PRE-GAME Round 9 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Let’s gone the Turpinator

(ps hurry up and throw a contract at Grant already Seibs)

If Macca is gone, SURELY the Broncs throw a contract offer at Grant and make the Storm out to be bad guys if they don't release him.

What about Perese from the Reds? I'm starting to rate Shibasaki in the same boat as Pearson, solid in QCup but nervous nellies at NRL level.
Kenner was terrible at Souths, why sign him at the 1st place. Anyone know if Vudogo is playing in the lower grades atm?

Vudogo cant even make Qcup and Perese has done nothing in Qcup this year.

If Macca is gone, SURELY the Broncs throw a contract offer at Grant and make the Storm out to be bad guys if they don't release him.

Let's hope so! Grant looked a millon dollars yesterday playing for the Sunshine Coast Falcons. He's got first grade player written all over him.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Shibasaki
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. TPJ
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

If you had told me in the pre-season by Round 9 the squad would look like this, I would have fallen over. The bench is gonna be interesting to see as well.

I dunno about TPJ in the 2nd row, defensively I'd only trust him enough at prop right now. On the edge, all it takes is one stupid rush or 1 lazy effort, and it's a try, there's way less cover there.

And if they don't want to release him we can always try for Brandon Smith

I dunno about TPJ in the 2nd row, defensively I'd only trust him enough at prop right now. On the edge, all it takes is one stupid rush or 1 lazy effort, and it's a try, there's way less cover there.

Nup, if he isn't playing Lock that's where he needs to be. No way can you bench Lodge or Haas after the last few weeks and I can't see TPJ getting benched either.

Last edited:
Let's put that in context, four of those five were in one game, he can't consistently make the Magpies BRL side who have won one game and he can't make their ISC side that has won two games and beaten by 70 yesterday.
Hmm so Isaako will drop back to play fullback at Souths Logan who are currently getting flogged.. hopefully he slots straight back in and gets his confidence back up.

Which ISC team will Jimmy line up for??

Last edited:
Let's hope so! Grant looked a millon dollars yesterday playing for the Sunshine Coast Falcons. He's got first grade player written all over him.

Which is why the storm probably won’t release him.

I think second row is probably his best position. It seems TPJ struggles at repeat efforts which is required defending at prop or lock.

In the second row he needs to be able to read the play and react laterally, but not usually required to make back-to-back efforts. I feel that suits him better

Last edited:

I certainly wouldn't expect Sua to be anywhere near first grade for a while based on what I saw yesterday. He put in a couple of disgraceful efforts at attempting to tackle Falcons players. A lot of talent but terribly lazy and seems to have a bit of a poor attitude to boot.

I certainly wouldn't expect Sua to be anywhere near first grade for a while based on what I saw yesterday. He put in a couple of disgraceful efforts at attempting to tackle Falcons players. A lot of talent but terribly lazy and seems to have a bit of a poor attitude to boot.
Is he back playing on the edge or in the middle??

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Shibasaki
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Offa

14. Paix
15. TPJ
16. Fifita
17. Carrigan / Flegler

Is there any other option to play hooker aside from Turpin? Maybe Paix?

What a sh** sandwich. Maybe this will unearth a diamond somehow.

Hopefully AS decides to use David Fifita in an effective capacity this week. He's been the biggest victim of Seibold's bench strategies.

Is he back playing on the edge or in the middle??

Sua played 2nd row yesterday but not sure about edge or middle. His defence was pretty diabolical wherever has was positioned. I expected him to be ripping in but he just seemed so lackadaisical and half hearted in most things he did.

@1910 could give you a better account though.

Last edited:
Hmm so Isaako will drop back to play fullback at Souths Logan who are currently getting flogged.. hopefully he slots straight back in and gets his confidence back up.

Which ISC team will Jimmy line up for??

Won't even get that, no ISC this week.

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • barker
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • vertigo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Bish
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • broncotville
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
... and 78 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.