatever reason, we have these rules that don't get policed properly.

It really shouldn't have gone that far either, there shouldn't be golden point. Unfortunately the game values entertainment over fairness.

Last night during the Storm/Roosters game Gus Gould mentioned that at Lang Park they were washing their balls throughout the game. It is now obvious why Victoria is experiencing a further outbreak of Covid as they are only washing their hands down there.

So that Cotric try was momentum.

Despite the fact that he clearly promoted his ball carrying arm?

Must be a regional dialect.

So that Cotric try was momentum.

Despite the fact that he clearly promoted his ball carrying arm?

Must be a regional dialect.
just the video ref refusing to overrule the onfield ref... they also know that dickheads from channel 9 and former players will complain about momentum if it's overruled "GotTa wAtCh iT In rEal TiMe"

clearly propelled himself forward with his left arm.

Last edited:

Active Now

• mrslong
  • john1420
  • Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • bazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • Manifesto
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.