vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must exclude the misses where he doesn’t get a finger on them / flops to the ground / Slowly sprints off the tryline and overshoots leaving his winger doomed.
Yeah, pretty sure the stats gatherer deliberately skewed the results to fit the pitchfork brigade's agenda. I'd say he/she kept all those faults in for all the centres bar Boyd just so Boyd looked better.
I mean, what other explanation can there be?

Be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks..Aside from Bird we should be at full strength which gives us a lot more options.

Yeah, pretty sure the stats gatherer deliberately skewed the results to fit the pitchfork brigade's agenda. I'd say he/she kept all those faults in for all the centres bar Boyd just so Boyd looked better.
The Broncos currently lead the league in worst defence (235 points conceded).

But it's fine, darius will save us because he is a great leader and prodigeous try scorer.

Re-sign him. Best captain the club has ever had.

Last edited:

But it's fine, darius will save us because he is a great leader and prodigeous try scorer.

Funny thing, it's not the often maligned Boyd that's a defensive problem is it?Boyd isn't the captain and it's not his sole responsibility to lead but according to the defense stats he IS leading. Another thing, he's announced he's retiring at the end of this season so what's the crap about re-signing him? Why bang on about captaincy? Not his job.

Well if darius wasn’t there it’d easily be double the amount of points conceded.

Broncos also lead in the least metres gained - so we are the worst on both sides of the ball.

Our centres aren't great or even good but the real problems is every one inbetween the two centres. We are allowing too many metres against us and not making enough.

It’s not a very representative stat for centres’ defence really. Their reads in defence are much more important to an edge defence than tackle effectiveness. Boyd leaves his winger with a 3 on 1 at least once a game.

It’s not a very representative stat for centres’ defence really. Their reads in defence are much more important to an edge defence than tackle effectiveness. Boyd leaves his winger with a 3 on 1 at least once a game.
I suppose if people don't think the stats tell the truth they can contact NRL 360 and point out the error of their ways. I just think so many posters make the most irrational leaps to justify their preconceptions. I've seen literally hundreds of posts over the last few years claiming Boyd has terrible defence yet the evidence contradicts that view. So, what is correct or more likely? The evidence or the perception ?

Remember when we used to talk about potential game plans in these pre-game threads.
Like "Foran is their only semi-creative player, we are going to need to shut him down...."

Remember when we used to talk about potential game plans in these pre-game threads.
Like "Foran is their only semi-creative player, we are going to need to shut him down...."

We are probably going to need to shut down their worst player too this time.

We are probably going to need to shut down their worst player too this time.
We are gonna make Jeremy Marshall King look like Cam Smith 😆

Even if we shutdown 17 of their players I would still back us to find a way to get beaten.

Last edited:
We’ve got to come up with some sort of attacking game plan other than getting Coates to take an intercept.

47lr0g

so, we had players breaking down in tears after last week....

Does someone put a gun to their head and blow their brains out on live TV if we get beaten this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• barker
  • broncotville
  • lynx000
  • Midean
  • Waynesaurus
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • theshed
  • Shane Tronc
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.