Round 9 - Broncos vs Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win a game, lose a game, win a game , lose a game.

I think it's a bit harsh on the later. I thought we was playing a better game than I've seen him play.
I am starting to see the Jack Reed resemblance now. Bloke doesn't pass. At least Reed was a strong runner and made metres.

I've said it few times this year but we just don't seem to play as a team. We have a lot of individual brilliance but we have zero cohesion in anything we do.

It's a worrying sign we are 9 rounds in and there is no sign of improvement. We still look as ordinary in attack as we did in round 1.

For the first time in years we actually have a competitive forward pack that matches it with the best but we are just unable to do anything with it.

Just so infuriating to watch when you consider how good we could be.

Of all the things to complain about tonight, our kicking game is not one of them.

They've already had multiple 7 tackle sets. Bird's only kick was a bomb that made 10 metres or less, Boyd's kicks have been awful, Milford's have been decent, you can't reliably win Rugby League games with 1 person on a 17 man roster who can kick.

By ball play you mean dummy and run inside the opposition 20?

10000000 x better then bird who has no f###ing clue what he is doing. If Nikorima comes on and gets an opportunity I bet he kills it!

They've already had multiple 7 tackle sets. Bird's only kick was a bomb that made 10 metres or less, Boyd's kicks have been awful, Milford's have been decent, you can't reliably win Rugby League games with 1 person on a 17 man roster who can kick.

Another point of mine. With bird playing 7 we literally have one person capable of kicking and he is average at best

lol@broncos?

Yet again, pathetic half of football. We have all of the possession, all the attack in their half and we are still losing. Disgraceful errors like Roberts passing to Issako when Issako was clearly marked, Milf kicking on 2nd tackle to Oates which was executed horribly, dropped balls, penalties.

Does anything ever change with this team?

You could almost call 2018 the year of the grind from the attacking performances we've seen across the comp so far this year and Bennettball buys straight into that methodology. It's just frustrating and uninspiring to watch. We're lightyears away from the quality we showed in '15.

Reactions: Dee
10000000 x better then bird who has no f###ing clue what he is doing. If Nikorima comes on and gets an opportunity I bet he kills it!
I'll bet that he gets the ball inside the opposition 20 does what he does every week. Dummy and run. It's all he does. And it works sometimes which is great.

You could almost call 2018 the year of the grind from the attacking performances we've seen across the comp so far this year and Bennettball buys straight into that methodology. It's just frustrating and uninspiring to watch. We're lightyears away from the quality we showed in '15.

We had a halfback who was playing well.

With all that possession we have had with a decent halfback we score a couple of tries.

We looked so much better in that one play (repeat ONE) where we offloaded. It kills me seeing a genius like TPJ not being able to utilise one of his best assets, just imagine if SBW got told by the coach not to offload...

I'll bet that he gets the ball inside the opposition 20 does what he does every week. Dummy and run. It's all he does. And it works sometimes which is great.

What about the 30m cut out ball first time he touched it against the storm which hit the winger on the chest and we scored?

I am starting to see the Jack Reed resemblance now. Bloke doesn't pass. At least Reed was a strong runner and made metres.

I agree, I see they cut him out quite a lot to make sure the ball makes it to Oates, but I think he's been pretty solid tonight with his running and defence. That kick was pretty good too.

Some will say it doesn't really matter if we win. I can understand that. Problem is we will very rarely beat the top teams playing that way.

What about the 30m cut out ball first time he touched it against the storm which hit the winger on the chest and we scored?
What about all the other terrible shit he's done on the field? He wasn't playing well. He is a bench utility and that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Big Del
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.