vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys realize that he explained this decision before round 1, right?

you guys realize that he explained this decision before round 1, right?

And we all praised Croft's efforts in rds 1 and 2

Last edited:
We've only ever lost one game with Turpin starting at hooker: the Eels this year, and he broke his leg in that game while making 64 tackles.

We also had a phenomenal winning record with Nikorima at Halfback in his first season starting, doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Based purely on the eye-test I would say Luke has performed better this year than Turpin. Luke actually has a really intelligent game, it was his vision and speed out of dummy half that lead to the Niu line-break (and what should have been a try). I don't think Turpin has that type of vision yet.

I think they'll be a very good Hooker duo though, don't really mind who starts and who comes off the bench. You'd probably start Turpin to absorb some punishment and bring Luke on for impact.

I think Seibold is really struggling to develop a coherent, organised middle with the cards he has been dealt.

It is also interesting to review our posts in the threads following our 1st two winds when we were praising Croft for taking control of the team, maybe not as well as Cronk would have but that is the whole point isn't it.
I thought he was shit the first 2 games too. I have not been a fan of his since I was at the pantsing at the hands of Melbourne live last year and he was so awful for them in a team that was all over us.

I thought he was shit the first 2 games too. I have not been a fan of his since I was at the pantsing at the hands of Melbourne live last year and he was so awful for them in a team that was all over us.

My thoughts and feelings were optimism. However, I am still struggling to explain our slide since those 2 wins scrappy though they were, although good for essentially a new spine.

I still maintain that our shoddy defence goes a long way in explaining our defeatist mentality - when we are being dominated in the middle, without the ball and field position because of largely poor defence, it makes us crumble.

There is nothing more motivating than to see your defence hit hard and stop attacking moves dead in their tracks. That is why the Roosters and Eels are so good. Pretty much their entire success is built on their defence.

Last edited:
There's a bunch of shit happening at training according to media.

Oates looks to have been dropped for Isaako
Boyd initially came out in the yellow reserves bib with Coates training at centre, but later came out and trained in the centres himself

Nobody really knows what's going on.

Edit: Looks like Darius is in the 'rehab group' and is in doubt.

Last edited:
Good question, i always thought it was a bit strange that Croft was jettisoned into the 'leadership group' (or before school care as one of my mates now calls it) straight after signing with us.

Wonder if Seibs had to over promise a bit to Croft to get him away from Melbourne...

A leadership group without a true leader in the middle where it was needed.

There's a bunch of shit happening at training according to media.

Oates looks to have been dropped for Isaako
Boyd initially came out in the yellow reserves bib with Coates training at centre, but later came out and trained in the centres himself

Nobody really knows what's going on.

Edit: Looks like Darius is in the 'rehab group' and is in doubt.

Boyd won't be dropped, we all know that.

Oates getting dropped is a step in the right direction, I think he's been objectively the most disappointing player this season overall. If Seibold has the stones to leave Darius out as well he's back in my good graces for the time being.

This would presumably by the team if what's being reported is true:

1. Niu
2. Farnworth
3. Coates
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Flegler
9. Luke
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Dearden
15. Oates
16. Kennedy
17. Te'o

Without a solid defence, we are nothing, no matter who plays where.

For our team in particular, everything depends on our defence. No team, least of all a team with a developing spine, can play and win off the back foot
[automerge]1593478560[/automerge]
Oates getting dropped is a step in the right direction, I think he's been objectively the most disappointing player this season overall. If Seibold has the stones to leave Darius out as well he's back in my good graces for the time being.

This would presumably by the team if what's being reported is true:

1. Niu
2. Farnworth
3. Coates
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Flegler
9. Luke
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Dearden
15. Oates
16. Kennedy
17. Te'o

Farnworth should be in the centres, wing only if Boyd plays. Coates is a weapon on the wing, or rather, can be if we kick to him as we did a few games ago

Last edited:
Farnworth should be in the centres, wing only if Boyd plays. Coates is a weapon on the wing, or rather, can be if we kick to him as we did a few games ago
Yeah I agree.
How much football has Coates played at centre anyway?

Yeah I agree.

Yes. Good question, and also, Farnworth has done well in the centres so far. I honestly can't understand why Coates into the centres when he can be a try scoring whizz on the wing as he has shown.

The only argument for Boyd is the "theory" that his experience is a big help in defence. Hmmm

Last edited:
Yeah I agree.

I'd take one of the Broncos dance squad over Boyd at this stage. Seeing his name in the team list now is just synonmous with losing and losing hard.

Yeah I agree.
Who cares
As long as Boyd and Oates are as far away from the side as possible it’s a good thing
A card cutout would be doing a better job than these two currently

Reactions: LGH
Yes. Good question, and also, Farnworth has done well in the centres so far. I honestly can't understand why Coates into the centres when he can be a try scoring whizz on the wing as he has shown.

Whilst Coates is obviously a weapon under the high ball, he makes a LOT of mistakes, offensively and defensively. Shifting him to the centres could be a tactic to simplify his game a bit, reduce the pressure on him to score a spectacular try every time the ball goes in the air.

He's also a bigger body that Farnworth, so should presumably handle the defensive workload of the centres a little bit better, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't mind it though, tactically speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • something
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bongo
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.