Round 9 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Just finished watching it. We have the best middle in the game complimented by the worst 9, 7, 6. If you had Arey and Hodgson (even in his current form) we win the game by 20+ with the field position Haas and Lodge gifted the spine in the first half.

I thought Isaako played really well apart from that one mistake, comfortably outplayed Holmes. Also, the refs were fucking shit, but it’s not surprising or shocking anymore: you just except sub-standard performances from them and random, game turning calls like that last six again.
If you have Reynolds then Hodgson is mostly redundant and vice versa.

Both bring the same thing (albeit in different positions) and one would be sufficient. We’d be better to look for a Dummy Half with a strong running game if we could jag Reynolds.

Where was the desperation to stop the field goal?

Same thing happened in the Penrith game when the whole damn world could see Cleary was setting up for that 2-pointer, and no one bothered rushing him. Need a player like 2015 Adam Blair flying out of marker at the kicker.

• Isaako is the most frustrating player to watch. You see the talent, but the crucial errors kill me man. Even though I'm not sure he was ever going to get that ball before Lemuelu, he just seemed so half-assed the way he ran over. I think this is a real issue, there seems no desperation from him on defence

The concerning thing is that he was making the same type of errors and misreads in that preseason game (was it against the Cows as well?), and nine games into the season he hasn't really shown any improvement in that area. TPJ also saved him earlier in the game, diffusing a grubber under the posts (I thought Tevita should have had a crack at getting back into the field in that instance, actually, but can't blame him for taking the safest option).

I like Isaako and I'd love to see him succeed, I really would, but perhaps he just doesn't have the footy IQ to play fullback, despite the other talents he clearly has.

TPJ also saved him earlier in the game, diffusing a grubber under the posts (I thought Tevita should have had a crack at getting back into the field in that instance, actually, but can't blame him for taking the safest option).

if you watch it, the ball comes free and he has no choice but to make sure it goes dead

I think we're definitely improving and aren't as bad as we were last year. It feels like we're close to putting it all together. Being able to name the same or close to the same starting side every week helps.

Throw in staggs whos generally good for a try every match and we win that. If we can sign a good halfback and another quality player next year we'll be looking pretty good.

On another note, when do the bullshit once in a career trys against us stop. Last week it was the bounce of the ball this week its Feldt scoring a try no one will ever do again. I know its no ones fault but our rotten ass luck and random shit always happening to us is what i cant handle the most because we have zero control over it.

Our completion rate in the second half was terrible. Then we just got more and more gassed in defence. Their kickers got more and more time to kick that’s why they were able to launch those torpedo bombs higher and higher. It all came to the final kill where we could barely put any pressure on the field goal attempts.

I think we're definitely improving and aren't as bad as we were last year. It feels like we're close to putting it all together. Being able to name the same or close to the same starting side every week helps.

Throw in staggs whos generally good for a try every match and we win that. If we can sign a good halfback and another quality player next year we'll be looking pretty good.

On another note, when do the bullshit once in a career trys against us stop. Last week it was the bounce of the ball this week its Feldt scoring a try no one will ever do again. I know its no ones fault but our rotten ass luck and random shit always happening to us is what i cant handle the most because we have zero control over it.
To be fair we did have control over that try. #1 Corey came in off his wing again.. #2 We had 3 players holding him and no one secured his arm.

What a game! I’m gutted. 6 up with 6 to go in the Cowboys’ half, we should’ve won that game but I don’t want to be too critical. The effort from the Broncos was on show across the board. We just lost the clutch moments.

I was confident we would win this game. But Taumalolo is back and I have to give credit to Jake Clifford. His kicking game was the difference. His torpedo bomb not only caused the Isaako error but we couldn’t match his booming kick metres.

We are improving and will be better for the experience. Remember, we have had a rough draw so far.

What a game! I’m gutted. 6 up with 6 to go in the Cowboys’ half, we should’ve won that game but I don’t want to be too critical. The effort from the Broncos was on show across the board. We just lost the clutch moments.

I was confident we would win this game. But Taumalolo is back and I have to give credit to Jake Clifford. His kicking game was the difference. His torpedo bomb not only caused the Isaako error but we couldn’t match his booming kick metres.

We are improving and will be better for the experience. Remember, we have had a rough draw so far.

Totally agree. Even losses like this aren’t bad when you consider where this side has come from. They may not have won but they were the better side for the most part and competed up to their eyeballs, our side is definitely competitive again and is definitely pointing in the right direction now. Yes a win would have been better but this is the next best thing.

Anyone think Corey Oates didn't go out on TPJs potential try?

... No one really made any note of it , but he looks like he got the ball away mid air as he was going over the sideline

Anyone think Corey Oates didn't go out on TPJs potential try?

... No one really made any note of it , but he looks like he got the ball away mid air as he was going over the sideline
Yep, they showed one quick replay, looked like he got it away. I wish we had have challenged it (if we could have).

Just in Gamble, he hurt his shoulder but prior to that he he a pretty heavy head clash that wobbled him except everyone was too focused on Carrigans ACL in to notice because they occurred in the same incident. There’s a decent chance he was pretty foggy that second half, and nursing a crook shoulder
The Turpin paradox: a standard issue skills guy playing out of this skin can lift the team, but he's bound to run out of puff or break if the team relies on it. We now have two massive motors in the spine, who are all heart. The other pair need to lift. Well mainly Milford. Isaako needs some one-on-one training. Kevvie needs to make sure he doesn't turnstile one like this again:

I'm just really happy we competed for 2 weeks in a row. Kind of 3/4 if you throw the Eels game out.

I've been looking for improvement from Kev, and THAT is massive improvement.

Probably our best month of footy since 2019.

This team is absolutely desperate for a class halfback.

If we had Reynolds we win yesterday, we beat Penrith, and we are actually in the top 8.

2-3 smart signings and this is a finals bound team next year.

So this just happened.

PhilGould15 on Twitter

How many times has this dope shut down his account only to return shortly after?
Probably gets embarrassed of the complete shite he drivels when he sobers up. Referring to players by their club singular etc. Cringe as ****.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • BooKhaki
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Spoon
  • mystico
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.