Round 8 Discussion

I disagree with that call to be honest. He knocked the defender over and denied him a chance at firstly competing for the ball and secondly tackling the player who has taken the ball. I would have said no try and cowboy's penalty.

Some of the calls these NSWRL sides get are amazing. That one just now against the Cows, holy shit if that was us it's no try every day of the week for obstructing the catch.
[automerge]1593772510[/automerge]
I disagree with that call to be honest. He knocked the defender over and denied him a chance at firstly competing for the ball and secondly tackling the player who has taken the ball. I would have said no try and cowboy's penalty.
If it was us it would have been no try, don't you worry.

Last edited:
I can't stand the Eels but their shapes are fantastic. Gutho as an extra ball player at 1 constantly the last pass on backline tries. The width on Mahoney's passes to beat the compressed defensive lines, the forwards namely RCG and Paulo pinning the ears back and bending the line whilst also getting quick play the balls, and then legitimate strike backrowers who love to offload.

Getting 95% of calls go your way, and Mahoney throwing every 2nd pass out of dummy half forward without being pinged for them certainly helps but they are a very well balanced side this year.

Do the eels get the most 6 agains.
They'd have to be up there. Ennis was explaining how Cummins gives the least heading into this weekend and he gave 2 to the Eels whilst Ennis was still babbling.

Whilst I do think they are getting some favourable calls on them, and in general, the forwards running hard and fighting for the quick PTB all the time I think also helps them get plenty

Last edited:
There is a very, very real possibility the three Qld teams are the worst three teams in the comp this year (Warriors don't count because their issues or not entirely in their own control). Thank goodness we have the Sunshine Coast Storm.

What a difference Gutho would make to our side.

Marsters has to be one of the worst signings of the year

How did the eels get so good.. Brad Arthur was on the brink of getting sacked one year. Is this the same path Seibold is taking??

Kyle Feldt having a sook haha love it.

I hope The Cowboys get the same blowtorch applied to them this week as The Broncos have on the NRL media. With a far more experienced squad they have let more points in and scored less than we did against Parramatta.

I hope The Cowboys get the same blowtorch applied to them this week as The Broncos have on the NRL media. With a far more experienced squad they have let more points in and scored less than we did against Parramatta.

I had to laugh at their bench a hooker, utility, back rower and a young lock. How did they think they would compete with parras pack

Imagine if TPJ or a Broncos player did that headslam that RCG just did. (Yes I know it looked worse than it was but we'd still miss weeks)

Also amazing how often and easy the Eels are getting overlaps on their left edge.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Kev_Guz
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • IceWorks
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Don
  • mitch222
  • Midean
  • Scorchie
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.