Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I dont really think he has been. He has been monstered against pretty much every side apart from the atrocious doggies ( and thats understandable with his age ). I dont think he has been poor, but i just dont think he is ready, especially in a poor Broncos side.

I still dont and never have seen anything with him that makes me think he will be a top player though like a lot of people do. Plenty said the same about Issako, i didnt agree there either. I think we tend to overhype some of our young blokes. We need to let them develop before we throw them in. I think Seibold approach will stunt the growth of some of them.
[automerge]1594465524[/automerge]

I'm not judging him based on just him from what i've seen in the last few games tbf. Its over the last year or so.

I agree with what you’ve said. I just think he’s quite a bit better than Isaako, who is a cheap Josh Hoffman. I also don’t see him being elite but he looks like he has a lot of potential and is doing a good job despite his age.

Fucking hell give the kid a break. He looks fine for someone so young and early into his career.

I dont see in him what i saw in some other young fullbacks with comparable reputations.
[automerge]1594466137[/automerge]
I agree with what you’ve said. I just think he’s quite a bit better than Isaako, who is a cheap Josh Hoffman. I also don’t see him being elite but he looks like he has a lot of potential and is doing a good job despite his age.

I agree with @Unbreakable, he looks like when he develops a bit more, he will be a better center than fullback.

Last edited:
Still not seeing anything is Niu's game that makes me think he is elite in the making. Certainly can't see how Badel thought he was a better prospect the Locky or Hunt at fullback. Truthfully, he hasnt done any more or less than Issako at fullback. He just isn't ready imo.
We haven't had a good fullback since Hunt. Hunt was elite. To be completely honest, the only truly elite back we have had since Karmichael Hunt was Yow Yeh. Oates was good, but even at his prime he was always prone to some pretty bad errors.

Peter Nolan is terrible at his job.

We haven't had a good fullback since Hunt. Hunt was elite. To be completely honest, the only truly elite back we have had since Karmichael Hunt was Yow Yeh. Oates was good, but even at his prime he was always prone to some pretty bad errors.

Peter Nolan is terrible at his job.

Barba was elite on either side of playing with us. Terrible during his time here though.

Well I think what this says to me is that this is not a 'structure' team but rather an 'ad-lib' team.

That's what Seibold needs to embrace, sure a couple of simple plays but ultimately hard direct running, supporting the forwards looking for offloads, good kick chase and let the boys keep the ball alive and play a bit. Then just work on that defence to recover from errors.

I guess truly that's how we have always played, we are not the Storm.

Not to mention players like Staggs, TPJ and Fifita are not players you should hinder by clamping them into a structure with their talents. They are guys who just individually make their opposite numbers look stupid.

All we have to do structure wise is just work out how to create space for them and put them one on one and they’ll do the rest.

Also don’t think it’s a coincidence that the last time we put TPJ up front and used him in short stints and had him pick a battle with one of the leaders of the opposition forward pack was when he single handedly murdered Taumalolo and the Cowboys last year. Maybe we have worked out the best way to use him?

Remember when Thaiday had become a plodder and we used the same tactic and moved him up front and used him in short stints to pick a battle with JWH which he played one of the better games of his career. This tactic isn’t just a coincidence anymore. Surprised it hasn’t been used more often

Remembering that it was the bulldogs, I thought TPJ had is bi-annual 10/10 game. His performance tonight really does reinforce his flat track bully stance in the game.

Carrigan was quite immense, very proud of him and hope he captains the side very soon.

Another player who stood out who wasn’t great or very well polished was Niu, he made some errors and was well off in his timing but he was enthusiastic and had a high participation rate. The errors and polish can be fixed with practise but the effort and willingness to be involved was the key for me.

People who are 50/50 on him need to remember this is his first win in his short NRL career and he has been playing behind a very disjointed side in attack.

Would love to see him when we win a few games and get some more confidence in him and once we have a full team on the park that has more attacking threats to take the heat off him at the back.

good feeling too to know you have a few strike weapons coming back into this team; poor old Raiders have now lost Josh Hodgson...thinks its a ACL injury....

Those guys are in the exact opposite situation to us.....footy a cruel mistress alright...

That’s why I am annoyed we are likely not going to be in the finals.

