Round 9 Discussion

I thought the Eels no try was fair. The defence was attempting to come over to cover, they were impeded, the Eels player stepped through that gap.

There was a Storm one though where the decoy was running through and the Storm defender literally dived sideways in to them, initiating the contact, and they were given the penalty.

I thought the Eels no try was fair. The defence was attempting to come over to cover, they were impeded, the Eels player stepped through that gap.

There was a Storm one though where the decoy was running through and the Storm defender literally dived sideways in to them, initiating the contact, and they were given the penalty.
That one you described was lame as, and I could not believe it was given. I know it makes sense, but I hope Kevvie resists the temptation to coach the team to follow suit. One of the key reasons I fell in love with RL was the fact there was an unwritten rule that they would have no truck with players feigning injury to con the ref into a penalty or indeed jeopardise a fellow player's ability to earn a crust.

Nowadays, that sentiment is fast becoming sentimental as players are now deliberataly running into the opposition and claiming foul play. I know this is strictly subjective but the real blatent ones should be jumped on and the instigators severely punished. Otherwise this cancer will continue to fester and eventually ruin our game (or what's left of our game).

The introduction of the 6 again rule was a bad call.

It hasn’t enhanced the product, it’s ruining it. Too many blowout scores, and if your team is on the receiving end of it then you’re gonna switch off pretty early which is going to affect ratings. There also seems to be an increase in injuries since the introduction of the 6 again rule.

The introduction of the 6 again rule was a bad call.

It hasn’t enhanced the product, it’s ruining it. Too many blowout scores, and if your team is on the receiving end of it then you’re gonna switch off pretty early which is going to affect ratings. There also seems to be an increase in injuries since the introduction of the 6 again rule.
if they tinker with it and make the first ruck infringement on the first tackle an automatic penalty then I'm sure there will be a bit more leeway for teams to swing momentum and get out of trouble.

Don't mess with the Roosters.

First the bunker officials sacked, now Dylan Brown charged with a grade 3 dangerous conduct. he'll miss 3 weeks with an early guilty plea
Nothing for Robinson who openly questioned the official's competency? I mean he said they "were incompetent" ffs. So a straight out breach, but - look over there a squirrel!

Listening to Triple M footy segment today and one of the hosts was calling out the state of the current product. Listed the blow out scores, the relentless injuries, the bunker decisions, and the speed of the game as being off kilter and needing to be discussed and addressed.

The co-host was quick to shut the conversation down but it was good to hear concerns being raised.

Literally the first time I've heard anything from the media slightly negative towards the present state of the game and some of the rule changes coming under scrutiny.

Nothing for Robinson who openly questioned the official's competency? I mean he said they "were incompetent" ffs. So a straight out breach, but - look over there a squirrel!

I haven't seen anything reported about copping anything ... I guess it's open slather on refs now in the post match press conferences with this new precedent

Literally the first time I've heard anything from the media slightly negative towards the present state of the game and some of the rule changes coming under scrutiny.

The media love Vlandys ... probably because he gave them a sweetheart TV rights deal. he probably even put in a clause that prevents them from saying anything negative about him

The media love Vlandys ... probably because he gave them a sweetheart TV rights deal. he probably even put in a clause that prevents them from saying anything negative about him
Very true but I think it's becoming too obvious now that something isn't right.

The multiple 50-0 score lines every week have to be a serious concern to even the broadcasters, not to mention the bookies.

The media might have his back but there are far too many other vested interests involved for the new rules to become a big talking point now.

Listening to Triple M footy segment today and one of the hosts was calling out the state of the current product. Listed the blow out scores, the relentless injuries, the bunker decisions, and the speed of the game as being off kilter and needing to be discussed and addressed.

The co-host was quick to shut the conversation down but it was good to hear concerns being raised.

James Graham was criticising the rules yesterday too and the blowouts, but they moved past his point very quickly.

Very true but I think it's becoming too obvious now that something isn't right.

The multiple 50-0 score lines every week have to be a serious concern to even the broadcasters, not to mention the bookies.

The media might have his back but there are far too many other vested interests involved for the new rules to become a big talking point now.
On 360 the other night one of the journalists was praising it for bringing in fatigue and as a boon for lighter players. I don't agree it's great but he does have a point too. I think some coach might try my slow ptb suggestion at some point in an effort to double the time his team has the ball and to create more recovery time for his team especially if they are constantly being crushed by 6 agains. Yeah yeah I'm insane yada yada...

On 360 the other night one of the journalists was praising it for bringing in fatigue and as a boon for lighter players. I don't agree it's great but he does have a point too. I think some coach might try my slow ptb suggestion at some point in an effort to double the time his team has the ball and to create more recovery time for his team especially if they are constantly being crushed by 6 agains. Yeah yeah I'm insane yada yada...

Look at all the injuries though. Not only is it an inferior product now and lacking in interest due to the blowouts plus the fact only 2 teams really can win it now unless they also get injuries, actually plus the fact the salary cap isn't doing its job, the number of injuries is making it worse. Are the injuries due to fatigue? I'd argue it would certainly be playing a part, so there is the potential for suing based on shortened careers down the track as well. The game is in a bad state right now and will only get worse with the idiot in charge who thinks he can do no wrong.

if they tinker with it and make the first ruck infringement on the first tackle an automatic penalty then I'm sure there will be a bit more leeway for teams to swing momentum and get out of trouble.
You just make them full penalties when it's inside your own 50m.

The time you need a 6 again is when the opposition are defending their own try line, as it stops them from halting play every 30sec to reset their defence

Phil Gould has been lamenting that the little guy hasn’t been able to make a difference for a decade and the halfback pipeline being poor.

Why is anyone surprised the six again allows the little guy to dominate late in a half?

Get rid of it, keep the other stuff: I don’t remember ever thinking “gee it sucks getting a penalty on our 10m line so we can kick for touch, I’d much rather another six tackles (on tackle 1)”

Just watched Robinson’s presser. Jeez i Know he felt hard done by but he comes across as a real miserable sod.

I'm still keen to sign Kris, I really rate him even just as more than solid depth. I reckon he could be a cheap centre option, has a real Meninga feel about him.

I'm still keen to sign Kris, I really rate him even just as more than solid depth. I reckon he could be a cheap centre option, has a real Meninga feel about him.

what would make his signing better is he is actually a Queenslander

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Strop
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.