Round 9 - Penrith Panthers - Pre Game discussion

Norths Devils

1. Ryan Millard 2. Kainga Turner 3. Dylan Galloway 4. Joel Bailey 5. Rogan Dean 6. Sam Foster 7. Sean Loxley 8. Matt Mizzi 9. Krys Freeman 10. Francis Molo 11. Rhett Webster 12. Brett Greinke 13. Todd Lowrie
Interchange: 14. Byron Creighton 15. Billy Solah 16. Richard Tuala 17. Josh Afoa

The Broncos website has him playing for Norths.

If Bennett were playing a bit of selection strategy, you really think the Broncos official website would blow his cover? Not likely.

Where did you hear that?

Moylan said on social media that he is definitely playing.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/matt-moylan-breaks-his-hand-causing-further-disruption-to-nsw-blues-state-of-origin-preparations/story-fnp0lyn3-1227336920438

If Bennett were playing a bit of selection strategy, you really think the Broncos official website would blow his cover? Not likely.

Do I care? I'm just letting people know what the website says.

Apparently Ashley Taylor is playing for the Magpies this weekend, yet he's not named for the Magpies or the NYC Broncos.. I'm just saying that the team lists aren't always updated.

The interesting thing about Molo's selection for Norths is that it isn't just a copy and paste job. Molo wasn't named in Round 8, so you'd assume they've got a good idea of his availability.

As most of us gathered, it's far from the final team.

I have seen molo named in both teams before. Aso Copley may not have been named but neither was Vidot for the jets, they are quite inaccurate.

It has caused a lot of debate already and I know maranta has been solid for us but to keep Copley out is a hard one. It's a Bennett plan going for the safe option and yes it's good to have maranta there in case Boyd/kahu goes down coming back from injury but Copley can break a tackle, can step and can cross that line better than most in our back line if given half a chance.

I rather him in the side but probably a good thing he gets a full 80 at centre to work on a few things as well

I have been a staunch supporter of Copley but he has not done too much this year. With Milford defending in the centres I can see the reasoning for having Reed one further in rather than Copley.
Hoping Boyd makes it back pushing Oates to the bench instead of Molo

I really hope panthers have there best team back, and we beat them. I wanna beat a full strength(good side) not a depleted(good side) dumb if they play Moylan in my opinion a fullback needs there hands more than anyone and his only got one :/. Good luck tho.

I really hope panthers have there best team back, and we beat them. I wanna beat a full strength(good side) not a depleted(good side) dumb if they play Moylan in my opinion a fullback needs there hands more than anyone and his only got one :/. Good luck tho.

Interesting how the Titans flogged the Panthers team that looks a lot like this one from memory, yet the Panthers flogged the Titans with their probably full strength side.

I think Boyd will replace Molo on the bench and play 60 minutes. I just hope he doesn't play Origin.

Dunno WTF is up with the Copley selection.

After being moved around continuously in the backline and having a lesser game, Copley out in favour of Reed or Maranta boggles the mind, especially given Reed has been really bad except one game where he played... wing.
For better or worse, that is Bennett to a T... and Reed is the type of player he likes and won't easily give up on.

This game will be treacherous. We may go into it a little too comfortable, what with Penrith missing so many players, especially if Moylan is indeed out, and end up suffering the same fate as the Sharks in the last round... I hope WB has them primed.

Copley has been pretty shit so far so I don't see the big problem. Reed is better defensively and even if he offers less in attack, Bennett would rather concede less points and win a gritty affair than try and have a shootout. Defence wins championships and all that.

It will be interesting to see how kahu performs now that he's back in the 1, maranta while not setting the world on fire in attack was safe as a house at the back.

I don't have an opinion on Molo.

We should beat them provided Soward doesn't have a blinder.

Last edited:
Sure it is obvious that Copley has plenty of running skills. That said, his defense in the centers last game was dismal at best. What I am liking about Wayne's approach is you had better have the basics down, effort must be high or you are going to be in the lower grade. Frankly, I like that approach.

Sure it is obvious that Copley has plenty of running skills. That said, his defense in the centers last game was dismal at best. What I am liking about Wayne's approach is you had better have the basics down, effort must be high or you are going to be in the lower grade. Frankly, I like that approach.

Unless your name is Jack Reed, apparently

Reed 104 tackles 10 missed tackles

Copley 54 tackles 10 missed tackles.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.