POST GAME Round 9 - Sharks vs Broncos

I've heard that Wayne had a go at Meninga for picking the Kangaroo team a week early. I just can't help but think that it wouldn't have been an issue if we won. Bennett is just trying to take attention away from being beaten.

Gallen not charged for his blatant elbow to the face on McGuire.

Ridiculous.

This is exactly why the MRC needs a drastic overhaul. Their whole existence is to "review" the game to see if any on-field indiscretions had been missed by the ref/s. It was blatantly obvious that this is exactly what happened with the Gallen elbow.

Are we surprised ...no. The MRC has been a bumbling mess for as long as we can all remember.

Should we accept it as being the way it is.....**** no.

There are criticisms out there that the TV stations hold too much control over our game. But honestly, this is one area where TV replays get it right. They can see it....we can see it....the media can see it.....it seems every man, dog, woman and child can see it. It's only the MRC who can't. The existing MRC should be abolished and have a MRC made up from TV commentators / panel experts.

Last edited:
I liked noddys article today on fox sports saying Gallen elbowed his throat not his head so it wasn't as bad
if anything I would reckon that's fucking worse than his head
damage to the throat can be very dangerous

I've heard that Wayne had a go at Meninga for picking the Kangaroo team a week early. I just can't help but think that it wouldn't have been an issue if we won. Bennett is just trying to take attention away from being beaten.

Paul Green also said the same thing as Bennett....and his team won.

So let me get this straight ...

Blair is suspended for 1 week for a head clash with Adam Reynolds, yet ...

the dirtiest player in the game viciously lands an elbow to the head (or throat) of McGuire while he lay defenseless on the ground in a tackle and he has no case to answer...

Riiiiiggght.

which one of these is the odd one out

The NRL MRC; Consistency, Common Sense; Justice

So let me get this straight ...

Blair is suspended for 1 week for a head clash with Adam Reynolds, yet ...

the dirtiest player in the game viciously lands an elbow to the head (or throat) of McGuire while he lay defenseless on the ground in a tackle and he has no case to answer...

Riiiiiggght.

which one of these is the odd one out

The NRL MRC; Consistency, Common Sense; Justice

The captain of NSW.

They can't prove malice in that though. So it's the right call for mine. He's a grub, but McGuire isn't exactly a saint on the field.

They can't prove malice in that though. So it's the right call for mine. He's a grub, but McGuire isn't exactly a saint on the field.

You aren't seriously comparing McGuire's on field behavior with Gallens, are you? False equivalency up the wazoo.

I would say that there was malice in it. I didn't realise you had to prove malice. I'm not being a smartarse do you have to prove malice? I've never heard that before.

it doesn't actually matter if there was malice in it or just carelessness ... it was still a forearm to the head ... therefore under their own rules, worthy of a charge.

hell we didn't even receive a penalty from it.

The halves handled the pressure against the cowboys this year pretty well and lets be brutally honest, we were within a bees dick of a premiership last year. We make that final tackle and we win the game and the premiership. Our halves not being up to big games is a total fucking cop out and quite frankly insulting to them. They are a huge reason why this team is so successful today. They didn't deserve to win yesterday and didn't and its the same with the panthers loss where the whole side was too complacent in the second half. They will learn from these losses and I would rather have them now than in September
No they didn't. In fact, even though Milford did shine individually in both, the game management in those games against them was pretty shit. We would actually be premiers at this moment otherwise.

We have two five-eights (fantastic ones too) running around in the halves, but we don't have a kicking game to speak of, or a proper game manager. I have more hope that Milford will get there than Hunt, whom let's not forget, is already 26 and will be playing his 150th FG game in the next round against the Brookvale scum.

it doesn't actually matter if there was malice in it or just carelessness ... it was still a forearm to the head ... therefore under their own rules, worthy of a charge.

hell we didn't even receive a penalty from it.
It was intentional without a doubt, thus malicious imo.

It was noted at the time that it appeared as though Gallen "cocked" his elbow before "accidently" falling onto McGuire's throat/jaw .......

We're talking about Paul Gallen here Nashy.......nothing illegal he ever does is "accidental" or without malice. He's a fucken grub and every single one of his games should be highly scrutinised by *a MRC.

* not the current MRC because....well, it's obvious.

Definitely wrong call for mine.

McGuire got off for striking Kostjasyn when he was trying to play-the-ball so at least they're consistent.

What they will argue is that it was his fore-arm and not his elbow that made contact.

In McGuire's case, Buettner argued it was his tricep, not his elbow which made contact, so it's free game.

McGuire got off for striking Kostjasyn when he was trying to play-the-ball so at least they're consistent.

What they will argue is that it was his fore-arm and not his elbow that made contact.

In McGuire's case, Buettner argued it was his tricep, not his elbow which made contact, so it's free game.

i never knew contact with the head was permissible as long as you don't use your elbow ... what do you know, you learn something new every day :tongue:

It isn't up to the match review to penalise players, just whether it's worthy of a suspension.

A fore-arm to the face (which you see plenty of) isn't worth it.

At the very least, they're consistent.

I think this game proved that we can't have Thaiday starting at prop. He just doesn't give the impact needed. Once Ofahengaue, Ese'ese and Wallace came on we started to gain momentum and go forward.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.