Because as deplorable as we are at the moment, this competition is going to be a Bradbury title hands down. It’s going to be survival of the fittest and any team that is in reasonable health come finals could win it with the amount of injuries to teams occurring every week. Like you said Canberra’s season is practically over if ACL is confirmed for Hodgson. Manly’s season has been crueller by injuries to key players. Roosters are dropping like flies but still have enough class but another big injury and you would assume they would be beatable.

Storm, Panthers and Eels are the ones in decent shape at the moment but even then both Storm and eels are missing their key half to injury. It’s a lottery at the moment in terms of injuries.

I think any time you win a game and have no injuries are worth double in this comp.

That was probably one of Pangai's better performances.

That's why I want him in the middle third, mainly at lock, because when he gets his hands on the ball as much as possible, he can change the game. When he's in that sort of mood, he's one of the better players on the field.

He's wasted a bit on the edge. He doesn't get the ball as much which means less second phase play.

TPJ - 5
Haas - 4
Carrigan - 4
Nui - 3
Coates - 3
Milf - 2.5
Luke - 2
Boyd - 2
The rest have much room for improvement.
Nearly all our forwards lifted tonight, I think the backs were shocked with having so much room and so much ball in the opposition half.

The win will improve the mood around Red Hill, let's see if they can go back to back now.

Hope they still remembered the words to our team song.

Milford got MOTM. wtf.
Should have been TPJ or Haas.
#### ME PINK!!!
Isaako was better, at least he scored two tries....
I know he made a couple of errors but these guys are not exactly playing champagne football and Isaako has done more right than wrong.
By the way this is not an Isaako tribute, more an observation on the absurdity of Milford getting MOTM.
Sure he had his moments but he didn't exactly dominate the match.
[automerge]1594467902[/automerge]
I concur. I'm pretty disappointed by how slow he is tbh, he looks like he SHOULD be fast, but he's really not.

He's going to need to develop a serious passing and kicking game if he wants to be an elite Fullback.
Yeh, agreed.
I'm not hating on him but I don;t think he has the wood on Isaako generally speaking.

Last edited:
Niu is 18, even KHunt wasn't quite top tier at that age. I don't think he'll be our long term option, but he still had a great game tonight. As an 18 year old, he has looked better than Isaako or the modern Boyd, which is something to cheer about, just like winning a rare game.

Last edited:
Still not seeing anything is Niu's game that makes me think he is elite in the making. Certainly can't see how Badel thought he was a better prospect the Locky or Hunt at fullback. Truthfully, he hasnt done any more or less than Issako at fullback. He just isn't ready imo.

Read into it what you will, but I have heard on multiple occasions now from seperate sources that there has been a certain player manager that has the same initials as an Italian Serie A team who won a Champions League with Mourinho in 2010 (who also might have a large number of clients at a certain Brisbane NRL club) that has let’s say ‘deposited sums of money’ into certain journos bank accounts to overhype his clients in the media to extract maximum and inflated values for his clients to line his back pockets.

When you piece absolutely everything together, and look at the common theme and why our cap is in a hot mess, it’s hard to ignore it.

That’s why I am annoyed we are likely not going to be in the finals.

Because as deplorable as we are at the moment, this competition is going to be a Bradbury title hands down. It’s going to be survival of the fittest and any team that is in reasonable health come finals could win it with the amount of injuries to teams occurring every week. Like you said Canberra’s season is practically over if ACL is confirmed for Hodgson. Manly’s season has been crueller by injuries to key players. Roosters are dropping like flies but still have enough class but another big injury and you would assume they would be beatable.

Storm, Panthers and Eels are the ones in decent shape at the moment but even then both Storm and eels are missing their key half to injury. It’s a lottery at the moment in terms of injuries.

I think any time you win a game and have no injuries are worth double in this comp.

I agree, I don’t think we’ll make the finals this year unless we have a massive turn-around, but it’s worth nothing we are currently, somehow, only one win out of the 8... If we somehow beat the Tigers next week, we’ll be on the same points as them, obviously our F/A is horrendous, but there are 11 rounds remaining ...

It’s a ludicrous season in reality.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • jarro65
  • Mr Fourex
  • The True King
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  • Strop
  • Hurrijo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.