vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a pretty fair indicator of how bad he's going that nobody really even acknowledged his dropping.

He's been comfortably the most disappointing player this year, it was only a couple of years ago that he was running for 200+ metres every game and scoring pies for fun, now he's a complete liability defensively and under the high ball, struggles to make any impactful runs out of our own end and is even struggling to finish off straight-forward try scoring opportunities.

His career looks to be going the way of Chris McQueen. Came into first grade as a lanky winger and made an immediate impact, eventually shifted to the backrow when the speed and mobility started dwindling. Completely irrelevant by their mid-late 20's because they're not strong enough or skillful enough to play 80 mins in the 2nd row every week.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if we've already seen the best of Oates and his career goes downhill extremely fast from here on out.
Another career assassination by pies

I remember when Oates equaled the club record for most tries in a match and should have broken it.

Where has that Oates gone to?

I remember when Oates equaled the club record for most tries in a match and should have broken it.

Probably the same places most of the team has gone we dont know...

that disappeared when Boyd stopped feeding him cutout Balls all game under everyone’s request that Boyd never play full back again

that disappeared when Boyd stopped feeding him cutout Balls all game under everyone’s request that Boyd never play full back again
'All game' ???

Be lucky if he threw one decent pass a week in his last couple of seasons at Fullback, which certainly didn't make up for the fact he was almost entirely responsible for personally averaging more than one conceded try every single game before he was finally moved on.

There are entire matches in 2019 where Boyd was so inneffective in defence you could basically play by play remove him from the frame and then press play and it wouldn't have made even a slight difference to the outcome.

Last edited:
'All game' ???

Be lucky if he threw one decent pass a week in his last couple of seasons at Fullback, which certainly didn't make up for the fact he was almost entirely responsible for personally averaging more than one conceded try every single game before he was finally moved on.

There are entire matches in 2019 where Boyd was so inneffective in defence you could basically play by play remove him from the frame and then press play and it wouldn't have made even a slight difference to the outcome.

He wasn’t as bad in 17-18 as he was last year. All of this these players have been shit forever is just skewed by how fucked they’ve been from 19 onwards

He wasn’t as bad in 17-18 as he was last year. All of this these players have been shit forever is just skewed by how fucked they’ve been from 19 onwards
I agree 2019 and 2020 have seen steep declines, but if we're being honest, things were on steady decline as far back as 2017. We were absolutely rinsed by Melbourne in the finals in 2017 and then again by the Dragons in our own backyard in 2018.

Wayne undoubtedly kept us more competitive week in week out than Seibold, but even he couldn't actually get this playing group into genuine contenders. We've been 'bottom of the 8' standard for a long time now and in truth him leaving probably highlighted just how bog average many of our players really are the moment the Coach isn't at basically the top of his field.

Wayne may have stemmed the bleeding and with Seibold we're now seeing what happens when the bandages are totally ripped off, but honestly, this patient was never going to get better either way until the roster had a significant cleanout.

Last edited:
Neither of our wingers get the ball. Our ball movement is so slow and we stand so flat that we are lucky to get more than two passes wide.

All our wingers really do is chase kicks and take early hit ups.
This has been a major criticism I have had of this club, with the odd exception sprinkled in here and there, for years, regardless of who the coach is.

We stand too shallow in attack, have virtually no shape and barely get the ball past our back rowers (if that).

What I wouldn’t give to see Haas standing out on an edge (even just as a decoy) so we could either put him up against their half or have him draw in defenders and go out the back to the back-rower / centre / winger.

Same goes for Fifita when he is back. We have two of the biggest, most nimble / agile and damaging ball runners, and simply don’t use them.

This has been a major criticism I have had of this club, with the odd exception sprinkled in here and there, for years, regardless of who the coach is.

We stand too shallow in attack, have virtually no shape and barely get the ball past our back rowers (if that).

What I wouldn’t give to see Haas standing out on an edge (even just as a decoy) so we could either put him up against their half or have him draw in defenders and go out the back to the back-rower / centre / winger.

Same goes for Fifita when he is back. We have two of the biggest, most nimble / agile and damaging ball runners, and simply don’t use them.

If everyone could stop describing what a good football team would do, that'd be great. It's making me really sad.

Broncos by 24.. I know we are bad, but we can win this. Even a win though wont mean anything yet. Just paper over the cracks until we play a good side.

Broncos by 24.. I know we are bad, but we can win this. Even a win though wont mean anything yet. Just paper over the cracks until we play a good side.
Oh God...

Now I feel sick the same way I did when there were people on here talking about us beating the Roosters 13+ based on a 'gut feel'.

Oh God...

Now I feel sick the same way I did when there were people on here talking about us beating the Roosters 13+ based on a 'gut feel'.

I'm confident if we click a bit better we can beat the warriors.

At this stage I will happily take a 1pt win in the 11th minute of golden point.

Bring on the floggings, bring on the spoon, i don't see any change unless drastic shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • bazza
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Astro
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.