Round 8 Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That's better from Averillo, he's one of the best runners they have and yet he rarely gets an opportunity to back himself. Reed should have covered the space better, but Jake is extremely quickly. It finally gives something for the Dogs to cheer about.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm going to take a stab at this for you @Wolfie.

It's because they're NSW through and through. A talented group of individuals who are capable of playing a quality brand of footy but boy don't they know it. For all the bluster they really haven't always delivered in the key moments and when things go against them their true nature comes out.

Then to really seal the deal, Gus is their biggest cheerleader and he can be terribly obnoxious.

This. Plus Cleary, the epitome of a NSW media darling.

DanG

DanG

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
One thing you can always be happy with as a dogs fan they always keep trying

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Great ball from Flanagan to put Allan on the outside of his man.

It all comes back to Meaney's try saver on Dylan Brown. That would have wrapped the game up, now the Bulldogs have a chance to steal the game in the final quarter of the game.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Great run from Sivo right as it appeared the Bulldogs were about to win the set. Made a good half-break which caused Waddell to give away the set restart and on the back of that the Eels just steamroll through the Bulldogs. In the end Cartwright swings over to the right hand side and puts Niukore through a nice gap to seal it.

Frustrating stuff from the Bulldogs. Waddell really didn't have to give away the set restart.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Great run from Sivo right as it appeared the Bulldogs were about to win the set. Made a good half-break which caused Waddell to give away the set restart and on the back of that the Eels just steamroll through the Bulldogs. In the end Cartwright swings over to the right hand side and puts Niukore through a nice gap to seal it.

Frustrating stuff from the Bulldogs. Waddell really didn't have to give away the set restart.
I think Parker was right, should have been a penalty really.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Looks like Nathan Brown may have torn a hamstring.

Watch it be an Achilles or ACL.

Fingers crossed for him and the Eels.

Luckily I checked match threads before unloading on Brad Arthur only playing him 37 mins

Damn you and your contagious injury curse @Mister Wright !

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
A comfortable victory for the Eels, they had all the field position and territory in the first half and the Bulldogs just couldn't get into the contest. The Eels players seem to really understand their roles in this game and they rarely pushed a pass. Moses in particular just focused on his kicking game and constantly kept the Bulldogs pinned inside their own 10m zone.

Once again Cartwright had a strong game off the bench and seems to be relishing the opportunity to inject himself where he sees fit.

The Bulldogs weren't completely hopeless I thought there were some good individual efforts but it's just chaining plays together that's preventing them from really competing against the quality sides. I think Barrett needs to tinker with the 17 and put the right players into the right roles. I'd start off with Adam Elliott being pushed back into the middle, Allan to fullback and go from there.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Why is the knights player trying to scoop up the ball again???

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
rout coming.... thought Newcastle would be a chance this game, but they're in all sorts

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncsgoat
  • Rough and Ready
  • theshed
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Stix
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.