Round 9 - Penrith Panthers - Pre Game discussion

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Would be a very safe back 3 with Boyd kahu and Maranta. At last I'll feel comfortable about teams talking the high option against us.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
If Moylan doesn't play the Panthers are screwed. Without their first choice halves directing them around Moylan has been the one setting up his men and is being used as the playmaker, if he doesn't play they will lose a lot of strike power. We should win this game if Moylan isn't playing.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Here is what I reckon we will throw up

1. Kahu
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Oates
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorama
15. Wallace
16. Garbutt
17. Lowrie/Stagg/Molo

Its good to have Kahu back so we can shift Oates to the second row to cover for Thaiday and Glenn's absences.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
I actually think this would be a good game for Boyd to come back into. If the Panthers are as understreangth as is being reported Boyd getting a run now would be ideal. Start with some combination on kahu Maranta and Boyd, If he's going OK leave him be but if his match fitness isn't quite there we can shift oates back onto the wing. But honestly if Boyd isn't upto fullback he should still be able to push out 80mins on the wing.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I actually think this would be a good game for Boyd to come back into. If the Panthers are as understreangth as is being reported Boyd getting a run now would be ideal. Start with some combination on kahu Maranta and Boyd, If he's going OK leave him be but if his match fitness isn't quite there we can shift oates back onto the wing. But honestly if Boyd isn't upto fullback he should still be able to push out 80mins on the wing.

I don't mind that. Get Boyd to play the first half, then Kahu to fullback, Oates to the wing, and one of the bench players or Blair to play out the match in the back row.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I don't mind that. Get Boyd to play the first half, then Kahu to fullback, Oates to the wing, and one of the bench players or Blair to play out the match in the back row.

or just put nikorama on the wing for the second half. We will need at least 3 forwards on the bench with Thaiday and Glenn out who play close to 80. I think Macca will play some lock for this game too

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
or just put nikorama on the wing for the second half. We will need at least 3 forwards on the bench with Thaiday and Glenn out who play close to 80. I think Macca will play some lock for this game too

That too!

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Damn @BroncosAlways ypur SVRL team suffers another injury. Can you even field a fully fit team this week. :laugh:

Something's evil with your team, all 3 players you've traded me have gotten injured.

That depends, is Boyd back ?! FML

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Damn @BroncosAlways ypur SVRL team suffers another injury. Can you even field a fully fit team this week. :laugh:

I dont know what @BroncosAlways team looks like, but this year so far ive had injuries / suspensions to J Graham, A Reynolds, D Taylor, Nightingale, Mateo, Simona and now G Bird. Struggling big time! Alos been holding Boyd all year

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Is a relief for my supercoach team, but if he wasn't playing this weekend the Panthers attack would have been horrific, he brings so much to the team, his attack is superb - his defense is shit!!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Well let's hope he's underdone. Target the hands when tackling and if his injured one is painful, he may tend to hold the ball in one hand when running so look for loose carries. Spiral and floaty bombs look pretty, but just go for height so that when the ball comes down to him it'll thud and hurt.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
BRONCOS:

1. Jordan Kahu

2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges ©
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:
14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Francis Molo
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Alex Glenn is a surprise, and no Boyd a bit of a disappointment... but the biggest one is... no Dale Copley!

Glad to see Ofa back!

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • OzeMike
  • Strop
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • RodF
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Jedhead
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.