Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

good feeling too to know you have a few strike weapons coming back into this team; poor old Raiders have now lost Josh Hodgson...thinks its a ACL injury....

Those guys are in the exact opposite situation to us.....footy a cruel mistress alright...
Another one ? Poor bloke !

Line speed was a lot better as was our tackling. That's a very good positive.

Agreed...much better. and the result....a win.

We must get rid of these handling errors next. Issako and Fledgler always good for 1 or 3 every game. They're killing us.

We dropped the ball at least 6 times tonight in poor field position which would have cost us the game against any quality team.

That being said, getting the monkey off their back even if it's for a week will be good for them mentally.

Flegler and Isaako.... wow guys... that was really poor ball control. Oates in there with the trademark simple drop every game too.

Stop handing over the ball so much and play for 80 mins instead of 20 mins in each half and we'll do much better.

Starting to see why bellyache cut croft loose. Guy just Hunt'd a kick off and doesn't bring half the running game Ben does..... never thought I'd really miss Hunt, even 2020 Hunt.

Still not seeing anything is Niu's game that makes me think he is elite in the making. Certainly can't see how Badel thought he was a better prospect the Locky or Hunt at fullback. Truthfully, he hasnt done any more or less than Issako at fullback. He just isn't ready imo.

I concur. I'm pretty disappointed by how slow he is tbh, he looks like he SHOULD be fast, but he's really not.

He's going to need to develop a serious passing and kicking game if he wants to be an elite Fullback.
Coates seems to think he's quicker than him , and Hodges also said that he's quick.

Still not seeing anything is Niu's game that makes me think he is elite in the making. Certainly can't see how Badel thought he was a better prospect the Locky or Hunt at fullback. Truthfully, he hasnt done any more or less than Issako at fullback. He just isn't ready imo.

I was with you until that second last sentence. He just ran for 200+m and his positioning had him taking kicks on his chest all night, starting us off in good field position. He also has shown a handy little passing game for try assists 2 games in a row. He’s a vast improvement on Isaako.

Last edited:
I thought he'd improved massively since last week.

Bit harsh on judging him with the state our team has been in . He put up good stats tonight, as long as he keeps improving I'm happy.

giphy.gif

Thank. ****. For that.

Player rankings coming up soon, but Pangai Jr was MOTM by the length of the Brisbane River.

Two things about Nui. He has a great footy brain for FB play, positioning and support play however I a little disappointed with his speed. He looks slow. Maybe I'm wrong but I like a FB to be really quick, at least off the mark. I thought he was on the whole too easy to tackle bringing the ball back. Papps running just then to score the Storm try was what I mean - acceleration to burn the defence. Hope Tesi's speed gets better as he develops

Last edited:
I was with you until that second last sentence. He just ran for 200+m and his positioning had him taking kicks on his chest all night, starting us off in good field position. He also has shown a handy little passing game for try assists 2 games in a row. He’s a vast improvement on Isaako.

I dont really think he has been. He has been monstered against pretty much every side apart from the atrocious doggies ( and thats understandable with his age ). I dont think he has been poor, but i just dont think he is ready, especially in a poor Broncos side.

I still dont and never have seen anything with him that makes me think he will be a top player though like a lot of people do. Plenty said the same about Issako, i didnt agree there either. I think we tend to overhype some of our young blokes. We need to let them develop before we throw them in. I think Seibold approach will stunt the growth of some of them.
[automerge]1594465524[/automerge]
Bit harsh on judging him with the state our team has been in . He put up good stats tonight, as long as he keeps improving I'm happy.

I'm not judging him based on just him from what i've seen in the last few games tbf. Its over the last year or so.

Last edited:
I dont really think he has been. He has been monstered against pretty much every side apart from the atrocious doggies ( and thats understandable with his age ). I dont think he has been poor, but i just dont think he is ready, especially in a poor Broncos side.

I still dont and never have seen anything with him that makes me think he will be a top player though like a lot of people do. Plenty said the same about Issako, i didnt agree there either. I think we tend to overhype some of our young blokes. We need to let them develop before we throw them in. I think Seibold approach will stunt the growth of some of them.
[automerge]1594465524[/automerge]

I'm not judging him based on just him from what i've seen in the last few games tbf. Its over the last year or so.

I agree with you, he gets carried back each time he returns the ball, made some errors tonight and was well off.

He is trying though, he’s putting himself out there and having a go, trying link plays and supporting line breaks, he definitely gets a pass mark and afforded more time to see what he can do.

Agree. Doesn't look ready to me either, struggles to make any metres with his runs, gets driven back regularly, has minimal speed, below average passing, no kicking game. Poor defensively.

I think he's got a better chance of being a good centre than a good fullback.

Niu is way better at fullback then Isaako. At the very least, he sniffs around the ruck looking to get involved. Never saw any of that from Isaako. Isaako is barely NRL level.

I don't think Niu is the elite fullback we're looking long term for but I love his involvement for a young bloke.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Thelmus
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • Dash
  • Skyblues87
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.