vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos by 24.. I know we are bad, but we can win this. Even a win though wont mean anything yet. Just paper over the cracks until we play a good side.
This team isn't capable of beating anyone by such margins. I know we are only playing a "pick up" side whose organization is in an even bigger mess than the Broncos right now but they are under absolutely no pressure whereas the Broncos are under the weight of the RL world.

Flip a coin for this one but if the Broncos fall short, it will be the lowest point in their decorated history. Seibs will have to flee the State and hide out in Mullimbimby for a few days.

After a week of near hysteria (myself included) it has become painfully obvious that the top brass are willing to admit that Siebs is struggling and needs help, but they are adamant that they have chosen the right guy and they will stick by him.

There is no bye this year for Siebs to take a breather and take stock so he is going to have to fix this slump on the run. A few points to ponder:

1. They say a confident manager has no qualms of employing someone who may turnout to be better than themselves. I'm not sure this will happen in our case.
2. Our defence is our number one priority. This entails a) teamwork, b) working for each other, c) doing the 1 percenters, d) discipline and fitness, and finally e) attitude. a,b, c, and d are largely contingent on e. So it is essential there is a change in attitude throughout the club. This means owning the issue/problem/ whether it's perceived as the club not getting a fair shake or not. The attitude needs to be OWN IT and get the job done. Play to the whistle, head down, bum up and grind for the full 80 minutes no matter what is thrown at you.
3. We are humstrung with a number of players on huge contracts who are not performing. This is a given, so Siebs needs to grasp the nettle and tell them perform this week or your dropped. If we're in a rebuilding phase then let's get fair dinkum about it. If seniors don't want to put in - then see ya later give the young guns the rest of the season to get used to NRL. Hell, ensure the board sits down with them and reassures them that the primary aim here is to get them game time and so long as they are trying the results are secondary. We must draw a line in the sand now and make it be known that phoning it in will no longer be tolerated at this club.
4. Our shirts are an absolute abortion - change them now ffs!

Last edited:
I'm confident if we click a bit better we can beat the warriors.
It's incredibly sobering to think that we're at the point where we need to click and actually play better to be able to beat this Warriors side. It's 100% true though.

Last edited:
Just watched the Storm-Warriors game last night and they are not going to be easy beats that's for sure. The 50-6 score line was misleading as they went to toe-to-toe with Melbourne in the opening 5-10min stints of each half and also had like 3 tries disallowed/bombed.
They have more shape and structure in attack and defence wise, they aim up well too. They might be inexperienced in the forwards but the backs are all NRL quality. Big plus for us, is them not having RTS but Hiku and Beale are serviceable and Fusitua and Maumalo won't have trouble getting them out of their own end.
They will look for a fast start like they did against Melbourne, and if their passes stick and defence is on - our lads could be pantsed yet again.

Surely...surely we can't lose 6 in a row :xxxx:

After a week of near hysteria (myself included) it has become painfully obvious that the top brass are willing to admit that Siebs is struggling and needs help, but they are adamant that they have chosen the right guy and they will stick by him.

Not having a go at your comment as I think it's accurate. But it's a ridiculous hail mary to try and save face. The last roll of the dice before they have to admit they're wrong.

Broncos to win 52-6. Warriors to get a lucky try in somewhere. Our road to the 2020 premiership starts now! Undefeated for the rest of the year!

Xmas in July, eh?

if the club wanted Siebold out they would have done so by now...

I dont think his future is tied to the next 2 games at all; we should win them, but i can also see how we become the light that sparks a Warriors/Bulldogs revival also...

Both games are toss of the coin stuff really...

My main concern thats beginning to develop is theres a enormous gap betwen ISC and NRL level, as a few of the debutants this season have shown

The Clive Berghoffer centre is turning into a slaughterhouse where young aspiring NRL hopefuls have their careers killed...

These kids, Niu, Bullemor, they arent the answer to our problems...yet they are spoken about as if they can turn it around for us..

Its sink or swim time; i dont regard what they are expected to do for the run-on side as "development", there is a risk of damage to confidence, to their pysche...how is that development of young talent?

ALbeit no lower grades this year thus far isnt helping anayone right now....

Last edited:
So...a prop goes out and they bring a winger/second-rower...who was being made an example of...so nothing actually changes once again...anyone surprised?

So...a prop goes out and they bring a winger/second-rower...who was being made an example of...so nothing actually changes once again...anyone surprised?
Funny I just posted the exact same observation. Though I did say winger/pretendy second rower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • westy316
  • Galah
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • simplythebest
  • Fozz
  • jd87
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosMan
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.