Round 8 Discussion

It was close, but it wasn't simultaneous and therefore Best has illegally taken Funa out of the contest.

I could understand missing it in real-time, but how the video referee botches it I have no idea. Did Joey go on his usual 'the game isn't played in slow motion' rants?

I'm not saying the bunker should utterly without error but the amount of blatantly incorrect calls coming out of there is concerning.

This spray at the referee from Fonua-Blake is gonna be a good one

Oh man, he'll get weeks for that.

Last edited:
If we go into the dogs game not expecting a fight they will bend us over. They are playing gritty footy atm and DWZ is having some good touches.

We're putting 50 on them.

Absolutely no doubt the vid ref is listening to the commentary.
Dwz gets ball stripped , brandy says lost with contact, vid ref repeats the same.
Nobody has called them on it yet

This spray at the referee from Fonua-Blake is gonna be a good one

Oh man, he'll get weeks for that.

Calling the ref a " fucking retard " ( which is a disgusting word to use in any situation imo ) should wipe him out for the rest of 2020. If they want players to have standards, now is their chance to clamp down on rubbish like that.

Absolutely no doubt the vid ref is listening to the commentary.
Dwz gets ball stripped , brandy says lost with contact, vid ref repeats the same.
Nobody has called them on it yet
I have no doubt they do. They always seem to magically line up with the commentators opinion. It's uncanny.

Calling the ref a " fucking retard " ( which is a disgusting word to use in any situation imo ) should wipe him out for the rest of 2020. If they want players to have standards, now is their chance to clamp down on rubbish like that.
Excuse me, but that’s a very drastic punishment for my Star vrl forward. *cough*

Be very interesting to see what Su'A gets for his shoulder charge from that game. Imo it was worse or at minimum equal to Offa's.

No doubting Offa's had the Broncos tax applied so Su'A will probably miss no games with a plea.

Be very interesting to see what Su'A gets for his shoulder charge from that game. Imo it was worse or at minimum equal to Offa's.

No doubting Offa's had the Broncos tax applied so Su'A will probably miss no games with a plea.
They will come up with some BS to say he was wrapping an arm blah blah. Def equal or worse than Offa, but we will see.

Sua and TPJ would've been unreal if they played 10 years ago

Joey Leilua only got 4 weeks.

Hit with a Grade Three Dangerous Contact.

Only 4 weeks.. That was intentional and on a player that didn’t even have the ball. There’s a fair amount of inconsistency here.

Yes a bit rich but goes to show how frustrating the players are becoming with a string of incompetent decisions. I'd be blowing up too. What are the NRL doing about the horrendous decision not to award a penalty??

Addin Fonua-Blake will get a 2 match suspension with an early guilty plea for calling Atkins a "fucking retard". charged with a grade 3 contrary conduct charge.

i expected a fine of some description

Greg McCallum (Former referee and match review chairman) says he should be suspended for 5-6 weeks

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • LGH
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • peter09
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.