5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan (starts or doesn’t play at all)
14. Glenn
15. Flegler
16. TPJ
17. Offa

Roberts can leave. He doesn’t want to be here.
If that is the case I agree in which case club would need to give him an immediate release otherwise they should pick him to play. If he is not considered good enough for the starting side then he should be made to play in the Intrust Super comp. Either way I don't want him sitting on his ass doing nothing at our expense.

I can't see how it's a good move to start Carrigan at lock. He is still an absolute rookie, and lock for mine is the most important defensive middle forward. I just don't think he isn't ready for that starting role. Offa ought to be lock even though his form is uneven. However he has the experience to handle that role. Carrigan is a real asset off the bench along with Flegler and TPJ with either Fifita or Staggs as the utility.

Roberts must be on his last warning. His form is shit and last week he let in 2 simple tries through appalling defence.

I also can't see Seibold moving Boyd from FB although I too would like to see Bird at the back and Boyd in the centres.

Manly are beatable, no doubt about that. I just hope Seibold doesn't limit Dearden to a partial half back role as he did last week. Big mistake. That decision screwed our attack by overloading the left side and confusing the right.

I really, really hope Brisbane gets a fair bit of rain next week, especially during the games. The field will be a complete mess by Sunday. Then the NRL can see just how short-sighted and stupid this Magic round bullshit really is.

I would play Haas at lock and TPJ at prop for 20-25 minute high intensity stints.

Forecast for this week is beautiful clear skies. But since when does a forecast mean anything...

I can't see how it's a good move to start Carrigan at lock. He is still an absolute rookie, and lock for mine is the most important defensive middle forward. I just don't think he isn't ready for that starting role. Offa ought to be lock even though his form is uneven. However he has the experience to handle that role. Carrigan is a real asset off the bench along with Flegler and TPJ with either Fifita or Staggs as the utility.

Roberts must be on his last warning. His form is shit and last week he let in 2 simple tries through appalling defence.

I also can't see Seibold moving Boyd from FB although I too would like to see Bird at the back and Boyd in the centres.

Manly are beatable, no doubt about that. I just hope Seibold doesn't limit Dearden to a partial half back role as he did last week. Big mistake. That decision screwed our attack by overloading the left side and confusing the right.

Carrigan is a great option to have as a lock if we want to keep things tight defensively. Must admit, i still prefer him at prop, but he can handle lock no worries at all. I wouldnt worry at all about his age. He has an old head on young shoulders. On top of that, he is way more suited to starting games than coming off the bench. Him or Joffa would be fine right now at lock.

I really, really hope Brisbane gets a fair bit of rain next week, especially during the games. The field will be a complete mess by Sunday. Then the NRL can see just how short-sighted and stupid this Magic round bullshit really is.

Wow. Sunny in your suburb today or do you have the single cloud in all of Brisbane over your house?

If we truly believe the season gone, then play Carrigan in the run-on side, otherwise play offa. I've got a feeling Carrigan will be in the run-on side next year for sure. and I'm not sure TPJ will be around at all from the sound of it. I'd still give carrigan a go at some stage on the run-on team this year but if we are competing for a spot in the 8 (looking grim but still possible I suppose), then offa would have more cohesion with the other players. Playing Carrigan as a bench prop then makes sense as he has a simple, defined role, whilst the lock can be more involved, depending on the coach and team. Either way there is'nt much between them as players anyway at this stage (with carrigan have a lot more potential).

Carrigan is a great option to have as a lock if we want to keep things tight defensively. Must admit, i still prefer him at prop, but he can handle lock no worries at all. I wouldnt worry at all about his age. He has an old head on young shoulders. On top of that, he is way more suited to starting games than coming off the bench. Him or Joffa would be fine right now at lock.

I am a great fan of Carrigan (along with Fifita and Staggs). They are a seriously good players with enormous talent, and skills. I would just give Carrigan a few more games off the bench to build his confidence, and, importantly, to add real impact off our bench. Then definitely start him, as prop, and maybe lock towards the back end of the season.

As some other posters have already stated, I would also love to see Bird moved to fullback.
Boyd to centre or to push Isaako out of them team completely.

I think Bird would add a lot of intensity to the position and it may even spark something in the rest of the team.

I’d also like to see Carrigan get more minutes.

I'd like to see Bird at fullback this season too, purely in hope that he still isn't a complete dud signing, maybe he could make something of it.

So long as he loses the dickfingers, I’ll be happy starting our sets on the 30m at least instead of the 10

I'd like to see Bird at fullback this season too, purely in hope that he still isn't a complete dud signing, maybe he could make something of it.
I think Bird is as likley as any player to hit some serious form soon. The man wants the football. I would love to see him at fullback for us.

Bird has been great besides some piss poor hands. He has been giving Oates some great ball, runs with real intent, is hard to tackle, has been defending well enough. He goes sideways too much but I think that’s a symptom of him trying to make something out of nothing because he isn’t getting great ball.

I have no issues with Bird crabbing around the field. Hancock did it and was revered for it, why not Bird

I haven’t seen as much of him as you have wolfie but from what I have seen he seems to me like he would be a good lock. Looks like he would clean up a lot of the stuff in the middle of the field and make a heap of tackles. Doesn’t seem like he would run for 100m+ every game but with Carrigan starting it allows TPJ to drop to the bench.

TPJ needs a huge fucking rocket and starting from the bench allows him to come on and make an immediate impact. What I don’t want to see is Pangi coming straight back into the starting side after one good bloody game though. If he puts 5 or 6 good games back to back then perhaps but he needs to know 1 good game out of 8 isn’t far from acceptable.

Last edited:

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Manlyman
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.